Mike Joyce In Buzzcocks Tribute Night....

Jukebox Jury

Retired
...at Manchester's 'Band On The Wall' on 28th May.

Mike will be performing songs from 'Spiral Scratch' and the bands first two albums along with Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess, Damon Gough (Badly Drawn Boy), John Cooper Clarke and other band members from The Whip, I Am Kloot and Dutch Uncles.

Asked about not calling on former colleagues, Mike said (in today's MEN) ''Well Morrissey is doing his own thing, Johnny is with The Cribs and Andy is in New York, so that leaves me'' he laughs about his old Smiths cohorts.
(Memo to lainey.......he was really only joking:thumb:)

No news on ticket sales. but they will be like gold dust.:guitar::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

:popcorn:
sits back and awaits the bile.....

Last edited:
The revamped Band on the Wall is very nice indeed. I was very impressed with the PA system and for a change the beer was actually worth getting in early for.

The revamped Band on the Wall is very nice indeed. I was very impressed with the PA system and for a change the beer was actually worth getting in early for.

Not been yet. Would love tickets for this, could have sold out the Apollo, but this is the perfect and historically right venue (in the absence of The Electic Circus and The Mayflower):guitar::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Hey, Phil. Did you go to the Buzzcocks gig when Joy Division supported them? Must have been 77/78.

No, I wasn't living in Manchester then and was also only 14/15 and didn't know anything about punk until watching Generation X on TOTP in early 1979. Billy Idol has a lot to answer for:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

No, I wasn't living in Manchester then and was also only 14/15 and didn't know anything about punk until watching Generation X on TOTP in early 1979. Billy Idol has a lot to answer for:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

I'm a year younger than you but still went to all the punk gigs. Nearly shat myself at a Clash concert when I was 13 (1977). It kicked off at the end when they did White Riot as an encore. 2mins of utter mayem at the Apollo! I used to go to the Russell Club in Hulme but had to watch the Damned, the Ruts etc in the afternoon matinee. :)
Gen X's early stuff was ace tbf. :thumb:
I reckon Siouxsie and the Banshees in 78 and the Buzzcocks with Joy Division were the highlights of my gigging career. :guitar:

Just got the email to confirm that my name is on the list (plus one). :thumb:

Thanks to JJ and Dave2006 for giving me the nod ;)

Bump *

The 'tickets' have just landed in my inbox. As well as a free gig, we get a free JD drink! I'll stick to the Wainwright, if they still have it on draught in the Band on the Wall :thumb:

Mine too.
Looks like Badly Drawn Boy wont be there - but with Tim Burgess up front and Mike at the back, we'll be in for a treat :thumb:

Do you know if JJ is back in town yet? Last I heard he was held up by a Black Cloud and couldn't get back in the country :lbf:

Dave

Mine too.
Looks like Badly Drawn Boy wont be there - but with Tim Burgess up front and Mike at the back, we'll be in for a treat :thumb:

Do you know if JJ is back in town yet? Last I heard he was held up by a Black Cloud and couldn't get back in the country :lbf:

Dave

I was looking forward to John Cooper Clarke, but his name is now missing. I'm not a Charlatans fan to be honest. I'll go, but without any high expectations. A few of my friends should have tickets as well, but I haven't spoken to some of them since the final line up was issued?

JJ was due to land on Wednesday morning, last I heard.

EDIT. Talking of a certain person. Moston Blue (ahem) has just dropped this link in my inbox....

http://www.citylife.co.uk/music/new...miths__the_charlatans__the_whip__dutch_uncles

Last edited:
If you go to www.jdset.co.uk and look at audio/visual, click on the NME TV shows and there are loads of clips of rehearsals or the Buzzcocks show

The atmosphere in the rehearsal room was great, and whatever is said about Mike on this site, everyone who worked with him loved him and loved working with him

It's going to be a great gig

also, although for some reason this hasn't been publicised here, Mike has a show on New York's East Village Radio

www.eastvillageradio.com

www.mikejoyce.com

Love Dx

Back
Top Bottom