Maladjusted re-release..

Re: Reissues

Can somene explain to me why a 1997 CD needs to be remastered? Is that just using the word "remastered" for marketing purposes? To make it seem you need to buy it again?

I understood why old vinyl albums needed remastering. I understood why the earliest CDs needed to be remastered. But why a 1997 CD? Does this just mean they'll pot it up louder, causing more distortion? I'm not an expert on these things. Just wondering what's up.

People would've liked if they had stuck on some bonus tracks, but they didn't wanna do that for whatever reason.

Last edited:

I agree with Theo. Leave Maladjusted alone. I love it as it is.

Theo,

The difference is the Viva Hate cover doesn't suck. It's awesome. The Maladjusted and Southpaw Grammar covers, not so much. So I'm glad for the new covers and I'm glad for new Southpaw tracks, but yeah, this 1997 remaster seems rather gratuitous to me.

Well, I love the original "Southpaw" cover!

As for "Maladjusted", the cover isn't so hot, but it is the cover of "Maladjusted" and that's that. I think the original "Maladjusted" cover is part of what was going on at that time. Morrissey says he just left it up to the label to do the cover, which is shocking since he had previously been so much more involved in cover sleeves. But it is part of the story of what was going on in 1997, is it not? After this album, Morrissey retreated for years.

I don't like changing history.

Anyway, the green font looks nice on the gray, IMO. Moz looks depressed, but that seems more accurate than this new, imposter photo.

And i'm not even sure if I'd say the new cover is superior even if judged separate from the album. He looks sort of like a metrosexual Terminator cyborg in the new one. The original seems a better reflection of the World of Moz in 1997.

Last edited:

The real terrible thing about the "Viva hate" reissue, though, was that it contained bonus tracks from an entirely different period of his solo career.

But I will say that it'll be nice to see "Maladjusted" back in record stores. I always found it bizarre how that album got so ignored in 1997, when it was obviously one of the best pop albums of that year and remains highly enjoyable 11 years on.

If this is indeed the re-issue, it's poor. The photo is not good, we get no extra tracks, and I agree with Theo - why remaster a 10-year old CD? I would normally buy all releases, but you can count me out on this one - there's just no point.

Peter

i will buy it there is no point saying i wont

BUT , i think the cover is actually worse , the track listing has one track not previously available in the UK "sorrow will come in the end" as it wasnt released here at the time for fear of upsetting, mind you we all have it as at the time the US version was an easy import

i like the idea of a re issue if your getting something , there were songs recorded or at least demoed at that time that were not used , wasnt KIT form then ? , this seems a bit of a cash in and to be honest with all the smiths reissues singles and albums , the southpaw reissue (with extra tracks) and YOR refusal just round the corner this is just another way of extrating your dough .:mad:

The cover is foul. You'd think they'd put a bit more thought into it considering what everyone (including Mogs) thought of the original one.

Maladjusted and Kill Uncle are the only Morrissey albums that I don't own physically. I've simply been tiding myself over with downloads for those until I get a chance to pick up the US CDs with the bonus tracks. So, only because I've been waiting to have a complete Maladjusted on CD for ages, I will get this re-issue.

I also actually quite like the new cover. But I agree with Theo, when he says that the original cover actually represents Morrissey at the time, whereas this one doesn't do anything.

Mostly, I'm very disappointed that there aren't any bonus tracks on this. As one of many people who can't afford to hunt down the Japan-only Rare Tracks, some b-sides would have been very much welcome.

Just wanted to leave this here...

14jrofl.jpg

Peter

Blegh, don't get it.... Cover's awful, can't see any new tracks.... disappointing

I like the cover but I won't buy it. I have the original one and since there are no extra tracks, I don't see the point. Also it's not one my Moz favorite albums, so... :)

I will however buy Southpaw Grammar - because It's quite a different story :D -love the cover + new tracks :guitar:

So, in February it will be YoR and SG and the b-sides of Paris - MOZ OVERDOSE :cool:

I like the new cover. It didn't have to be that fantastic to be better than the existing one, let's face it. Anything is an improvement.

As to the re-release, from Morrissey's perspective it's just a way of getting the album re-appraised. Maybe he feels it was unjustifiably dismissed at the time and might get a better hearing now because he is a bit more fashionable.

Don't know why the label are doing it though, can't see them making any money out of it.

Just wanted to leave this here...

14jrofl.jpg

Peter

I say Moz is naked under that black trench coat!!!!

But in any case he looks like a metrosexual cyborg Terminator!!!!

Look, of course I'm gonna buy this shit. I have nothing better to do with my pocket change. But why not just reissue the album as it was plus the terrific b-sides of that period as bonus tracks?

But yeah, I'll buy it regardless. I've bought all the releases except one (that Very Best of the Smiths comp that Morrissey and Marr both said was not a legit Smiths release).

I like the new cover. It didn't have to be that fantastic to be better than the existing one, let's face it. Anything is an improvement.

As to the re-release, from Morrissey's perspective it's just a way of getting the album re-appraised. Maybe he feels it was unjustifiably dismissed at the time and might get a better hearing now because he is a bit more fashionable.

Don't know why the label are doing it though, can't see them making any money out of it.

I agree with you. Althout it's not my fav Moz album, it has some fantastic tracks - trouble loves me, for instance - has to be one of the most beautiful songs he has ever written :)

Confirmed - it's a hoax.

It's a hoax, folks (and that rhymes), perpetrated by a user of this site who has repeatedly trolled here before. File under 'Troll', 'Ignore', and also 'Sad-Bastard'.

Peter

Tags
lolsuit
Back
Top Bottom