Manchester Castlefield Bowl (July 7, 8) confirmation, on sale this week - Morrissey Central

Confirmation - Morrissey Central
May 20, 2018

Morrissey tickets go on sale this week for

Manchester Castlefield Bowl, Saturday July 7th.

Manchester Castlefield Bowl, Sunday July 8th

Events will be 100% vegan/vegetarian.

Ticket links yet?

I am flying from Chicago to see The Cure's 40th Anniversary set in Hyde Park, London. Then taking the train the next morning to Manchester to see Mozza!

Interesting that it shows a 4:00 p.m. start time for the shows.

Think that’s when the gates open. When New Order played the venue, it was a Dj at 5.30, 3 support bands and New Order at 9pm.

Generally events at this venue are part of a series of gigs called, Sounds Of The City, which run from late June into July, not sure if the Morrissey gigs are part of that but the Elvis Costello one the day before is?

It’s the best venue in Manchester in my opinion, as long as it doesn’t rain!

Update:
The press release appears to have only been summarised by the MEN.
In full (which includes the 7" release date):

"Following the most successful UK Tour of his career from earlier this year, Morrissey is set to announce additional UK dates for this coming summer. The first of these performances to be announced will take place on July 7th and 8th at the iconic location of Castlefield Bowl, in Manchester’s city centre.
‘All The Young People Must Fall In Love’ has also been confirmed as the latest in the series of limited edition 7” clear vinyl singles from Morrissey’s latest album ‘Low In High School’ and will be released on Friday 6th July.

The A side is a new mix of the track by Bob Clearmountain and it is b/w a cover of ‘Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? (Live)’ a Waylon Jennings cover. The 7” will be available to pre-order from HMV and independent record stores soon.

Tickets for the shows will go on-sale to the public on the morning of Friday May 25th at 10am via http://gigst.rs/morrissey."

From About Manchester:
http://aboutmanchester.co.uk/morrissey-announces-two-manchester-dates/

Note: as spotted by mcrickson - sources are quoting Are You Sure Hank... is the B-side. I'm guessing they all got the same duff info. Central still cites Rose Garden as the B.

Double update!!

The 7" was just listed on Piccadilly Records UK and includes Rose Garden - totally trustworthy indie record shop.
(see 7" thread for more details:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...uk-plus-sweden-date-morrissey-central.142361/).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
yes, more dates please

£71.50 - is he having a Jimmy Giraffe?
Yea its too much, was expecting £50 tops, plus I don't think Morrissey suits the Castlefield Bowl, I would of gone for the Apollo first. On the other hand if Johnny Marr walks out, I will be gutted, but I reckon it will be the usual setlist, no frills or surprises, so I'm out.

I keep telling you all. It's about money, and nothing else. He'll get his fingers burned here.
I actually agree 100%, same price as the Manchester Arena 2 years ago, but I'm guessing the venue fee is a fraction of the Manchester Arena, daylight robbery.

I keep telling you all. It's about money, and nothing else. He'll get his fingers burned here.

My daughter and some of her mates who are too young to understand the bullshit speak he comes out with fancied going as they all like The Smiths but I'm not paying the much for her to go.

The 20 people on this ‘fansite’ won’t go but the public will.

My daughter and some of her mates who are too young to understand the bullshit speak he comes out with fancied going as they all like The Smiths but I'm not paying the much for her to go.

:straightface:

"the bullshit speak he comes out with fancied going"

"you are not paying the much"
:crazy:

I thought you said you were flush but the truth shows you cant afford a ticket?:clap:

Skinny says A
:dogface: says A
clockwork.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom