Margaret Thatcher dies at 87

Margaret Thatcher dead

Subject of the Viva Hate song " Margaret on the Guillotine" has died today
British Prime Minister from 1979 until 1990 (?)
Morrissey also infamously wished her demise in the Brighton bombing of 1984
Wonder if we'll get comment on True to You?

ding dong the witch is dead!

At last!
How we have longed for the day. that hideous thatcher finally dies.
far too late for most of us of course, everything that is wrong with this country can be traced back to that evil cow. How many lives did she ruin??
of course we'll have to put up with the inevitable sickening splurge of tory bile for a few weeks but most will remember what she really was.
Surely all Moz fans can unite for once, street party anyone??

she will be no miss ,she stopped the football terrace which has killed our game, only tears i will shed is tears of joy.
forza laziooooooooooooooooo
forza di canio

Well, if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have all those wonderful songs, would we? at least she was useful for something.

Glad you guys are all so happy. :D

The right didn't create Thatcher, the left did, as sure as the incompetence of the Carter administration led to Reagan.

I grew up during the Thatcher era. She was the unpleasant medication this country sadly required after the disaster of Labour and being in thrall to the unions in the seventies.

The right didn't create Thatcher, the left did, as sure as the incompetence of the Carter administration led to Reagan.

I grew up during the Thatcher era. She was the unpleasant medication this country sadly required after the disaster of Labour and being in thrall to the unions in the seventies.

That's right - It's the fault of the left again... Presumably you're a big Cameron fan as well? Actually, what are you doing here?

Did that medication include the creation of a permanent underclass?

Some people made a lot of money off the back of her policies but as always in capitalism, one person's victory is another's defeat.

She believed that if the people at the top made a lot of money it would filter down, unfortunately she didn't account for the people at the top being a bunch of greedy bastards.

Thatcherism f***ed a massive proportion of the country and it's still suffering to this day. Thankfully those people can now be blamed for all of society's ills though, the lazy workshy bastards that they are. Oh, those and immigrants.

Well, if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have all those wonderful songs, would we? at least she was useful for something.

I often think this when I hear those marvellous Irish and Scots folk songs about the English. Well worth the centuries of bloodshed and turmoil to hear The Fields of Athenry, for example. They do love to moan about the English, even though that thieving bastard admitted he stole Trevalyn's corn.

Did that medication include the creation of a permanent underclass?

Some people made a lot of money off the back of her policies but as always in capitalism, one person's victory is another's defeat.

She believed that if the people at the top made a lot of money it would filter down, unfortunately she didn't account for the people at the top being a bunch of greedy bastards.

Thatcherism f***ed a massive proportion of the country and it's still suffering to this day. Thankfully those people can now be blamed for all of society's ills though, the lazy workshy bastards that they are. Oh, those and immigrants.

The underclass has always existed. You just see them more now because they have an hour long advert on ITV every morning called The Jeremy Kyle Show, and a new poster boy by the name of Mick Philpott.

She wasn't a despot, she won three elections. Her policies were sanctioned by the electorate, and when she went too far with the Poll Tax, it led to her end.

Thatcher wasn't as great as is being made out in some quarters, but nor was she as bad as her opponents like to pretend. She was certainly a better leader of the country than Scargill would have been had he ever had the courage to stand for parliament, but that might just be me. I tend to prefer democratically elected politicians over communist ideologues. I'm funny that way.

In related news:

Betty Dwyer is still alive.
Margaret Dale is still dead.

The underclass has always existed. You just see them more now because they have an hour long advert on ITV every morning called The Jeremy Kyle Show, and a new poster boy by the name of Mick Philpott.

She wasn't a despot, she won three elections. Her policies were sanctioned by the electorate, and when she went too far with the Poll Tax, it led to her end.

Thatcher wasn't as great as is being made out in some quarters, but nor was she as bad as her opponents like to pretend. She was certainly a better leader of the country than Scargill would have been had he ever had the courage to stand for parliament, but that might just be me. I tend to prefer democratically elected politicians over communist ideologues. I'm funny that way.

You talk as though it's a choice between nob heads on the left or the right wing. Scargill for example was an utter idiot, I don't see how beating an idiot makes Thatcher anything other than somebody who beat an idiot.

I grew up under Thatcher too, obviously in a poorer area, I remember mass unemployment that has never gone away masked by the introduction of a variety of benefits that reduced that number. Her legacy is the widening of the gap between the poor and rich, the cementing of mass unemployment, the destruction of British industry, the selling off of our national assets under the lie that it would bring the man on the street savings while improving efficiencey - the opposite being true, boom and bust and the benefits culture. Still, a couple of million did well under her. What a load of shit.

FAO nothappynotsad, Uncleskinny only expressed his opinion.

If you think it's an insult, I advise you to speak to your doctor.

Viva Hate is a childish moron to bring up people who do not associate with Margaret Thatcher.

If you think it's an insult, I advise you to speak to your doctor.

It is my opinion that your Mother should have been the one to visit a doctor early in the term...

Is that an insult or just my opinion?

Man, you guys are pitiful tools ... Think what you want about Thatcher, but you don't celebrate a death of a person who isn't Hitler or something. But in your pathetic eyes, as Morrissey told you how to think about her, Thatcher probably was.

Ecstatic. Only shame is that it took too long and it wasn't painful.

Strokes are like being run over slowly by a truck from the inside.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom