Merry Christmas

Chartres

Merry Christmas mates, even you who celebrate the 25th have the chance now.

Cheers:)

Strange, so Jesus was born a day earlier in Sweden? ;)

merry christmas sweden.... wait a min i get a drink:)

Jesus was born in April, died in April and rose in April, not december!

Happy Christmas!

:)

Bollocks! Why do we celebrate the birth of Jesus in December then? Did it take them so long to get to Nazareth and get him registered?

Maybe I need to watch that new movie about his birth...

poster.jpg

Bollocks! Why do we celebrate the birth of Jesus in December then? Did it take them so long to get to Nazareth and get him registered?

Maybe I need to watch that new movie about his birth...

poster.jpg

I do not envy his mother:(

Hey, I just read it from a source. We don't know if he existed and when he was born, so hush yer gums! :p

froehe weihnachten kinder ;)

tempted to rly please my mumsy and go to midnight mass with her, justfor drunken singsong value

then i think that i haven't been in a church since i made the beast with two backs in one two years ago

cnt believe saud that like 5x alreasdy tonight, not an everyday saying!?

I have no such opinion on that! If people choose to that is their decision, I respect it.

If there is no evidence to suggest Jesus even existed (let alone said any of those things in the bible) then why would you respect someone's belief in him?

Would you respect someone for believing the tooth fairy or Othello the Moor was the only path to salvation?

Religion is a name we give our ignorance. I can't respect ignorance.

If there is no evidence to suggest Jesus even existed (let alone said any of those things in the bible) then why would you respect someone's belief in him?

Would you respect someone for believing the tooth fairy or Othello the Moor was the only path to salvation?

Religion is a name we give our ignorance. I can't respect ignorance.

He definitely existed. It is foolishness to question the fact that the person Jesus actually existed. There is actually significant evidence of the events described in the Gospels, but no serious historian, archaeologist, or scholar goes so far as to say there is "no evidence" that he "even existed".

And yes, Jesus was not born in December. It does seem like April is the most sensical option. The Catholics chose the 25th to attract Pagan converts to make it seem like their religion wasn't too different from that of the Pagans (which was a very bad idea) because they celebrated some sun-worshipping holiday on that date, and some people tacked on that it was a positive thing about Jesus because he is sometimes symbolically compared to the sun.

Last edited:
^^And, rioght, imagine what all these Christians would do if The Son Of God came back to earth..?

= lock 'im up!

This gimme jokes. And then I remember that Christian nutjobs control the world's richest countru (and the jokes cease)

^^And, rioght, imagine what all these Christians would do if The Son Of God came back to earth..?

= lock 'im up!

This gimme jokes. And then I remember that Christian nutjobs control the world's richest countru (and the jokes cease)

First of all, exactly what makes make you believe Christians would lock up Jesus if he came back to earth in a non-Second Coming way. As for the "nutjob" part, well, I'm not gonna get into that, but Christians of the "nutjob" category (I.E., right-leaning, fundamentalist in their beliefs) do not control much of anything. You are obviously referring to the US foremost among the others (I can hardly imagine any European country being run by "Christian nutjobs"), but there is pretty apparent discrimination against Christians that you classify as "nutjobs". If Christians ran western countries, would nativity scenes being banned from government property? Would Christian prayer be effectively banned anywhere public? Would schoolgirls be given detention for having bookmarks with Bible verses on them?

Haha are you kidding, I',sat with a nurse and she is pretty certain that insisting you're jesus christ would get you sectioned

Haha are you kidding, I',sat with a nurse and she is pretty certain that insisting you're jesus christ would get you sectioned

So basically what your saying is, if today you claim to be a historical figure who lived centuries ago, you will get put in a mental asylum. Okay, but that's not really a point, just a joke.

Back
Top Bottom