Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if someone's already posted this, as it's hard to find the real comments when wading through the tirades of opportunistic Moz bashing. This thread is about a woman who has sadly passed on before her time, there ought to be some mutual respect and decorum displayed.

However, I read Morrissey's statement as his lament that the passing of this woman would be of no consequence to the media, instead their pages are filled with vacuous celebrity 'news' that has no bearing on our real lives. Once upon a time newspapers reported real human interest stories, now they simply fill their pages with any old claptrap. THIS is what Morrissey is lamenting and nothing to do with himself. Why would he? Everything he says gets into the papers anyway, usually for some journo to call him a miserable old sod.

I personally think it's beautiful that Morrissey has chosen to comment at all on this woman's death, pay tribute to her life and give her an epitaph she wouldn't otherwise have received, yet once again, the forums descend into personal point scoring. There really are some hateful people who are only brave enough to show their true colours online.

There is a better world. Well there must be.

RIP Margaret.

I'm not sure if someone's already posted this, as it's hard to find the real comments when wading through the tirades of opportunistic Moz bashing. This thread is about a woman who has sadly passed on before her time, there ought to be some mutual respect and decorum displayed.

However, I read Morrissey's statement as his lament that the passing of this woman would be of no consequence to the media, instead their pages are filled with vacuous celebrity 'news' that has no bearing on our real lives. Once upon a time newspapers reported real human interest stories, now they simply fill their pages with any old claptrap. THIS is what Morrissey is lamenting and nothing to do with himself. Why would he? Everything he says gets into the papers anyway, usually for some journo to call him a miserable old sod.

I personally think it's beautiful that Morrissey has chosen to comment at all on this woman's death, pay tribute to her life and give her an epitaph she wouldn't otherwise have received, yet once again, the forums descend into personal point scoring. There really are some hateful people who are only brave enough to show their true colours online.

RIP Margaret.

Very well said. Anyone with a brain could see what Morrissey meant. It's a shame DavidT retains all this bullshit under the banner of "free speech" in that naive, high school way of his, when any mature and responsible webmaster would have no qualms about quickly clearing all the off-topic drivel and spitefulness. Just shows where his priorities lie.

RIP Margaret.

100% agree trouble loves me.
As I said in earlier post, Morrissey is probably one of the only 'real' people left in our celebrity culture, for want of a better word.
His tribute to her is nothing short of beautiful and demonstrates his complete humanity in comparison to the airheads we have to contend with daily.

100% agree trouble loves me.
As I said in earlier post, Morrissey is probably one of the only 'real' people left in our celebrity culture, for want of a better word.
His tribute to her is nothing short of beautiful and demonstrates his complete humanity in comparison to the airheads we have to contend with daily.

I'll be sure to raise a toast to Morrissey keeping it real the next time I have my assistant sprinkle salt on my chips.

Very well said. Anyone with a brain could see what Morrissey meant. It's a shame DavidT retains all this bullshit under the banner of "free speech" in that naive, high school way of his, when any mature and responsible webmaster would have no qualms about quickly clearing all the off-topic drivel and spitefulness. Just shows where his priorities lie.

...said the probably banned former user who couldn't post his opinion here anymore without David allowing all voices and opinions to be heard in the name of free speech.

...said the probably banned former user who couldn't post his opinion here anymore without David allowing all voices and opinions to be heard in the name of free speech.

haha yea now i get why they are saying rik from the young ones. good call :D

This person was looking for truth.

Those rushing on here to now "appear" as though you care...

You don't.

(said with love)

You care about the "appearance" of caring--- both to others and the self.

Morrissey's message(and music) is about this very thing.
Don't expect for him to be obvious.

It's all a game. Existence is only a game. Some are better at playing than others. Unfortunately, most of those that play well are the ones that should be muffled. For they offer nothing but falsicity and self-grandeur in a very repressed world facing tidal waves of forseeable negative change that apparently no one wants to discuss. Life, and loss of life, is serious. Society's norm is for us to be led, jumping through hoops being held by others, and meeting standards that do not define us as individuals in any sense. Along the way, some of us (choose a descriptive label here, please) lose bits and pieces of our uniqueness, until one day, we are broken. Bless those who refuse to follow the mundane script and choose a different route either at the beginning or somewhere along the way. For better or worse, they have acted independently, and through that alone, have achieved more than most. xxx

One of the most tedious and embarrassing things to read on here (aside from the continually spiteful attacks on Morrissey) are the confident assertions and assumptions made about the identity or motives of anonymous posters. While this site has no formal requirement for posters to register and while people routinely use proxies and/or Tor, such attributions as Skylarker attempts to make represent nothing more authoritative than rudimentary guesswork; guesswork that is, of course, as categorically wrong in this instance as it is in many others.

To quote the twat himself, “If that's the best you can do, I'm quitting this thread”...

PS. Whoever it was that compared Skylarker to Rick from THE YOUNG ONES, I applaud you! That's so perfect!

One of the most tedious and embarrassing things to read on here (aside from the continually spiteful attacks on Morrissey) are the confident assertions and assumptions made about the identity or motives of anonymous posters. While this site has no formal requirement for posters to register and while people routinely use proxies and/or Tor, such attributions as Skylarker attempts to make represent nothing more authoritative than rudimentary guesswork; guesswork that is, of course, as categorically wrong in this instance as it is in many others.

To quote the twat himself, “If that's the best you can do, I'm quitting this thread”...

PS. Whoever it was that compared Skylarker to Rick from THE YOUNG ONES, I applaud you! That's so perfect!

I don't claim to know or even care that much who anonymous posters are, although sometimes it's obvious. It's basic logic, though, to assume that if you care enough to have your voice heard on a site, and express your opinions and engage in the forums, you'd register a username on that site. That's basic protocol. And if I had to bet then I'd bet yes, a lot or even all of these anonymous posts are from banned members who just can't let go...because they're losers.

But you shouldn't call me a twat. That's mean, and you shouldn't be allowed to say mean things. I'm telling David on you.

The difference is that 100 or more people can be posting under the name anonymous. Whereas, only one person posts under a registered user name. Many voices (crowd) VS one voice (individual). With one voice, you have a single identity... a personality that you get to know. This is what discussion forums are all about. This isn't some top secret forum or one with sensitive issues like politics, national interests, corporate spies etc. It is about a musical artist. How benign can you get? It is comparable to posting anonymously on a cooking site.

Re:

Thought Tibbys post was a nice caring, commpasinate and understanding post, thanks 4 that! :)

Suicide types put the responsibility on the shoulders of others. "I'll accept the responsibility for my life if SOMEONE ELSE does something for me." Sorry but that's bullshit.
Ultimatley the taking of ones life is the responsibility of the person themself, the best healer is the one themself as only they know who they are.
However the suicidal persons reasons 4 taking such drastic steps IS DEPENDANT on and IS the resposibility of others!
If someone is being persistantly bullied ect, then the bully has, in effect, contributed "made" the person feel so depressed and worthless ect that they start 2 belive it and feel they are so worthless that they want 2 end there life and commit suicide.
The bully themself is in need of help!

Therefore many if not all suicides IS the reason and responsibility of others!
We are all one with each other, we are never seperated and In-dependant, all actions of one affect another !
Life is all about sharing with other people and is ultimatly how we react ect.

And an emotinally broken heart, servere emotinal stress ect, can manifest itself in a physical broken heart and can lead 2 physical heart problems, the body and mind are one!
The heart chakra is the center of love and emotion!
But again with help/support ect and human love and connectivitey and divine intervention if needed and asked 4 and accepted, all can be healed! :)

Some people find life and all its trials and tribulations ect very difficult 2 cope with, and have been thru some very difficult nitmare times ect all because of how others have treated them, so again there suicidal thoughts are the result of life expereinces of other people and so IS the resonsibility of others!
But thank goodness there are lovery kind people amongst us who with help/support ect can prevent them from ending there life and actually help them heal there pain and suffering!
Depression and suicidal thoughts ect is an error in ones way, but its not there fault! they cant help it, there not very well!
Depression is an Illness of the mind, just as vaild as any other Illness such as the common cold or a broken arm ect.
Depression is almost allways anger turned inwards on one self, and this anger needs directed harmlessly away and this is were taking with others can help and art therapy comes into its own, its an Incredible healling tool ! :)

Are you sugesting that people who are suicidal and severly depressed ect, should not be treated and helped ect and just be left 2 there own devices to get better themselves?
Are you saying if someones dear children, who they absolutly love, but have been shot dead and murdered like often happens in amarica, and are you also saying that if someone is sexually abused and raped as a child, that they should not recieve any counsilling and talk and art healing therapy ?

Coz that seems 2 be what your saying, which is not very helpfull !
In fact its nonsence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! turning a blind eye 2 others needs is ridiculoes and in direct opposition 2 nature!

Those who are depressed ect, are so because of negative experiences with other people, so yea, it IS someones elses job to "pull them from the edge" as these people put them in there darkness in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Many of us refuse 2 turn our backs 2 other peoples suffering and needs ect and will allways offer help and understanding ect..... which is often all they need 2 trigger the healing process! :)

If Morrissey could see how you are raping your native language, he would be disgusted!

Morrissey is his himself, only he knows if he thinks im a "fruit cake" and is disgusted by me! no one else !

This is just sheer idiocy. Leaving aside the spelling and grammatical mistakes, the errors of THOUGHT are astonishing. And the ignorant presumption ...

You might as well say The sky is green, the grass is blue - these claims bear no relation to reality.
Anyone remotely educated won't have a clue what any of its words and sentences mean? Well, clearly YOU are not even remotely educated, and so cannot speak on behalf of those who are.

I can interperate, define and spell words as i want, anyone can.
I dont conform 2 society and police and the governments with all there sickening crimes and crazy laws and rules, which allow are murdering innocent people in wars, who endorse the torcher of inoccent animals via blood sports ect and keep the rich rich and the poor poor!
I refuse to obey and stand in line!
The oxford english dictionary words, which is written by these said people, is therefore effectively meaningless on their terms, definitions and concepts!!!!

Last edited:
Re:

Thought Tibbys post was a nice caring, commpasinate and understanding post, thanks 4 that! :)

Ultimatley the taking of ones life is the responsibility of the person themself, the best healer is the one themself as only they know who they are.
However the suicidal persons reasons 4 taking such drastic steps IS DEPENDANT on and IS the resposibility of others!
If someone is being persistantly bullied ect, then the bully has, in effect, contributed "made" the person feel so depressed and worthless ect that they start 2 belive it and feel they are so worthless that they want 2 end there life and commit suicide.

We are all one with each other, we are never seperated and In-dependant, all actions of one affect another !

And an emotinally broken heart, servere emotinal stress ect, can manifest itself in a physical broken heart and can lead 2 physical heart problems, the body and mind are one!
But again with help/support ect and human love and connectivitey and divine intervention if needed and asked 4 and accepted, all can be healed! :)

Some people find life and all its trials and tribulations ect very difficult 2 cope with, and have been thru some very difficult nitmare times ect all because of how others have treated them, so again there suicidal thoughts are the result of life expereinces of other people and so IS the resonsibility of others!
But thank goodness there are lovery kind people amongst us who with help/support ect can prevent them from ending there life and actually help them heal there pain and suffering!
Depression and suicidal thoughts ect is an error in ones way, but its not there fault! they cant help it, there not very well!
Depression is an Illness of the mind, just as vaild as any other Illness such as the common cold or a broken arm ect.
Depression is almost allways anger turned inwards on one self, and this anger needs directed harmlessly away and this is were taking with others can help
and art therapy comes into its own, its an Incredible healling tool ! :)

Are you sugesting that people who are suicidal and severly depressed ect, should not be treated and helped ect and just be left 2 there own devices to get better themselves?
Are you saying if someones dear children, who they absolutly love, but have been shot dead and murdered like often happens in amarica, and are you also saying that if someone is sexually abused and raped as a child, that they should
should not recieve any counsilling and talk and art healing therapy ?

In fact its nonsence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! turning a blind eye 2 others needs is ridiculoes and in direct opposition 2 nature!

Those who are depressed ect, are so because of negative experiences with other people, so yea, it IS someones elses job to "pull them from the edge" as these people put them in there darkness in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Many of us refuse 2 turn our backs 2 other peoples suffering and needs ect and will allways offer help and understanding ect..... which is often all they need 2 trigger the healing process! :)

Morrissey is his himself, only he knows if he thinks im a "fruit cake" and is disgusted by me! no one else !

I dont conform 2 society and police and the governments with all there sickening crimes and crazy laws and rules, which allow are murdering innocent people in wars, who endorse the torcher of inoccent animals via blood sports ect and keep the rich rich and the poor poor!
The oxford english dictionary words, which is written by these said people, is therefore effectively meaningless on their terms, definitions and concepts!!!!

Good points!

Re:

I'll bet you pay taxes, though. What a sell-out.

Re:

Thanks RealityBites ! :)

I'll bet you pay taxes, though. What a sell-out.

No I dont pay taxes, I have in the past but not anymore!
I refuse 2 pay taxes 2 a goverment who abuse and waste our tax money and 2 MPs who "steal it" via claiming "exspenses" for non existant items and 4 Items they dont need ect.
They can take me 2 court if they want for non payment and aviodance, and i will counter sue for there Incompetance, negligence and theft! ! :(

Im happy 2 pay "taxes" 2 those who need it, but not 2 the government!!!

Re:

I refuse 2 pay taxes 2 a goverment who abuse and waste our tax money and 2 MPs who "steal it" via claiming "exspenses" for non existant items and 4 Items they dont need ect.
They can take me 2 court if they want for non payment and aviodance, and i will counter sue for there Incompetance, negligence and theft! ! :(

Ah so you're an immoral and indecent freeloader with no sense of responsibility to fellow citizens.

What were you saying about all actions effect and affect one another?

I guess that means you're a hypocrite as well.

Re:

Good luck refusing sex while in prison for tax evasion.

Re:

Depression is almost allways anger turned inwards on one self, and this anger needs directed harmlessly away and this is were taking with others can help and art therapy comes into its own, its an Incredible healling tool ! :)

Are you saying if someones dear children, who they absolutly love, but have been shot dead and murdered like often happens in amarica, and are you also saying that if someone is sexually abused and raped as a child, that they should not recieve any counsilling and talk and art healing therapy ?

Thank you MIDNITE.

I really thought your post made excellent points.

so next time we are at a gig, please come and say all this to our faces instead of hiding behind keyboards like cowards!

Farewell

she cannot. the person behind this plays "the keyboard like a gun" and gets all of her little arsekissing hanger-on fb friends to help her. she has ruined everything. stop to think long and hard about who this is. you have seen her at every gig. you know her. enough clues?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom