Message from Morrissey re:Johnny vs. Dave Cameron

Ah, our fiery Joan; The embodiment of charm. Always a kind word for everyone. Finds it no trouble at all to step off the stake for a minute to type a few compliments and extend the arm of friendship to a stranger.

As the more mature pigs amongst us will have no doubt noted by now.:lbf:

I'd love to pay more attention to you Joan but really there are thousands out there: your time is up. That and the fact I also think you should really put out the fire in your hair.
Lol:lbf: what a drama.Calm down.

Just in time. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the Frink Thread Fight Club thread. :p It must be something about Winter killing Fall that makes girls feisty.

I had completely missed that thread until now.

Just read it. Wish I hadn't :eek:

Last edited:
I didn't go, I went the egg cafe. Thats were I always go.
we were nosying outside ALL restaurants menus and I knew it would be an awful menu. Is that ok, with you!?
If I work in a high school, how can I afford Stella? There are shops which sell non leather.
no wonder I like the other forum, it's because of nasty people like you.

So how can you comment on a menu and a restaurant which you've never been in or eaten any of the food served. Are you planning on a career as a food critic?

'Egg Cafe' that doesn't sound very vegetarian. Poor little chickens.

I would get another job or save up and get some Stella Mccartney shoes. Morrissey would love it so. You could wear them while sneering at the television as Jamie cooks one of his 30 minute meals or buy one his books and stamp on it.

Actually, Gordon Ramsey's a douchebag for a thousand other reasons than that but if you want to get technical about meat eating, if you're going to consume an animal you should be the one to kill it. Killing a pig then eating it isn't sick. Having someone else kill your pig then seperating yourself from it's sacrifice is sick. I realize this viewpoint isn't popular and I am a vegetarian and I seriously doubt Gordon Ramsey gave any allegiance or thanks to the pig for his sacrifice, but that act in itself isn't technically "sick." Killing a stag on a hunt and not eating it is sick. Killing a fox for sport is sick. Killing and wasting sacrifice is sick. That's my personal beef with royalty and hunting and poaching. Unfair advantage to the hunter and wasteful consumption. A human can be one of nature and take down a deer if he intends to eat the entire thing, the ENTIRE thing. And use it's pelt. THis is of course rare. We've evolved as a people to a stage where we don't need to do this anymore.

I didn't see the episode you mention. I could imagine it being testosterone-filled machismo which lacks empathy and solace for the dying pig, which is sick.

[/endrant]

He didn't kill the pigs himself, he got his minions to do it for him. I
see your point though and agree the meat eaters should be able to kill the animal they're eating and if they can't and they still eat it then it makes no sense how they can be okay with eating it but refuse to kill it.

I just think it wasn't in very good taste to show the slaughtering of an animal on a cooking show and Gordon Ramsey doesn't do it to put people off eating it he's glorifying it.

At least Jamie Oliver accepts vegetarianism and supports the whole free range idea which I know isn't much but is something. Gordon once said that if one of his children turned round and told him they were vegetarian he would sit them on an electric fence and electrocute them.

So how can you comment on a menu and a restaurant which you've never been in or eaten any of the food served. Are you planning on a career as a food critic?

'Egg Cafe' that doesn't sound very vegetarian. Poor little chickens.

I would get another job or save up and get some Stella Mccartney shoes. Morrissey would love it so. You could wear them while sneering at the television as Jamie cooks one of his 30 minute meals or buy one his books and stamp on it.

Menus are placed outside restaurants or on the window so you can see them and not have to enter!:crazy:
http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=792

There are many non leather shoes, there's no need to spend alot.

Menus are placed outside restaurants or on the window so you can see them and not have to enter!:crazy:
http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=792

Really???? I've never of know if you've hadn't pointed that out.

But you can't really be critical of someone's eateries unless you've eaten their food. By looking at the menu (on-line) you could of had a pleasant meal.
To show your support for Morrissey you could of worn a Smiths t shirt and done a runner.

There are many non leather shoes, there's no need to spend alot.

Better tell Steven that then; he does feel the need to advertise Stella on a fan's website.

Jesus. I wish I hadn't read Morrissey's letter. He sounds like a petulant twat. I don't object to his stances against hunting and meat; I just object to the childish way in which he discusses them.

:lbf: You won't be the first or the last to think that

The great Alan Bennett, just the other week said he would like to be a blogger.
I have always thought Morrissey would be a great blogger (although the word itself is horrid).
It seems in all but name he has indeed become one. His emails to True are always amusing (at least to my mind). In this most recent word explosion Morrissey, has at last said what some of us have been saying since "call me Dave" Calamity started name dropping Morrissey and the Smiths.
Of course there are others who will and have criticised Morrissey for taking a stand ( I say it was long over due). The morrissey bitching is no surprise, not to me anyway. I also got involved in a number of "debates" with a few people on here regarding this very issue, my point was similar to that of Moz, thus no need to dig up old corpses.
I do think it's a shame Morrissey only mentioned the Animal rights issue's when there are a number of points he could have commented about. I also think it's a shame that moz only mentions Jamie when Gory Ramsey is a far more worthy target, at least Jamie has done some good in Briton with his School lunches campaign.
Further more, didn't Morrissey only start wearing veggie shoes in the last 10 years? Better late than never.
That said, I must admit I still do wear leather shoes, I plan to stop wearing them when good affordable replacements are available- stella only has a limited range and they really are quite expensive.

I just read some of the comments on The G website, some people are very dim. Though one of them did make a good point about moz being creative with the truth.

Last edited:
I thought this one was funny. :rofl:

"And if he likes animals so much, why is he strangling that cat?"

omg, I laughed out loud too loud when I read that, then saw the picture :eek:
I may have to leave the library now :o

as for Moz, yeah, he's a scatterbrain/one subject obsessed, kind of icon :crazy:
but he's ours, all ours, its great :thumb:

omg, I laughed out loud too loud when I read that, then saw the picture :eek:
I may have to leave the library now :o

as for Moz, yeah, he's a scatterbrain/one subject obsessed, kind of icon :crazy:
but he's ours, all ours, its great :thumb:

Oh my rod, it's Gobby,
as my nan, never said, with friends like these who needs enemas. Joking apart I know what you mean, I think Morrissey isn't "one subject obsessed" as you say and there in lays the frustration.

Because of Thatcher, women politicians are likely to be tarred with the same brush. It's not right that that happens - they're completely different people, with different policies etc etc - but that's discrimination isn't it.

Morrissey was just really stating a fact I think.

That's not a fact in any way shape or form. As with anything & everything that references Thatcher, people conveniently forget about the period of time elapsed following her political demise.

Harriet Harman, Hazel Blears, Yvette Cooper & Jaqcui Smith (to name but a few) are pathetic excuses for politicians. Further than that, Smith is an pathetic excuse for a woman. The most Thatcher-esque woman in Government since 'the evil one'

It is them & others like them that are preventing woman politicians from making headway & becoming likely candidates for leadership.
If the Labour Party members had had the balls to elect Diane Abbott as leader, they'd be more electable than they are now for sure.

That's not a fact in any way shape or form. As with anything & everything that references Thatcher, people conveniently forget about the period of time elapsed following her political demise.

Harriet Harman, Hazel Blears, Yvette Cooper & Jaqcui Smith (to name but a few) are pathetic excuses for politicians. Further than that, Smith is an pathetic excuse for a woman. The most Thatcher-esque woman in Government since 'the evil one'

It is them & others like them that are preventing woman politicians from making headway & becoming likely candidates for leadership.
If the Labour Party members had had the balls to elect Diane Abbott as leader, they'd be more electable than they are now for sure.

I agreed with what you were saying until Diane Abbott got a mention. She was only voted to make Labour seem more "with it". I think she is awful, all she seems to do is gloss over sending her kid to private school and go on about "the black kids of Hackney". She also seems like a child, I have seen here on that naff BBC show after Question TIme she seems close to dreadful

I agreed with what you were saying until Diane Abbott got a mention. She was only voted to make Labour seem more "with it". I think she is awful, all she seems to do is gloss over sending her kid to private school and go on about "the black kids of Hackney". She also seems like a child, I have seen here on that naff BBC show after Question TIme she seems close to dreadful

I'm going to make myself sound properly racist now. I only know two black female (British) politicians & I'd much rather vote Labour led by Diane Abbot than Labour led by Oona King.

I like that This Week programme. But as light background noise rather than political heavyweights in action.

I'm going to make myself sound properly racist now. I only know two black female (British) politicians & I'd much rather vote Labour led by Diane Abbot than Labour led by Oona King.

I like that This Week programme. But as light background noise rather than political heavyweights in action.

well, you made me have to go look them up :cool:
so first of all, I can tell you its Abbott not Abbot :o
& the UK should likely stop electing people older than say 50, so she's out :p
I mean, get with it, most of those people*'s mind sets are value programmed to an almost completely non existent idea of Britishness :eek:

*=by those people, I mean older than 50, not black people, duh!
ps: Oona looks good in some of her pics :thumb:

I have it on. I watch it as it's amusing who pops in the studio. Once michael Stipe was on it and last week they had Mean loaf. I think Michael portaloo comes over best on that show- though that not to say I agree with him (far from it). Diane is very dull and is all "i know something you don't", she is just to trite.
The nthere is the bully Andrew O, he makes me sick the way he bullies women, almost, every other week on there.

Tags
animals <3 brilliant cheese fun stuff
Back
Top Bottom