Mexico City - National Auditorium (Nov. 23, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / November Spawned A Monster / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Jack The Ripper / Dial-a-Cliché / Life Is A Pigsty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by Famous when dead

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why Morrissey no longer plays Meat Is Murder? I'm surprised he didn't play it when he last played in Denver, especially considering it was a few days before Thanksgiving.
Because Morrissey will do whatever he needs to do to be adored by complete strangers and adapts accordingly. Ultimately it's all about him.

Can someone explain to me why Morrissey no longer plays Meat Is Murder? I'm surprised he didn't play it when he last played in Denver, especially considering it was a few days before Thanksgiving.

Lets face it: Meat Is Murder was on the setlist every night between 2011 and 2016/17. It is perhaps hard to believe, but even Morrissey got tired of it.

Lets face it: Meat Is Murder was on the setlist every night between 2011 and 2016/17. It is perhaps hard to believe, but even Morrissey got tired of it.

Don't think he got tired of playing 'Meat is Murder', he just saw that
too many people in the audience were actually enjoying it... so he stopped playing it.

I mean, he doesn't do shows to entertain anyone but himself, as it should be.

:cool:

It is hard to believe! That’s his “go to”! That’s his apex for the vegan lot. Has he ever written another song that directly addresses the subject of animal harvest for consumption? Heavy track. Kinda loses a it’s impact after awhile though.

He’s lost an astounding number of thoughtful, loyal fans through his embrace of populist rhetoric. ...but he’s got a different crew on the rise, usurping his long-standing veg-base these days.

His newer, non-vegan fans are different and easily recognizable. They’re mostly cognitively-devoid, web-educated, historical/philosophical revision-touting, basement dwelling, failed-fledgling boomerangers. Easily led, with plenty of disposable income.

No brainer for Steve. Grab it where you can. It’s the only angle he has left. f*** the legacy. His poetry well ran dry, long ago. His band are there for a paycheque. Easily seen and heard. LOVE the cheap, weak matching t’s on them as well. Level of personal and collective pride in that lot = ZERO.

Watching the pension top-up phase of my former hero’s life is shitty. ...but for those who ask, “Why do you come here?”... I come here because I invested cash, heart and faith in him for 30+ years and he turned out to be a f***ing fake-ass clown. A pale, calculating, money-grubbing hack shell of his former self. It happens to some people. Not to everyone. ...but it happened to Morrissey.

The merch table is open but the show is over.

Could someone please translate what was said by (I believe mando) in Spanish at the beginning of encore Every day is like sunday....please

It is hard to believe! That’s his “go to”! That’s his apex for the vegan lot. Has he ever written another song that directly addresses the subject of animal harvest for consumption? Heavy track. Kinda loses a it’s impact after awhile though.

He’s lost an astounding number of thoughtful, loyal fans through his embrace of populist rhetoric. ...but he’s got a different crew on the rise, usurping his long-standing veg-base these days.

His newer, non-vegan fans are different and easily recognizable. They’re mostly cognitively-devoid, web-educated, historical/philosophical revision-touting, basement dwelling, failed-fledgling boomerangers. Easily led, with plenty of disposable income.

No brainer for Steve. Grab it where you can. It’s the only angle he has left. f*** the legacy. His poetry well ran dry, long ago. His band are there for a paycheque. Easily seen and heard. LOVE the cheap, weak matching t’s on them as well. Level of personal and collective pride in that lot = ZERO.

Watching the pension top-up phase of my former hero’s life is shitty. ...but for those who ask, “Why do you come here?”... I come here because I invested cash, heart and faith in him for 30+ years and he turned out to be a f***ing fake-ass clown. A pale, calculating, money-grubbing hack shell of his former self. It happens to some people. Not to everyone. ...but it happened to Morrissey.

The merch table is open but the show is over.

I don't think he has ever changed who he was, I think he is lacking in inspiration, no muse. I agree with the shirts though...

I doubt he got tired of it per se - if MiM got a standing ovation every time - he'd still be playing it on this tour. It seems to me that he's taken pointers from the earlier LIHS shows and made an honest attempt to deliver an enjoyable show for fans to attend. Nothing wrong with that.

How come nobody is excitedly discussing the blue rose shirt? Why aren't you all putting your hands up and admitting you got it wrong about MorrisseysWorld? Don't be embarrassed, it's Skinny's fault, not yours. Since 2011 old Pete has been telling everyone it was a hoax, and everyone trusted Skinny because he was a 'somebody' around these parts, but now that he has turned out to be nothing other than a gibbering twat opening, you can now start expressing your own thoughts without fear of ridicule. Look at all those blue roses Morrissey accepted. Look at Moz wearing a blue rose on stage in Santa Ana as he sang the BRS anthem, Trouble Loves Me. Open your eyes. Wake up. Join in.

Justin Bebo

The Lima venue is about 1 mile from one of the world’s largest bullrings, Plaza de Acho, and there was a corrida there last night.

I doubt he got tired of it per se - if MiM got a standing ovation every time - he'd still be playing it on this tour. It seems to me that he's taken pointers from the earlier LIHS shows and made an honest attempt to deliver an enjoyable show for fans to attend. Nothing wrong with that.

Something like that. My feeling is that he is also reacting to the summer tour disaster and all the hatred towards him surrounding it. Why would he otherwise bring back several songs from Viva Hate, an album that was partly a response to the perceived hatred at that time and of course partly a heartfelt farewell to his former band and songwriting partner? All of this in addition to "If you don't like me….", Alma Matters (It's my life to wreck my onw way)", "Hold on to your friends" which were already played during the Winter tour. But whatever his reasons for shaking up his setlist, it was for the better.

Something like that. My feeling is that he is also reacting to the summer tour disaster and all the hatred towards him surrounding it. Why would he otherwise bring back several songs from Viva Hate, an album that was partly a response to the perceived hatred at that time and of course partly a heartfelt farewell to his former band and songwriting partner? All of this in addition to "If you don't like me….", Alma Matters (It's my life to wreck my onw way)", "Hold on to your friends" which were already played during the Winter tour. But whatever his reasons for shaking up his setlist, it was for the better.

Yes, also the failed summer tour influenced this tour. I didn't make that connection with the additional Viva Hate songs (I was just happy they were there). BTW, This whole idea that Morrissey doesn't care what the audience wants to hear always rubbed me the wrong way and I'm glad that I don't see that spirit behind this tour.

Last edited:
Merchandise

the blue rose shirt certainly was not expected...any reason for the shirt? has made an alliance with the brs?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom