Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He just wanted to say thank you for good words, love, compassion and beautiful flowers for his beloved mother. He didn't have to do that, did he
He also hopes that one day it will all end (covid, restrictions) and we will all return to normal life, and he return to what he loves the most - playing music and sharing it with us live. Let's appreciate it. Be strong Moz in these difficult times. We are all with You, for better and for worse. And God bless You, whoever He is .

How wonderful

My moz, my heart goes out to you. No words can express my love to you. Hold on.. you’re needed and loved. You are a gift to me and to the world. And your beautiful mom will always be loved & cherished for bringing you to the world and for being such a big part of who you are and your beautiful work. I love you eternally & wish I could hug you deeply. 🙏

“The halls of malicious deception”? Jesus Mary f***... Even in grief, the guy can’t help himself. The death of a close loved one can often be a transitional experience. It can be a time of learning, reflection and growth. Not for Morrissey. ...and now that the ONE person he actually listened to - who reigned in his narcissism and narrow, toddleresque world view is gone, all bets are off. No good comes of this.

Condolences to him - but also especially to his family, who must now deal with his public politicization of this loss.

Did she, though? Reign in his narcissism? And did it develop all by itself? Or was a seed planted?

I don't know what his mother was like, and I briefly wondered about that once, long ago. I even considered writing directly to her to complain then, much like one would contact the customer service department and vent about a faulty product. Thankfully, I decided against it, partly because I had a feeling she wouldn't be on my side anyway :D

Now I read anecdotes from people who met her and I am surprised because she indeed seemed nice to fans. It was of course unfair to imagine her only in relation to her son, but I didn't know anything about her, and still don't, so, based on what her son was like, I pictured a rather horrid woman, who had encouraged her son to do anything to become famous and wealthy and who wouldn't care at what cost, as long as she got money and that weird "respect" her son now mentions, (the respect that is, what, due to her because she gave birth to him? How ridiculous is that? How reactionary is that? )

If people she's never met or heard of send beautiful flowers, ultimately, it's a mark of "respect " to him, it's attention that HE receives. I imagine whenever some old Mafioso's mummy dies, the local people fight over who sends the biggest wreath, because they need protection or whatever. So I assume if you send a bouquet from Peru you're in desperate need of Sammy's blessings because the harvest has been bad. Something like that.
Sure, sending "expensive" flowers ("I saw you get those daisies from the neighbour's lawn! Congratulations! You're barred!") is a nice gesture, but no matter how sincere these people were, they can't forget that his mother is never going to see those.

So yes, this all robs her of her own death a bit, I agree. It makes it all about him. Again. And yet surely she was her own person, not just somebody's mother, not just the matrix.

It would have been nice to learn more about your mum, Morrissey. What was her favourite flower? Could she sing any Irish ballads? Did she have a favourite subject at school? Was she creative? Did she sometimes think the men in her family were twits? Was she member of "for Britain"? The Flat Earth Society? The RSPCA? Any favourite crisps flavour? Did she recognize fans' handwritings on envelopes? Who was her favourite Morrissey musician? What kind of upbringing did she have? Was she a buddhist? Did she ever knit you a jumper?

You ask people to pray for a stranger. Your faithful nephew takes it even further and welcomes everybody to a service nobody outside Ireland can go to anyway to celebrate the life of a stranger. You choose to make all this public when you could take this time to stop, to take stock.

So I've heard many times that people grieve differently but I don't see the respect. Unless her final wish was to have the funeral of a rockstar and be part of the usual Centrassholery.

I 'm sure there is love for her, you keep saying you loved her, and I'm sure you're heartbroken, you must be. But as always, no matter how much you claim to love someone, they come second.
That's fair enough. And it's no surprise.
I truly hope you'll find your way out of that before your death though.

One last thing about respect. People are worthy of respect until proven otherwise. For instance, me, in the House of Morrissey, if I want to disrespect Steven Patrick Francis and the self-important halfwit who tells the world to say a "Snail Mary' for his grandma, in Spanish, something is telling me it's A-ok.
You show the respect or lack of you feel. It's all ok to me. Morrissey hasn't stopped being Morrissey just because his mother died. Sadly.

Now or in a little while would be a good time to do just that, though.
There is help and support if he chooses to explore that option, which might actually be the only one. I'm sure Russell could help, people like that.

All he can see now is he's denied going on stage but it might be a reflex to avoid facing his grief. In a little while he might see things differently. Maybe feel like breaking the family.

(Yeah that means telling the nephew to stfu.)(in plain english)(You know, the language absent from that 2nd paragraph?...)
And that doesn't mean the end of the song, just the end of the circus, the yt videos, the loopy rants, etc.

A bit like being born again.

I know. Too soon. Just planting. We'll see.

Did she, though? Reign in his narcissism? And did it develop all by itself? Or was a seed planted?

I don't know what his mother was like, and I briefly wondered about that once, long ago. I even considered writing directly to her to complain then, much like one would contact the customer service department and vent about a faulty product. Thankfully, I decided against it, partly because I had a feeling she wouldn't be on my side anyway :D

Now I read anecdotes from people who met her and I am surprised because she indeed seemed nice to fans. It was of course unfair to imagine her only in relation to her son, but I didn't know anything about her, and still don't, so, based on what her son was like, I pictured a rather horrid woman, who had encouraged her son to do anything to become famous and wealthy and who wouldn't care at what cost, as long as she got money and that weird "respect" her son now mentions, (the respect that is, what, due to her because she gave birth to him? How ridiculous is that? How reactionary is that? )

If people she's never met or heard of send beautiful flowers, ultimately, it's a mark of "respect " to him, it's attention that HE receives. I imagine whenever some old Mafioso's mummy dies, the local people fight over who sends the biggest wreath, because they need protection or whatever. So I assume if you send a bouquet from Peru you're in desperate need of Sammy's blessings because the harvest has been bad. Something like that.
Sure, sending "expensive" flowers ("I saw you get those daisies from the neighbour's lawn! Congratulations! You're barred!") is a nice gesture, but no matter how sincere these people were, they can't forget that his mother is never going to see those.

So yes, this all robs her of her own death a bit, I agree. It makes it all about him. Again. And yet surely she was her own person, not just somebody's mother, not just the matrix.

It would have been nice to learn more about your mum, Morrissey. What was her favourite flower? Could she sing any Irish ballads? Did she have a favourite subject at school? Was she creative? Did she sometimes think the men in her family were twits? Was she member of "for Britain"? The Flat Earth Society? The RSPCA? Any favourite crisps flavour? Did she recognize fans' handwritings on envelopes? Who was her favourite Morrissey musician? What kind of upbringing did she have? Was she a buddhist? Did she ever knit you a jumper?

You ask people to pray for a stranger. Your faithful nephew takes it even further and welcomes everybody to a service nobody outside Ireland can go to anyway to celebrate the life of a stranger. You choose to make all this public when you could take this time to stop, to take stock.

So I've heard many times that people grieve differently but I don't see the respect. Unless her final wish was to have the funeral of a rockstar and be part of the usual Centrassholery.

I 'm sure there is love for her, you keep saying you loved her, and I'm sure you're heartbroken, you must be. But as always, no matter how much you claim to love someone, they come second.

One last thing about respect. People are worthy of respect until proven otherwise. For instance, me, in the House of Morrissey, if I want to disrespect Steven Patrick Francis and the self-important halfwit who tells the world to say a "Snail Mary' for his grandma, in Spanish, something is telling me it's A-ok.
You show the respect or lack of you feel. It's all ok to me. Morrissey hasn't stopped being Morrissey just because his mother died. Sadly.

There is help and support if he chooses to explore that option, which might actually be the only one. I'm sure Russell could help, people like that.

All he can see now is he's denied going on stage but it might be a reflex to avoid facing his grief. In a little while he might see things differently. Maybe feel like breaking the family.

(Yeah that means telling the nephew to stfu.)(in plain english)(You know, the language absent from that 2nd paragraph?...)
And that doesn't mean the end of the song, just the end of the circus, the yt videos, the loopy rants, etc.

In the Catholic tradition everyone is asked to pray & everyone is welcome to a funeral - you're being a prat.

In the Catholic tradition everyone is asked to pray & everyone is welcome to a funeral - you're being a prat.

In the Catholic tradition there is no Facebook & gravediggers are not welcome to funerals-you're being the Soubirous of Solo.

...And you really ain't got a scooby, have you, Soubi?
Jaysus. Even Sammy's got more than you.

:church: Ding ding ding!

In the Catholic tradition there is no Facebook & gravediggers are not welcome to funerals-you're being the Soubirous of Solo.

🤒

FC are you zonked from slurping 7-11 chili dogs?:blushing:

The Catholic Church & Catholics are on social media - posting prayer requests etc & very few Catholic funerals are private - anyone is welcome.

No matter what kind of service she's having, that'll be the attitude they're used to.

I take it you don't darken the door often. 🙄

He just wanted to say thank you for good words, love, compassion and beautiful flowers for his beloved mother. He didn't have to do that, did he
He also hopes that one day it will all end (covid, restrictions) and we will all return to normal life, and he return to what he loves the most - playing music and sharing it with us live. Let's appreciate it. Be strong Moz in these difficult times. We are all with You, for better and for worse. And God bless You, whoever He is .
Sam asked, quite directly, for people to send flowers to that address. ...so a simple “Thank-you” seems appropriate. Let’s not overdue the myth of his altruism.

The Catholic Church & Catholics are on social media - posting prayer requests etc & very few Catholic funerals are private - anyone is welcome.

No matter what kind of service she's having, that'll be the attitude they're used to.

I take it you don't darken the door often. 🙄

Very perceptive of you Bernie. I stopped going right after confirmation. Because I enjoy a lie-in on Sundays and also because that load of bollix weighed heavily on my shoulders.

These days I never miss the Jewish program on telly.

'Course the Church uses social media. That was the next logical step after Christian rock.
You said tradition though... Unless...you think of Facebook as tradition...In which case I'll pray for your salvation.

Very perceptive of you Bernie. I stopped going right after confirmation. Because I enjoy a lie-in on Sundays and also because that load of bollix weighed heavily on my shoulders.

These days I never miss the Jewish program on telly.

'Course the Church uses social media. That was the next logical step after Christian rock.
You said tradition though... Unless...you think of Facebook as tradition...In which case I'll pray for your salvation.

It's the prayer requests that are tradition - putting them on Facebook doesn't change the practice.

During lockdown most Masses were online that doesn't mean the mass isn't tradition.

In the “Catholic tradition”, a virgin had a baby in a barn. ...people eat fish on Friday’s (since the early 20th century). Thousands of young boys have been savagely raped by disseminators of the “Word of God”. Thousands of unwanted children have been born into physical, mental and emotional abuse by nuns who run the “holding-centres”, where they’re auctioned off. Cathedrals have been through the pillaging of gold, art and jewels from foreign nations. Ancient cultures and languages have been obliterated. Stagnant shit-water is considered “Holy”.

The “Catholic tradition” is one of shame and control. The “Catholic tradition” is one of hypocrisy.

When someone dies, in the “Catholic traditon”, it’s “God’s” will. Why the sadness?

The “Catholic tradition” is a complete and utter pile of bullshit.

f*** the “Catholic tradition”.

Well said.

f*** me reading some of these comments..... A family has just lost their matriach People handle grief in different ways. If you have a platform would you not do the same for your mum?

The lowlife has lost its appeal

🤒

FC are you zonked from slurping 7-11 chili dogs?:blushing:
If you ever got the chance to eat a chili-dog, after your years of consuming boiled potatoes, Krpice sa zeljem, Kruh, mast i paprika, Krvavica and dry-ass Paprenjaci, your stool might be solid. Surprisingly, you might stop shitting your tearaways with that ghetto sludge you’ve been consuming.

...and there are no 7-11s in Croatia becasue- beside the wanna-be gangsters in your half-assed “mafioso” organizations - there’s no money there, so why would 7-11 bother pandering to another bunch of genocidal, Catholic bitches?

You’re angry, bitter, devoid of empathy outside your bubble and fully broke as a joke.

Keep yappin’, kurac.

In the “Catholic tradition”, a virgin had a baby in a barn. ...people eat fish on Friday’s (since the early 20th century). Thousands of young boys have been savagely raped by disseminators of the “Word of God”. Thousands of unwanted children have been born into physical, mental and emotional abuse by nuns who run the “holding-centres”, where they’re auctioned off. Cathedrals have been through the pillaging of gold, art and jewels from foreign nations. Ancient cultures and languages have been obliterated. Stagnant shit-water is considered “Holy”.

The “Catholic tradition” is one of shame and control. The “Catholic tradition” is one of hypocrisy.

When someone dies, in the “Catholic traditon”, it’s “God’s” will. Why the sadness?

The “Catholic tradition” is a complete and utter pile of bullshit.

f*** the “Catholic tradition”.

Go to bed Ian.
PS
Rangers are shit

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom