Mike Scott (The Waterboys) on Morrissey's merchandise

The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention by Fiona Sturges - The Independent

"It has become a dispiriting ritual on social media that, every few months, Morrissey's name begins to trend, prompting swathes of music fans to sigh wearily and wonder what the silly idiot has said or done now. Former fan Fiona Sturges has had enough"
Mike Scott knows...

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. At least Morrissey used the work of artists he likes, to prove his point, rather than Banksy who used the work of an artist he despises, to make money.
Amazed there are still people out there trying their very best to justify what is nothing more than a cash grab, and suggesting that if someone else does it for other reasons - if it's not a cash grab - they THEY are the bastards. What is wrong with you people?

Amazed there are still people out there trying their very best to justify what is nothing more than a cash grab, and suggesting that if someone else does it for other reasons - if it's not a cash grab - they THEY are the bastards. What is wrong with you people?

It's really not that big a deal.

If buyers want to buy,that is THEIR choice.

Skinny, maybe some of us just don't care, or don't read too much into this, or any other neg stuff...ever thought of that?

I think at times (seems like always) you look too deeply for something to criticise; you're never objective, except in your own mind, which is a shame as I reckon you could have something valid (maybe even good) to say.

Save your 'cause' for another forum, & let fans just make up their own mind without you trying to pollute things. You won't change how Moz's ardent fans think, yet you persist. What a waste of time & energy. It's why people hate you on here.

I'm more concerned about real world issues such as plastic waste, environmental damage stuff, illegal people trafficking, etc. etc. to be honest rather than reading the witterings-on & whingeing about Moz signing somebody's f***in' albums, for whatever reason he did it.

I think it's called perspective, & you don't really have any of that.

You know how Moz works, he's not always totally direct in his messaging. Does he need the money? No.
So there must have been another reason why he did it...try & think laterally without looking for a sensationalist line, & maybe you'll find a more reasoned answer rather than just stating it's 'nothing more than a cash grab'.

Skinny its a USA tour where people can sell and buy what they choose too in freedom.o_O
Its not a tour of your commie mosque where everything is against the koran and prohibited, everything but hopping on the dole.:straightface:

Morrissey has a great talent for annoying just the right type of people.

And they fall for it - every time.

Morrissey just sold out the Hollywood bowl probably faster than the previous musician who held the record. Wait, that was Morrissey too when he broke the Beatles record. Who is this guy with the accent and the cowboy hat again? Never heard of em….

Ah there speaks a true fan! thanks!

Jason

But they didn't have online ordering in the 1960s.

who gives a shit whether there was internet then or not fact-of-the- matter is that he has smashed America and beyond and if you really know anything about the music business then you will know and appreciate that is one of the hardest of countries to crack, many established groups have failed to conquer the yankee market.
Go with the times, im sure there was an old crooner in the 40's and 50's that had sold out quicker than any other, phones were not that ready available to all an actual physical box office was all they really had. (yes there was such a thing)
so internet or not its insignificant in the record breaking world!

Jason

who gives a shit whether there was internet then or not fact-of-the- matter is that he has smashed America and beyond and if you really know anything about the music business then you will know and appreciate that is one of the hardest of countries to crack, many established groups have failed to conquer the yankee market.
Go with the times, im sure there was an old crooner in the 40's and 50's that had sold out quicker than any other, phones were not that ready available to all an actual physical box office was all they really had. (yes there was such a thing)
so internet or not its insignificant in the record breaking world!

Jason
We know how popular Morrissey is in North America at the moment by the number of tickets that were being sold at giveaway prices during the last tour. Never mind, I'm sure that if he ever plucks up the courage to play in the UK again, we'll get the true measure of just how popular he is these days.

We know how popular Morrissey is in North America at the moment by the number of tickets that were being sold at giveaway prices during the last tour. Never mind, I'm sure that if he ever plucks up the courage to play in the UK again, we'll get the true measure of just how popular he is these days.

why the f*** are you on this site? all you have done is negate him and others on here your waste of f***ing energy!

Jason

why the f*** are you on this site? all you have done is negate him and others on here your waste of f***ing energy!

Jason
And you are an obnoxious, immature little waste of space, but the beauty of this website is that even people like you can make a contribution, however futile and illiterate those contributions might be.
When you've grown up, you might realise that this website is for people who are interested in Morrissey (and The Smiths et al.) That does not preclude people who used to like Morrissey but who now greatly regret that he is now a tedious, trolling, racist bore. And it doesn't even preclude people like you.

Obnoxious, immature little waste of space, crikey you know me so well, me grow up? Oh dear sweetheart i couldn't think of anything worse i could be in danger of becoming like you ooooh your such a bastion of maturity radish, i think i love you xxxx

Jason

Obnoxious, immature little waste of space, crikey you know me so well, me grow up? Oh dear sweetheart i couldn't think of anything worse i could be in danger of becoming like you ooooh your such a bastion of maturity radish, i think i love you xxxx
Thanks for proving my point for me.

Thanks for proving my point for me.
Oh your welcome fatty and if you're ever in East London (EC2) I'd be quite happy to meet you for a straightener!!!

-------------------- @ ---------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
oh your welcome and if your ever in east london id be quite happy to say hello...

-------------------- @ ---------------------

OK, that's very kind of you but there are laws against meeting up with children one has encountered on internet websites, so I must decline.

OK, that's very kind of you but there are laws against meeting up with children one has encountered on internet websites, so I must decline.

you f***ing coward, you hide behind your screen giving all the biggun and use that. you are seriously ill, why do you even think like that, you are truly disturbed!!!!

Jason

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom