Manchester Date Added, Manchester Arena, Saturday 28 July - TTY Update

If you've never seen Morrissey before, you're in for a treat.
The set-list is one of his best ever, and he's on great singing form.
A lot of us who've been following him for years have got a bit sick of him recently (for various reasons) but, on its own terms, tonight should be a brilliant concert.
Enjoy!

Oh dear - people are trying to sell them for just £15 each now. http://www.gumtree.com/tickets/manchester
We know how proud Morrissey is when he breaks box-office records. How must he feel about this, in his home town no less, when the Stone Roses played to over half a million just a few weeks back?

Morrissey, as always, needs effective management if he is going to secure the high-profile 'record-breaking' trophies he does indeed seem to crave.

The Stone Roses announced their dates Oct 11, Moz announed this show Apr 12. The music industry is in crisis. Too many bands touring too much to bolster their incomes/ pension funds in the absence of income from recorded music products. There is a severe recession/depression and there is only so much £/$ within any local economy for entertainments/gigs/festivals etc. Effective management would have advised him that M'chest was probably 'overspent' on the Roses and that he was competing for scares £'s and should reschedule the event to later in the year.

As it is, I think he's had a remarkably strong show of support given the venue is nearly sold out. I hope everyone enjoys the show.

regards

Oh dear - people are trying to sell them for just £15 each now. http://www.gumtree.com/tickets/manchester
We know how proud Morrissey is when he breaks box-office records. How must he feel about this, in his home town no less, when the Stone Roses played to over half a million just a few weeks back?

Less than a tenner on seat wave earlier for seats in the upper tier. But it doesn't take much working out that a fee people would have snapped up the free tickets given out the other night in Manchester and a now happy to get a few quid if they can?

About to leave for Manchester (if certain members of my party can hurry themselves up), not too bothered about gettting right up front as there'll still be a huge gap and I was pretty close in Hawick anyway so I'll probably turn up around 7/730 - just in time for the much loved support ;)

Have a good night everyone! :D

Have fun, everyone. :flowers:

What time is he due on stage tonight, it's pissing it down - or will be very shortly, some massive black clouds approaching from Salford, and I don't want to get wet (soft lad that I am).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom