Mirror 80 - reflecting on 1980s style

Nice, but where's the Deborah Harry, or do you consider her too '79?

The only other style I admired/sort of miss is big hair on women. In the late 80's, women of Los Angeles in particular looked like mighty lionesses. You have to admit it was a bold look.

big-hair-morganfairchild.jpg

Nice, but where's the Deborah Harry, or do you consider her too '79?

The only other style I admired/sort of miss is big hair on women. In the late 80's, women of Los Angeles in particular looked like mighty lionesses. You have to admit it was a bold look.

big-hair-morganfairchild.jpg

There's enough hair spray in that monstrosity to punch a hole in the ozone layer the size of Cleveland.

80s fasion and hair was quite capable of making even drop-dead gorgeous women look completely ridiculous. My wife looks better now than she does on pictures from the mid-eighties, when she was a teenager. Partly that's because she's inherently wonderful of course, but the style of the period really just gave everyone a hard time. No one looks good in a frizzy perm, and pastels don't fix it. The seventies was nothing by comparison.

cheers

Thanks, appleblonde for recommending my 80s style blog Mirror80.

And Mars Rover, nice picture of Morgan Fairchild wearing the signature 80s colors of teal and mauve.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and feedback. Mirror80 is a new blog, and I truly appreciate the support. Stay tuned for future posts on Debbie Harry and The Smiths.

Some older women still have this hairstyle. It is so funny.

yes.. i see it at my office building and it's tragic really.

You can always tell the best year of someone's life.. they still have the haircut ;)

yes.. i see it at my office building and it's tragic really.

You can always tell the best year of someone's life.. they still have the haircut ;)

I've gone skinhead now, but it doesn't reflect any part of my life, I've never gone skinhead before. It's just somethihng to mask the rapidly receding hairline.:thumb:

P.

I think crimped hair may be trying to make a comeback. I've seen a brave woman or two going out in public like this recently.

It's not a flattering look on everyone, but in real life crimped hair was impressive. It showed the girl was really making an effort to look "foxy" (I hope that word make a comeback too).

Things we don't want to see comeback from the 80's graveyard:
Crispy bangs on women (curling iron + hairspray)
Loafers with white socks showing on men

Back
Top Bottom