MGMT: yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • no

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • eh?

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
thanks for these responses. I do quite like the two or three songs I've heard but I'm not mad about them.
guess I might pick up the album if it comes down to around a fiver...

I think I prefer empire of the sun, but only because of the song 'we are the people' its fantastic, and plus Im sick of MGMT haha.

the hype is overwhelming!
but are they actually any good?

When I look back the first reply to this really should have been - "Listen to them and find out for yourself".

Why did you feel the need to ask other people what they thought? Should have just worked out if you thought they were good by, oh I dunno, listening to some songs.

bloody hell its called gauging opinion, sparking discussion.

No need to shoot him down for it. It's a 'forum' after all!

What did you want? his opinion and then a polite request to close the topic? Ha.

yes, its a good job Moz gives me enough lyrical content to ponder on or else i'd really be questioning them:crazy: but it sounds good anyway!

I think they're actually really good, but i must admit their massive hype has put me off slightly, seeing them last may was very enjoyable though. I think once you just accept they're somewhat unintelligle basis and embrace them for their fun, great music, they're very enjoyable :)

I think they're actually really good, but i must admit their massive hype has put me off slightly, seeing them last may was very enjoyable though. I think once you just accept they're somewhat unintelligle basis and embrace them for their fun, great music, they're very enjoyable :)

oh the irony,
unintelligible*

When I look back the first reply to this really should have been - "Listen to them and find out for yourself".

Why did you feel the need to ask other people what they thought? Should have just worked out if you thought they were good by, oh I dunno, listening to some songs.

Hi. I'd heard two or three singles which I quite liked and was just wondering how good the album was i.e. whether the quality of the singles was maintained across the 12-odd songs. Bought the album a few weeks ago and must say I've found it pretty disappointing. Will give it a few more listens but probably end up donating it to the charity shop...

bloody hell its called gauging opinion, sparking discussion.

No need to shoot him down for it. It's a 'forum' after all!

What did you want? his opinion and then a polite request to close the topic? Ha.
It is possible to make a thread giving your opinion on a band and generate discussion without seemingly asking everyone else what you should think of them.

Oracular Spectacular is one of the best albums ever. I've been listening to it non-stop since last year. 'Weekend Wars' and 'The Youth' are f***ing brilliant.

I think they're utterly horrendous. Not my cup of tea at all. Perhaps I'm not 'hip' enough to understand their appeal, and to be honest I hope I never am.

Empire of the Sun are a massive bunch of shit !

MGMT rock, anyone who rides their cat in a music video is alright by me:)

Of Moons, Birds and Monsters is my favourite song on the album.

On the whole, no. Not very original, not that good.

I can't believe nobody's brought up LCD Soundsystem or Datarock as references here. MGMT sound so similar, it's practically plagiarism. The first time I heard them, I actually looked them up to see if this was some Datarock side project or something. :)

cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom