Manchester 23rd !

jonesman9

England for the English
I will b doin the annnual "Mecca" to Manchester to watch the "GOD" on stage !!

me n the Mrs wil be drivin from Leicester , and wondered if any1 would care to meet up 4 a bevvie or 2 b4 or afta !.....where wil the "hip"... lol..... Moza crew be????:)

Si & Em

The 'Hipsters' (well, me, Grim and Deanno) will be watching City thrash Bolton Wanderers in the afternoon and then no idea where for a drink, one of many pubs I expect!

There are a few great pubs a few minutes walk from G-Mex, try these as they will be hammered with fans I would imagine.

At the far end of G-Mex, next to the Bridgewater Hall is The Britons Protection - looks like a small pub but is a tardis inside!
Rain Bar is just down the same road on the same side and across the road from there is The Peveril Of The Peak, a great traditional Manchester pub with green tiles on the outside!
I also recommend The Temple Of Convenience, again just up from The Pev. A former underground public toilet converted into a Boho pub! If there is 20 people in there (and we are not talking George Michael here!!) it is heaving!

Enjoy

The Goat

I've tried many times to go into that pub, Goat, but as you say; 20+ = No! Very similar, capacity wise, to Sinclairs Oyster Bar - which is possibly my favouritist pub in Manchester :D

The Armaenium (sic) is close by to the G-Mex, pint of Worthingtons for £1.59!

Back
Top Bottom