More reviews of "California Son": The Independent (2 stars), The Times (2 stars), Financial Times

Morrissey, California Son, review: Album’s missteps might be forgiven if you could dissociate the music from the man.... The Independent (2 of 5 stars)
Can we listen to a new album from an old hero who’s broken our hearts? It seems not
By Helen Brown

Morrissey: California Son review ... The Times (2 of 5 stars)
Morrissey’s album of cover versions appears to be an attempt at rehabilitation via the medium of unchallenging blandness
By Will Hodgkinson

Morrissey: California Son — the return of the misanthrope - Financial Times
The latest from the former Smiths frontman delivers some diverting covers and some utterly unlistenable notes

Last edited by a moderator:
:sleeping:

I guess it’s all about being policor, these days in good old England.

Well, good luck with that.

Morrissey, California Son, review: Album’s missteps might be forgiven if you could dissociate the music from the man.... The Independent (2 of 5 stars)
Can we listen to a new album from an old hero who’s broken our hearts? It seems not
By Helen Brown

Morrissey: California Son review ... The Times (2 of 5 stars)
Morrissey’s album of cover versions appears to be an attempt at rehabilitation via the medium of unchallenging blandness
By Will Hodgkinson

Morrissey: California Son — the return of the misanthrope - Financial Times
The latest from the former Smiths frontman delivers some diverting covers and some utterly unlistenable notes
I didn't bother subscribing to the latter two to read their reviews. The three seem to be in the same vein from the first paragraph.
They were expecting Morrissey to be stuck in 1935 as they lament about how he's changed and their angst about whether they can possibly listen to the new album.
O that consensus conscience.
Not really a review as much as jumping on the beige bandwagon.

These soyboy reviews are hilarious. Just a bunch of weak-willed, dull cowards. The pathetic obsession with "racism"....it's like a mental illness. Just listen to the record and stop with the Stalinist show trial of Morrissey's "doupleplusungood" opinions that you don't agree with. These people make me so very tired....

Tags
california son info california son review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom