Mexico City (23rd Nov.) sold out & extra date added (22nd Nov.) - Moz Central (updated)

UPDATE July 12 12:15 PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

they amended the dates in Morrissey Central, correct post back there:

Morrissey’s show at Mexico City, November 23 (Friday) National Auditorium, has sold out. Due to overwhelming demand, a second night has been added on Thursday November 22. Tickets for November 22 will go on sale Wednesday July 18.

20180711_203310.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/mexico-city-sold-out

The first post since cancelling gigs has surfaced on Central - with an extra date to note.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (July 12): the post has since been removed from Central and subsequently amended.

Please note:
This information is presented as it was shown on Central.
It is, however, at odds with the preexisting tour information which has the initial date of the Mexico gig as the 23rd - so someone's cocked things up somewhere:

20180711_205848.jpg

Last edited:
Only 23rd for sale.... presumably 22nd added? (And not yet on sale)

Only 23rd for sale.... presumably 22nd added? (And not yet on sale)
Indeed.
It's very frustrating to see this level of misinformation on 'Official' sites.
Made worse by the fact that the post today on Central is above the tour dates image showing the correct date.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Croatia WIN and MEXICO SELL OUT?
COINCIDENCE? I DONT THINK SO>
:lbf:

I wish he was playing in London in a place like Troxy or London Palladium. We have to thank the press and the social media for their frenzy witch hunt. Thanks to them we might not see him playing in UK for a while or at least until a new album comes out.
No, no, no! I won't be getting rid of his records, I won't stop listening to his music, I won't stop buying his albums. But I will stop reading online or on paper all the miserable filth coming from the press. No more money spending in newspapers or magazines.
And I also don't give a shit about other people's opinion. I do agree with him in some views and I don't in others. Like I do with the people I know and the other ones who admire. It seems like if you don't share the opinion of others against Morrissey you are a 'fascist' too. I am not the first Morrissey fan to be insulted because of it. I won't waste time to even reply to those. Oh well! As Edith Sitwell would say...
edith.jpg

Underrated song, too, Mexico!

Yes, it’s great, and from a time when he still had songs to spare for b-sides.

I wish he was playing in London in a place like Troxy or London Palladium. We have to thank the press and the social media for their frenzy witch hunt. Thanks to them we might not see him playing in UK for a while or at least until a new album comes out.
No, no, no! I won't be getting rid of his records, I won't stop listening to his music, I won't stop buying his albums. But I will stop reading online or on paper all the miserable filth coming from the press. No more money spending in newspapers or magazines.
And I also don't give a shit about other people's opinion. I do agree with him in some views and I don't in others. Like I do with the people I know and the other ones who admire. It seems like if you don't share the opinion of others against Morrissey you are a 'fascist' too. I am not the first Morrissey fan to be insulted because of it. I won't waste time to even reply to those. Oh well! As Edith Sitwell would say...
View attachment 44977

When I was a kid my Mum had a Readers Digest book of “real” ghost photos, but the one in the book which scared me most was an actual photograph of Edith Sitwell taken when she was alive. She would have made a great Smiths cover star.

When I was a kid my Mum had a Readers Digest book of “real” ghost photos, but the one in the book which scared me most was an actual photograph of Edith Sitwell taken when she was alive. She would have made a great Smiths cover star.

Why, if you don't mind me asking, was she in a book of ghost photographs?

I would really like to go to these concerts but I don't like to travel abroad on my own I suffer with anxiety. I live in the UK.

I'm so pleased lots of the concerts have sold out. It wasn't because of poor ticket sales as to why the concerts in the UK and Europe were cancelled. I think it was to do with the threat of violence from an anti-fascist group and also the Dave Haslam event. Dave Haslam threatened to do other protest events in other places on the tour. It would be Morrrissey who would have to pay the bill for the extra police. If there was any damage done Morrissey would have to pay for that (foot the bill) as well. Dave Haslam just doesn't have the money. Dave Haslam knew exactly what he was doing and he achieved his goal.

I'm very sad to hear that they aren't playing Morrissey's new single on the radio in Britain? It is a good song this must be for PC reasons? (if it is true).

I don't think that Morrissey needs to tour the UK in order to be successful. Morrissey has fans all over the world with lots of fans in America and in Latin America.

I don't want all of this to put Morrissey off coming to the UK. I still love Morrissey. I'm from the UK and I will continue to support him! I know that there are others who feel the same as me. Initially, I was crying and feeling very worked up. I don't know why it affected me so badly. I agree with a lot of what Morrissey says. I like that Morrissey believes in freedom of speech. I like that Morrissey is clean living he is a vegan, doesn't drink or smoke or take drugs like Dave Haslam and his mates. I found it creepy that Dave Haslam was friends with Jimmy Savile.

Excellent News, Manchester & the UK hate Morrissey, I think not, just a few idiots looking for something to say or do. Mexico have voted with their feet, I wanna be there!!

Tickets for 23rd are still available on Ticketmaster. Impossible to tell how many, but I reckon Moz is going with a loose definition of "sold out".

Underrated song, too, Mexico!
It's a great underrated song that is generally credited to Boz but I read sometime ago on Gary Day's facebook he was very fond and proud of that song, meaning he wrote it.
I found lovely of Gaz acknowledging it.

I would really like to go to these concerts but I don't like to travel abroad on my own I suffer with anxiety. I live in the UK.

I'm so pleased lots of the concerts have sold out. It wasn't because of poor ticket sales as to why the concerts in the UK and Europe were cancelled. I think it was to do with the threat of violence from an anti-fascist group and also the Dave Haslam event. Dave Haslam threatened to do other protest events in other places on the tour. It would be Morrrissey who would have to pay the bill for the extra police. If there was any damage done Morrissey would have to pay for that (foot the bill) as well. Dave Haslam just doesn't have the money. Dave Haslam knew exactly what he was doing and he achieved his goal.

I'm very sad to hear that they aren't playing Morrissey's new single on the radio in Britain? It is a good song this must be for PC reasons? (if it is true).

I don't think that Morrissey needs to tour the UK in order to be successful. Morrissey has fans all over the world with lots of fans in America and in Latin America.

I don't want all of this to put Morrissey off coming to the UK. I still love Morrissey. I'm from the UK and I will continue to support him! I know that there are others who feel the same as me. Initially, I was crying and feeling very worked up. I don't know why it affected me so badly. I agree with a lot of what Morrissey says. I like that Morrissey believes in freedom of speech. I like that Morrissey is clean living he is a vegan, doesn't drink or smoke or take drugs like Dave Haslam and his mates. I found it creepy that Dave Haslam was friends with Jimmy Savile.
Agreed, but it's time to never mention Daslam again, was a storm in a teacup, his silly antics achieved nothing, same as his entire life really, forget Daslam.

Yet again, only Morrissey can salvage this septic isle. And he will.

Agreed, but it's time to never mention Daslam again, was a storm in a teacup, his silly antics achieved nothing, same as his entire life really, forget Daslam.

Daslam! Ha, ha, ha oh my sides. I see what you did there!

Actually, come to think of it, I don't see. What was it that you did?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom