Message from Morrissey re:Johnny vs. Dave Cameron

On the menu i saw on line it wasn't listed as an veggie option. None are so its me offering that option....Also you can tell the waiter to leave out the parmesan cheese. Restaurants have a menu and you read it & they have waiters who you can ask questions.

It be alright for a Lacto-ovo vegetarian.:thumb:

If you hate Jamie Oliver so much, why did you go to his restaurant? Oh right...yeah, Morrissey didn't put this on True-to-you before you went. So now you have to sooooo sycophantic about what Steven says. :rolleyes:

Do you own any of Stella McCartney's shoes now?

I didn't go, I went the egg cafe. Thats were I always go.
we were nosying outside ALL restaurants menus and I knew it would be an awful menu. Is that ok, with you!?
If I work in a high school, how can I afford Stella? There are shops which sell non leather.
no wonder I like the other forum, it's because of nasty people like you.

Last edited:
Problem is, most of the cheeses in continental Europe are made with animal rennet.

It's true - many cheeses are produced with animal rennet, but there are a few that are made with plant or microbial rennet instead.

That's the reason I went vegan - I couldn't stand the rennet, and the fact that American dairy products are allowed to have more puss in them than their European counterparts. I wasn't strong enough, however, to resist the pull of cheese indefinitely; I fell back into the habit. Curse those fermented dairy products, their pull is strong.

Must be tough ordering in a pizzeria for Morrissey: "I'll have the quattro formaggi, but, without any cheese please: I'm a strict Vegetarian, you see."

:straightface:

Perhaps the gentleman would prefer a salad.

As an animal lover ( saying that I adore cats is saying nothing) , I simply love the way our Moz has spoken up about issues related to animals and ,sadly, their killings for no reasons. For those who go out hunting I would love to see how they would be feeling being shot dead or even skinned alive. Only once they have tried that, they can understand what an animal goes through :mad::mad::mad:
Cheers Moz, as always

And there is Big Mouth using his twit and none of his own wit to ramble about his own pet obsession, vegetarianism.

I assume Morrissey has concerncs on his proverbial plate larger than animal welfare. It's just his "platform" that the people have come to expect from him. Think of his cause for animal rights as a greater metaphor. In the end he sounds like a horse with blinders on that only sees animal issues, but he's doing something and the crayons he's picked to draw his picture and voice his stance are the color of cow and stag and fox. What Morrissey can't write about is his bigger picture because to do so would confuse most people. He's not a twit.

Morrissey will never achieve anything in his lifetime (except fame/ wealth; no, something good for the world I mean). All he'll ever do is sit on his arse and criticize, like a big useless veggie jelly baby. Which in turn will get people to criticize him, which is what I'm doing now. He can't inspire change: It's so obvious now. Why even pretend he's any use for animals? Honestly, why bother dissing the Queen? Think that's gonna upset her?

Oh really? You know, sometimes the catalyst for change comes from the strangest places. Morrissey knows this. He may not have tipped the first domino with this statement, but he sure as hell assisted in setting up the labrynth that will eventually be knocked down with synchronised precision.

The one good thing about it is that it brought EP back! :thumb:

On this I agree. ANd I agree with THe Reader about Jamie Oliver, there are bigger bullies that need pummeling.

Perhaps the gentleman would prefer a salad.

Real men eat salad

"I'll have the ruchetta on its bed of Eruca sativa, please. Without the parmesan. Oh, and, a croûton for dessert."

:tears:

Ah, so that's the secret to his perfect figure

Hmm, I know you like him CG but, picking crayons? I don't think he's that advanced yet.:)

The man's been coloring art for 17,000 years. He knows how to use a crayon. :straightface:

220px-Lascaux2.jpg

The man's been coloring art for 17,000 years. He knows how to use a crayon. :straightface:

If he's so good at rock art, why doesn't he design his album sleeves himself? He could draw pretty pictures of piglets and then use his pink crayon... :)

incidentally I'm watching " MEDIUM" episode 21 Season 6 and it's about a pig farm and an animal rights activist. I'll tell you if I spot "the man" in it. :thumb:

Agree 100%. There's also the fact that Steven probably used Johnny in a way. Mr Marr probably had more on his mind than stags when he twitted about Cameron. Broader concerns, a larger political view perhaps? (One can hope...) And there is Big Mouth using his twit and none of his own wit to ramble about his own pet obsession, vegetarianism. It makes Johnny look like an illiterate idiot who needs an educated adult to speak for him. Would you do that to a mate? :rolleyes: (But then, are they even mates...)

Let's not even mention the dull provocation that permeates the whole thing. He probably thinks the whole country will read his prose and will be up in arms to ban hunting, get a female Prime Minister AND destroy the meat industry to protect us from climate change as a reaction to his own little views. :lbf: Should have been a politician, really.

I'd say, because that's the easiest option for a dullard? But I don't want to sound like him.:lbf:
Morrissey will never achieve anything in his lifetime (except fame/ wealth; no, something good for the world I mean). All he'll ever do is sit on his arse and criticize, like a big useless veggie jelly baby. Which in turn will get people to criticize him, which is what I'm doing now. He can't inspire change: It's so obvious now. Why even pretend he's any use for animals? Honestly, why bother dissing the Queen? Think that's gonna upset her?

This statement is jelly itself. It tries to look reasonable but, upon closer examination, contains about as much intelligence as a beheaded turkey. And to think he's had months of rest! :eek:
Wow what an in depth analysis :crazy:-and now you need to go back to posting dogs pics...

Who's Jamie Horrible meant to be? I'm probably being extremely thick, but I can't figure it out.

Edit: Just realised...Mr Oliver.

Jamie Oliver?? Surely Gordon Ramsey is far worse, he slaughters his pigs before eating them...they even showed it on one of his programs as well, talk about sick.

Maybe Morrissey doesn't know about that.

Jamie Oliver?? Surely Gordon Ramsey is far worse, he slaughters his pigs before eating them...they even showed it on one of his programs as well, talk about sick.

Maybe Morrissey doesn't know about that.

Actually, Gordon Ramsey's a douchebag for a thousand other reasons than that but if you want to get technical about meat eating, if you're going to consume an animal you should be the one to kill it. Killing a pig then eating it isn't sick. Having someone else kill your pig then seperating yourself from it's sacrifice is sick. I realize this viewpoint isn't popular and I am a vegetarian and I seriously doubt Gordon Ramsey gave any allegiance or thanks to the pig for his sacrifice, but that act in itself isn't technically "sick." Killing a stag on a hunt and not eating it is sick. Killing a fox for sport is sick. Killing and wasting sacrifice is sick. That's my personal beef with royalty and hunting and poaching. Unfair advantage to the hunter and wasteful consumption. A human can be one of nature and take down a deer if he intends to eat the entire thing, the ENTIRE thing. And use it's pelt. THis is of course rare. We've evolved as a people to a stage where we don't need to do this anymore.

I didn't see the episode you mention. I could imagine it being testosterone-filled machismo which lacks empathy and solace for the dying pig, which is sick.

[/endrant]

Wow what an in depth analysis :crazy:-and now you need to go back to posting dogs pics...

Ah, our fiery Joan; The embodiment of charm. Always a kind word for everyone. Finds it no trouble at all to step off the stake for a minute to type a few compliments and extend the arm of friendship to a stranger.

As the more mature pigs amongst us will have no doubt noted by now.:lbf:

I'd love to pay more attention to you Joan but really there are thousands out there: your time is up. That and the fact I also think you should really put out the fire in your hair.

Funny, CG? Well your time's up as well. Share the meds with Joan if you have something to calm her down. Good luck girlies! :thumb: :flowers:

Last edited:
Ah, our fiery Joan; The embodiment of charm. Always a kind word for everyone. Finds it no trouble at all to step off the stake for a minute to type a few compliments and extend the arm of friendship to a stranger.

As the more mature pigs amongst us will have no doubt noted by now.:lbf:

I'd love to pay more attention to you Joan but really there are thousands out there: your time is up. That and the fact I also think you should really put out the fire in your hair.

Funny, CG? Well your time's up as well. Share the meds with Joan if you have something to calm her down. Good luck girlies! :thumb: :flowers:

Oh come on, her comment telling you to go back to posting dog pics was funny. Admit it! :p

Oh come on, her comment telling you to go back to posting dog pics was funny. Admit it! :p

Well I happen to think she's one of the most unpleasant bitches on this forum, so hardly :rolleyes:.
You know what they say CG? You can laugh about everything, but not with everybody.

Well I'll let Morrissey and you giggle away with super amusing Joan then.;) Toodlepips!

Parmesan cheese has NEVER been vegetarian and what king of THICK chef would think overwise?

I have purchased vegetarian parmesan cheese in Sainsbury's. I think it may be discontinued now though. :(

(Not that I think he uses that brand anyway.)

Well I happen to think she's one of the most unpleasant bitches on this forum, so hardly :rolleyes:.
You know what they say CG? You can laugh about everything, but not with everybody.

Well I'll let Morrissey and you giggle away with super amusing Joan then.;) Toodlepips!

Morrissey doesn't give a shit what I giggle about Barking. Don't cross me off your list, I was just having a laugh at your expense! :D Come back!

Or maybe he didn't think he'd be able to control his temper or say anything except 'David - you are a complete and utter twat and I abhor everything you stand for'.

It was just after the non-interview in the Guardian, so maybe he'd just had enough to go through the same thing again on TV.

I'm sure no matter what he'd said, the lazy-bastard journalists in this country would have done the same reaction piece they always do. They all just seem to be 'variations on a theme':

Mention the break up of The Smiths
Mention the court case - 'devious, truculent and unreliable'
Mention that Morrissey is now mega-rich
List all his 'controversial' quotes from over the years
Project your own vision of Morrissey on to him (based on what he was like 20 years ago usually)

without bothering to analyse and report on the actual event/interview.

Plus, if it was me, I wouldn't want a politician I hated getting extra publicity off my back - even if it did give me the opportunity to vent my frustrations on the telly.

'Variations on a Theme' would make a good song title I think.

Random post over :squiffy:

Edit: Actually, I might as well add that I wish that S McCartney would do a range of animal friendly shoes for people who earn normal wages.

Another Edit: Come to think of it, I think that Thatcher has had a massively negative impact on the likelihood of another woman ever becoming PM. Just my opinion...

POST OF THE THREAD. :thumb:

Nice to see the mean girl faction is alive and well on Morrissey-solo.

Just in time. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the Frink Thread Fight Club thread. :p It must be something about Winter killing Fall that makes girls feisty.

Tags
animals <3 brilliant cheese fun stuff
Back
Top Bottom