Missing albums on Spotify/Apple?

Crookes88

Has anyone lost the ability to stream you are the quarry and southpaw grammar on Spotify I think southpaw grammar has been gone for a while but recently I’ve been un able to find you are the quarry.
Btw I use the English library of songs Spotify have, might be different for Americans

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone lost the ability to stream you are the quarry and southpaw grammar on Spotify I think southpaw grammar has been gone for a while but recently I’ve been un able to find you are the quarry.
Btw I use the English library of songs Spotify have, might be different for Americans

Yes on Southpaw Grammar, no on YATQ.

I'm in Germany and just two days ago Quarry, Ringleader and Years of Refusal were still available on Spotify but now they are all gone (Southpaw, Maladjusted, Swords and World Peace were already not available).

And before anyone asks: Yes, I also have the records but I don't carry a record player around when I'm on the bus or train...

Quarry, Ringleader and Refusal all removed from Apple Music for me (UK) as well- any ideas as to why? Swords and Maladjusted (reissue) are still available though, along with all the other reissues of recent years.

Those are the three albums Morrissey owns outright (plus Live at Earls Court, I think). The licencing has probably expired and no-one is on top of that sort of thing.

Because I'm "the quarry" with the Tommy Gun. There is no need for those songs anymore.

Turns out all his albums from 97/07 have been removed

Maladjusted seems to still be there. So it's the album from 2004 to 2009.

I've seen this happen with McCartney albums too. They always reappear eventually, but I've never understood why they disappear in the first place.

You are the Quarry removed from Spotify

Has anyone else noticed, at least in the UK, that "You are the Quarry" has been removed from Spotify? Does anyone know why this would be?

There is another thread about this topic but yes, others have noticed.
It's the same in other European countries and Ringleader and Refusal are also gone.

Get southpaw on there

I'm in Germany and just two days ago Quarry, Ringleader and Years of Refusal were still available on Spotify but now they are all gone (Southpaw, Maladjusted, Swords and World Peace were already not available).

And before anyone asks: Yes, I also have the records but I don't carry a record player around when I'm on the bus or train...

And you don't have your music stored online somewhere else? :confused: You can't rely on Spotify for ever.

And you don't have your music stored online somewhere else? :confused: You can't rely on Spotify for ever.

Yes, I do.
But that's not really the point here. I did not come here to discuss the pros and cons of music streaming services. I use Spotify for various reasons and I pay for it. I was just interested if anybody knew why those albums were removed.

Yes, I do.
But that's not really the point here. I did not come here to discuss the pros and cons of music streaming services. I use Spotify for various reasons and I pay for it. I was just interested if anybody knew why those albums were removed.
BMG now own them they will be reuploaded soon

Back
Top Bottom