Me, Morrissey & Manchester by Billy Duffy

Me, Morrissey & Manchester… - Billy Duffy

As a teenager growing up in Manchester in the 1970s Billy befriended Steven Morrissey, drawn together by a mutual love of underground New York Music. They played in a band together briefly before both going on to extremely successful careers in music.

Now that period of Morrissey’s life has been bought to the big screen as ‘England is Mine’ and we catch up with Billy and the actor Adam Lawrence who played him in the film for an exclusive interview for
www.billyduffy.com

Words & Photos by Mick Peek

40438_BD-AL-Landscape-bw-768px.jpg

Also posted by I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great interview and certainly counters Morrissey's ridiculous claim to have ''never been in the Nosebleeds''.

Billy is also a top Manchester City fan, along with Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce.....

Jukebox ''Come On City'' Jury :thumb:

I thought he claimed to never have been in Slaughter And The Dogs?
For obvious reasons?
Confused now.

Me too. Seems like Billy has always had kind things to say about Morrissey, whereas IMHO Morrissey wants to downplay the relationship.

Morrissey never sad anything bad about Billy. In his Autobiography he even says that he was happy for Billy when he got something happen for him even though this meant that Moz was left behind.

Yeah, I'm still hoping that M and Billy will reform the Nosebleeds, I think it's time.

Great interview and certainly counters Morrissey's ridiculous claim to have ''never been in the Nosebleeds''.

Billy is also a top Manchester City fan, along with Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce.....

Jukebox ''Come On City'' Jury :thumb:

You forgot about Curly Watts!

LOL

Great win over Real Madrid and City must be favourites to win the league and more. Did Jay Tando turn up for the City game in LA?

Morressey!

If you truly wanna insult the man spell his surname wrong. It used to be one S a lot and he always slaughtered fans and people that spelled his name wrong. I saw it myself at one of the Karlstad gigs in Sweden in 2006 when someone in front of me held up a sign saying "Morrisey".

He was so mad onstage and people started laughing when he tore into the one who could not spell.

Morrissey used to smoke?
Never knew.

Still does. Only last Christmas he was photographed by his numpty Nephew Shammy looking like a dirty old man smoking a cigar in a gents public lavatory.

Happy to help:tiphat:

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom