Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's a little scrambled but he's grieving so I guess we can allow him the shitty syntax. I'm assuming he's referencing the Covid situation, and possibly also the fallout from his own (possibly unwise) pronouncements. The 'malicious deception' being he thinks it's all a load of rubbish. I think.
well at least he got that right. a load of rubbish. boy am i with you on that, moz!!

For m
Why are people so confused by last paragraph? Clearly a reference to the ongoing Covid-paranoia being manipulated and manufactured by politicians and media to prevent any normal life resuming because of a virus that has an IFR in the same range as flu. Long past time for life to return to normal, but they won’t let it, and just keep pushing mass fear, paranoia, and abject submission to face diaper regimes (especially in the USA where the virus has been weaponized for political purposes related to the election).

The real odd thing in his post was the reference to her death being “premature.” I understand he’s grieving, but one can hardly call the death of someone who’s 82 or 83 ”premature” in any reasonable sense of the word.
For me Moz meant that her mother's house is her premature resting place because she will rest in another place,now she is there ,they will have to take her to her final resting place in Ireland....

Thanks to the people posting suggestions and tips for sending flowers from outside of the UK. I was having trouble, but got it to work now, thanks to you.

Also, it was a relief to hear from Morrissey! It sounds like he will be OK with time... Still sending love and good thoughts to him and his family.

Sounds like you’re doing well morrissey, I’m here for you, as always.. as ever.... my one constant, what will be shall always be .... me and you forever.... my love
Mmmmmm....oh a revelationCarlis i loved it!!!!

The butcher prowls our site.... with many a fake word....

Would you like to buy my t shirts of a
Nearly dead olde lady ...

HER NAME WAS ELIZABETH.
I CAN PUT HER DEAD FACE ON MY MERCHANDISE..... YES MORRISSEYS DEAD MOTHER...... . Then he , the butcher announces heart felt sadness for the passing of Elizabeth..... You utter 40 faced twat... I’ll tell you what, let’s dig up your 18 month dead mother and we shall put her manky face on a t shirt as well , let’s see how that sells ..you twat..

Moz's mother was not transferred yet to Ireland ,so Moz stated that the flowers arriived at her home ,which is her premature resting place.
Does anyone know when the funeral is?

For us the death of someone we love, is always "premature",not for the others.
Even she was on 80's .for him is a devastating moment.But i think,maybe,he was comparing with kirk douglas who lived 103 years.I prefer her mother lived that long life than that guy.
All deaths are unexpected too. Even if a person has a terminal illness you try to hold on to the hope that they'll miraculously recover.

I have sat back and paid my tributes to the Dwyer/ morrissey family , as have most people on here, lovely, words , tributes, much respect from most posters on here..... two people on here should be placed against a wall and shot .. rifkie.... and the big man ...
The butcher..... the pair of you have shown your selfs up on here when things were so delicate..... and your comments were simply not needed....yes it’s also clever to make comments of a fellow human being , when on their deathbed, why...., BECAUSE YOU CAN ...
AND BECAUSE YOU DID ...
I CURSE YOU BENNY
I CURSE YOU BENNY
I CURSE YOU BENNYY

May I’ll health enter your home
And none shall recover

I have sat back and paid my tributes to the Dwyer/ morrissey family , as have most people on here, lovely, words , tributes, much respect from most posters on here..... two people on here should be placed against a wall and shot .. rifkie.... and the big man ...
The butcher..... the pair of you have shown your selfs up on here when things were so delicate..... and your comments were simply not needed....yes it’s also clever to make comments of a fellow human being , when on their deathbed, why...., BECAUSE YOU CAN ...
AND BECAUSE YOU DID ...
I CURSE YOU BENNY
I CURSE YOU BENNY
I CURSE YOU BENNYY

And none shall recover
quel scandale!!! :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

i didnt make comments about morrisseys mother. i made comments about morrisseys infamous lack of equanimity. yall just took it the wrong way because yall are idiots.

AND BECAUSE YOU DID ...
I CURSE YOU BENNY
I CURSE YOU BENNY
I CURSE YOU BENNYY

And none shall recover

Haha who are you? The Grim Reaper? You need to take up a hobby. You are a contender for Drama Queen of the Year award though. Let's hope you don't learn voodoo. Hate to break your bubble but Morrissey doesn't give a toss whether you drop dead tomorrow. Is there a local helpline you can call?

Carlis is right they are 2 despicable people.
But i do not dedicate evil to anyone.
I only know that eve rything returns and here we will not forget.
These attitudes are of MISERABLE PEOPLE and will not be gratuitous.
Everything is paid.🤨😕🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈😕

Haha who are you? The Grim Reaper? You need to take up a hobby. You are a contender for Drama Queen of the Year award though. Let's hope you don't learn voodoo. Hate to break your bubble but Morrissey doesn't give a toss whether you drop dead tomorrow. Is there a local helpline you can call?
I know voodoo , it’s now on the butcher... curse, curse, curse on his front door step, mr best , sometimes it’s best to leave things alone that you have nothing to do with.... are you getting my vibe????

If I’m a contender for any award .... then I’ll take it , I’ve no shame , WHY, WE DESERVE IT..... yes , why should morrissey care if I drop dead.... he doesn’t know me , does he !!!!! So therefore he won’t care .... nor me either.....

The wording may have been a bit odd, but I think he clearly meant to indict the forces stuttering the music halls, and those who stifle free speech in the name of political correctness (Not only in general, but in the specific case of the current Covid-panic where unstinting efforts have been made to stifle free debate, opinion, research, and any dissent from the pre-determined Narrative. The role of Big Tech in this stifling has been especially odious).

I have no idea what gave you the bonkers idea that Trump created Covid or that he is responsible for it. The real epidemic and crisis is in the global over-reaction, clearly motivated for nefarious social, economic, and political ends. Trump’s error was in not taking the Swedish route and not firing Fraudci. The “mess” in America is one created not by Covid itself, but by the media and political with their inane and insane reaction to it, and its weaponized use as a means to undermine and defeat Trump. It is starting to backfire on them. And more people are also asking why Biden, clearly suffering from the onset of dimentia, is being kept from media questions and also trying to dodge debates. This is also why the Dems are pushing for mail-in election - much easier for their corrupt machine to manipulate. I have no liking for Trump as president or as a person, but it’s a sad indictment of the state of America that he remains the lesser of two evils again in 2020 as he was in 2016.

He was blaming the halls of music (we don't call venues music halls) & free expression.

Why would FREE expression be to blame?

And why would any President have to bow to a hoax?

And why blame big tech when the biggest spreader of the idea that Covid is a hoax is the internet?

What is anyone politically gaining out of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, this is really a good time to talk about an upcoming album while Moz’s mother is not with us...people call me Insensitive 💀

Anyways, Flowers are sent.

It is, because it would be a sign he was seeing a future & would be ok.

It's an oddly worded sentence by any stretch of the imagination. It does seem to be referring to the current pandemic - although it's possible the 'malicious deception' could be death itself? He has alluded on several occasions to Hindu philosophy which views the birth / death cycle as an 'illusion'. But the more probable interpretation is that he simply can't wait for live concerts to be on again so he can feel the love of his fans. Singing on a stage is clearly when he feels most alive.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom