Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
Oh me oh my,the ultimate approval from the Mozster. I find this all rather dull as I didn't know this woman outside of one rather unpleasant experience at a show and can't bring myself to be weepy. I assume the proper thing to say is that I hope she's happier this way,though I doubt she's feeling much emotion in her current state. My condolences to her family~

**Please listen 2 the words I say
and hear me now as I do pray
may wisdom bless my tongue and lips
and giuldance bless the advice I give!

Let your tougue speack goodness
let your thoughts be kind
Consider your faults
I know mine!
Protect those as lips do part
From cruel words spoken here, from the heart!

And it be done - that it harm no one!**

Ps forgot 2 send my condolences to Margarets faimily - sorry about the loss of your dear daugter.
R.I.P margaret.

This is my last post on this topic

Last edited:
Some off-topic posts have been moved to the off-topic fight thread.

Thank goodness 4 that davidt !
Im all 4 "freedom of speach" ect, but someones tragic passing shouldent be ridiculed ect in such a cruel way as weve see here!

Id ask 4 at least this topic 2 be free from any nonesense ect , this poor woman has tragically ended her life!
Shes DESERVES some dignity and respect !

Oh and thank u 2 morrissey 4 remebereing her and taking the time 2 pay such a loverly tribute !

Last edited:
Im all 4 "freedom of speach" ect,

How can you be "for" something you can't even spell?

but someones tragic passing shouldent be ridiculed ect in such a cruel way as weve see here!

Most of the posts seem to be ridiculing Morrissey and his tact...but you probably don't know what that even is.

Id ask 4 at least this topic 2 be free from any nonesense ect , this poor woman has tragically ended her life!
Shes DESERVES some dignity and respect !

Nobody deserves anything...respect is not intrinsic.

Oh and thank u 2 morrissey 4 remebereing her and taking the time 2 pay such a loverly tribute !

Thank him for what? Re-wording his "Mel Torment is dead" paragraph?

How can you be "for" something you can't even spell?

Most of the posts seem to be ridiculing Morrissey and his tact...but you probably don't know what that even is.

Nobody deserves anything...respect is not intrinsic.

Thank him for what? Re-wording his "Mel Torment is dead" paragraph?

Anyone is free 2 post In any colour they choose and spell in any ways they feel fit!
I dont want 2 spell "corectley " Im gunna make as many "mistakes" as I want!

The oxford english dictoinary is FULL of mis-spelt meaningless mistakes, and any one remotly educated wont have a clue what any of the nonsence words and sentances within its pages mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Might of known it wud be u or skylaker 2 post next! knew it!

Anyone is free 2 post In any colour they choose and spell in any ways they feel fit!
I dont want 2 spell "corectley " Im gunna make as many "mistakes" as I want!

But you do realise that your way of "spelling" makes your posts very hard to read, do you? By the way, I thought that spelling rules applied to everyone ... what is the point in intentionally spelling things wrong?

But I refuse 2 bend , I love morrissey with all my heart! and I allways will! -

If Morrissey could see how you are raping your native language, he would be disgusted!

The oxford english dictoinary is FULL of mis-spelt meaningless mistakes, and any one remotly educated wont have a clue what any of the nonsence words and sentances within its pages mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just sheer idiocy. Leaving aside the spelling and grammatical mistakes, the errors of THOUGHT are astonishing. And the ignorant presumption ...

The OED is 'full' of mistakes? Some examples?
'Misspelt mistakes'? So it's another kind of mistake that is also misspelt or a mistake in spelling that is misspelt? - Which means what?
'Meaningless mistakes'? In what sense meaningless? Just because language doesn't matter to you, doesn't make it meaningless.
'Nonsense words'? Again some examples? You might as well say The sky is green, the grass is blue - these claims bear no relation to reality.
Anyone remotely educated won't have a clue what any of its words and sentences mean? Well, clearly YOU are not even remotely educated, and so cannot speak on behalf of those who are.

A lovely tribute by Morrissey. He sums up life as it is now. Not only are we bombarded at every turn of a page by reports of the vile Royals,celebrity bores & meat choking chefs and promiscuity personified in plastic " fake tanned" bodies with hideously bleached teeth, we now also get bombarded by photos of their offspring. I am totally allergic to these thickos & their adoring wanabees, dressed in their "onesies & ugg boots", it brings out an ugly reaction in me, the irritation is unbearable! Thank Gawd for Morrissey. I hope his health is improving by the day, things always have to get worse to get better. Quite simply he needs nursing better, like we all do when we are ill.
I am certain that Margaret is resting in the light.

You realise, don't you, that Morrissey is a celebrity? As someone else has already said, although Morrissey wants to be seen, with statements like this, to be criticising celebrity culture, he's actually just jealous of other celebrities' higher profile. (See: his insistence on a major label recording contract for further details.)

Suicide is not courageous. A better use of action would be to live well and long.

His letter is irresponsible. How many of his mentally unstable, blind disciples will read this and decide to take their lives? If even one chooses this path, well... ah Morrissey will finally notice me. Morrissey will think I am a person of action.

And then to wrap it up by mentioning V. Beckham and K. Middleton, unbelievable. A new low, Moz!

His last paragraph is what's called a literary device. Jesus. Get an education.

Re:

Sadly, many die alone and no one hears that cry. We lost one of our students last year, 4 FEB. She was a freshman and her final FB post was: "I'm done." The level of sickening cruelty posted on her FB wall following her death was monstrous. I didn't read it; I listened to her pained father recount it at the memorial service for her in the gym. The other day, I was at work (I work in a public H.S.) and gouged in the wall in the girls' room were these words: "PAIN IS ALL I HAVE". We live in a hurting world. Moz has done some very incredible things with his music and his outspokenness;the best we can do is to not add to the pain and suffering of others. In 100 years it WILL matter.

A great, true post. We do have the power to alleviate others' pain and we should do it whenever we can. Sometimes all it takes is a few gentle words. Years ago a man killed himself by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Afterward his suicide note was found in his room, and in part it read: if one person smiles at me on my way to the bridge, I won't do it. Most suicidal people want to live and are looking for a reason to do so. A little kindness can provide that reason. Most pain passes with time. We just have to help people deal with the interim.

Re:

A great, true post. We do have the power to alleviate others' pain and we should do it whenever we can. Sometimes all it takes is a few gentle words. Years ago a man killed himself by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Afterward his suicide note was found in his room, and in part it read: if one person smiles at me on my way to the bridge, I won't do it. Most suicidal people want to live and are looking for a reason to do so. A little kindness can provide that reason. Most pain passes with time. We just have to help people deal with the interim.

Suicide types put the responsibility on the shoulders of others. "I'll accept the responsibility for my life if SOMEONE ELSE does something for me." Sorry but that's bullshit.

Yeah, depression sucks. It's true. And yeah, life itself can be a hell of a drag. But it is nobody's else's job to pull you from the edge. You've got to do it for yourself. Otherwise yeah, maybe it's better to sign out if you think you are somehow exempt from bearing the daily burdens that come with human existence.

Re:

Suicide types put the responsibility on the shoulders of others. "I'll accept the responsibility for my life if SOMEONE ELSE does something for me." Sorry but that's bullshit.

Yeah, depression sucks. It's true. And yeah, life itself can be a hell of a drag. But it is nobody's else's job to pull you from the edge. You've got to do it for yourself. Otherwise yeah, maybe it's better to sign out if you think you are somehow exempt from bearing the daily burdens that come with human existence.

And I presume you know what "I jumped out the window" means?

Re:

Like some others have already stated here Morrissey has always made his views on suicide known.I find it completely unbelievable that in this day and age the ignorance on the subject of depression.Depression is an illness just like any other.It is not a character flaw or being weak.Despite what some others have said here you just can`t snap out of it and be happy.If you have never been through severe depression you cannot imagine the pain it causes.Just because some one takes their own life does not mean they were a coward or weak.It means that they couldn`t stand the pain anymore.As the saying goes walk a mile in my shoes.I think some of these attitudes make it difficult for people who are struggling to seek help.Not all people have the same views on life.Some believe suicide is a sin,others believe that there is nothing wrong with taking matters in to your own hands.I think it was a lovely thing for Morrissey to acknowledge Margaret.If she wanted to follow Morrissey around who is anyone to judge her.It was her life.I don`t understand why some people come here if they despise Morrissey so much.I guess they can be brave when they are not face to face.

I couldn't remember the name Margaret Dale but mutual friends told me that we had hung out with her in near and far places at Morrissey shows and conventions over the years and I found a pic with her. Very sad. I have mixed feeling about Morrissey himself commenting on her passing... yes of course it is all very sweet of him to do so. Just as it was when Melinda Hsu passed. My fear is that some of these fans might read these nice things Morrissey writes about them after they are gone and then feel it is time to take their own life - out of hope that of course he will write about them, too...
My message to you: please hold on.
Rest In Peace, Margaret Dale.

That's not likely. People commit [or attempt] suicide for a myriad of reasons but one of the things about is that you won't be around to hear what anyone says about you. Those who do threaten or commit suicide to manipulate are spiting themselves so they hardly merit consideration over the millions who are very sick and need the empathy, understanding and compassion Morrissey provides them. [or the non Moz fans too]
Why do such a thing then if that is your reason?
It's too simple for people to deride guys like Aaron Swartz who lived heroically for one moment under sheer mental duress. [In his case bipolar disorder paired with the sick justice system bullying him.]

I'd never heard of Margaret but it sounds like she tried to make the most of her life by doing things she enjoyed like going to Moz shows.
I'm not going to judge someone I don't know.
I'm especially not going to judge hypothetical people plucked out of concern trolling.

People who are trying to get treatment are often put on medication that causes them to do the very thing they were fighting against.
Morrissey's empathy for people going through such turmoil and pain shouldn't be undermined because it might cause people to do it for attention.
That was not the point of his message.

obsessed with zombies and morons.

tumblr_mjrnhfrlZR1r08leoo2_500.gif

anyway condolences to Ms dales family. I hope her family don't have to read the crap Morrissey wrote or what is on this site.

I'm surprised that Morrissey has made a statement about this, but there you go.
However, there is a competiton on facebook, at who is the most upset about the passing of someone they hardly knew, lead by David and poisonous Toni.

Talking of whom, self-proclaimed superfan, David (1st gig, 2011) wants the head of anyone who uses this site, on a plate. He's very, very hostile, very hostile indeed.

RIP, Margaret.

He enjoys going to gigs and combining gigs with holidays. First gig was not 2011. I know this as fact. But why does it matter anyway? And they both knew her personally. Also, a fact. So are quite rightly upset. Nothing more hostile than this website.

RIP Margaret

Do you really have to mention the village idiot's name on here? I think everyone is sick to the back teeth of him pretending to be morrissey, what with his umpteen pictures of him posing like morrissey, together with his quotes, the man's an imbecile.
Superfan? In his own deluded mind.

He has never declared himself a superfan. He goes to gigs, enjoys meeting fellow fans and combining going to gigs abroad with a holiday. As for for the pictures, its called having fun and a laugh! Recreating Moz poses in the same place Moz did is great fun. I know because i go with him! So next time we are at a gig, please come and say all this to our faces instead of hiding behind keyboards like cowards!

Farewell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom