MOJO Magazine: Johnny Marr teases “Strangeways” box set (November Issue, number 336)

‘Meanwhile, Marr confirms rumours of a Strangeways, Here We Come box set are not unfounded’
“Yeah, there’s been some talk of a Strangeways box...particularly on that last album, what we were after sonically meant that the [work in progress] monitor mixes were a really good listen. They didn’t need a lot of bells and whistles. The rough mixes and demos from that period hold up really well. So, yeah, it’s be nice to see them all lovingly curated somewhere or other.”

Interesting, though personally haven’t heard any of the “rumours” mentioned here...

The rest of the short article just talks about his new album - this was the only part that seemed particularly relevant.
ABB086D2-A3D7-43AD-97A6-AF9842ED9C25.jpeg

God, I hope so. The 'Queen is Dead' expanded box was amazing, but I was worried that nothing else would follow.

They'll probably release it next year for the 35th anniversary

Hope this means we FINALLY get to hear that mythical Fool Such As I cover. 🙏🏻😍🙏🏻

some talk..

Vegan Croc of Shit will have a meltdown over tbis
👉💂‍♂️👈 and box set in the same sentence. Heaven forbid if there is a Japanese release 🎃

:)

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: needs to chill, Moz is the decider and will give him instructions as how
to proceed:hammer:

Hope this means we FINALLY get to hear that mythical Fool Such As I cover. 🙏🏻😍🙏🏻

Guess some of it was accidentally erased (?) I don’t care how much of it is left, they should just throw it on anyway.

Someone should tweet Marr this request.

Looking forward to the re-issue and re-package. I wonder if he and Morrissey are reevaluating the songs? Will it be a double-pack with a photograph and include an extra track with a tacky badge?

that would be cool, can see that happening. If so, wonder if M would keep it that blue color, or change it.

At least M won’t go taking songs out, with Marr there, it seems.
Out of all his reissues, I wish he didn’t mess with Viva Hate. I guess he had his reasons though.

Guess some of it was accidentally erased (?) I don’t care how much of it is left, they should just throw it on anyway.

Someone should tweet Marr this request.
Erased?! 😱

"The other Smiths all verify that the Elvis song made it to tape, though according to Showbiz it was not only ‘dreadful’ but deemed unusable after the first verse was allegedly ‘wiped’ by accident. Showbiz later gave Marr the masters for safekeeping: what’s left of The Smiths’ ‘A Fool Such As I’ has remained under lock and key ever since." - Mozipedia

Screenshot_20210919-081020_Chrome.jpg

Morrissey, 3 August 2016, news.com.au

"The other Smiths all verify that the Elvis song made it to tape, though according to Showbiz it was not only ‘dreadful’ but deemed unusable after the first verse was allegedly ‘wiped’ by accident. Showbiz later gave Marr the masters for safekeeping: what’s left of The Smiths’ ‘A Fool Such As I’ has remained under lock and key ever since." - Mozipedia

View attachment 76419
Morrissey, 3 August 2016, news.com.au
I'd forgotten about that. Dreadful...

Tags
box set johnny marr strangeways

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom