Morrissey Central "Morrissey’s International And Diverse Appeal" (May 19, 2021)

I see the trolls don't like being trolled. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can't explain why, but this version made me cry. I can imagine how Morrissey must feel when he listens to the covers of his fans.

A really lovely cover of one of my favourite Morrissey songs. It does everything a good cover version should: retain the basic melody but take it somewhere new.

Excellent.

is there a singer you actually like? maybe they have a forum you could join.
of course there is, he/she (or probably 'they') is obsessed with Morrissey, obviously

breakups are hard but it's time for the haters to move on.
Why do you think divorced husbands go back and murder the ex wife.... if I can’t have 1983 Morrissey then no one can have him.

My life was never able to cope with all the beauty that your songs brought into it, and so it all flowed out when i was younger... all that beauty that was thrust at me and that just couldn’t be contained overflowed, through tears

Older now and the passage of time making me sad again, but never any regret for tears that were made wet through beauty

Happiness and sadness dance together on a thin line, each crossing the other and then back again

A spinning coin, with blurred edges the faster it turns

Wasn’t it all something though

I dunno. Emma Thompson cured cancer in I Am Legend* and caused a zombie apocalypse.

*the book by Richard Matheson is ace. The Will Smith film is shit. The Charlton Heston film is ok.
‘Ok’? It’s fantastic; easily the best of the three versions.

Spot the difference?

I've just noticed on YT it says "My siblings, Felicia & Feliciano, doing of Zee Avi's rendition of Morrissey' song called "First of the gang to die"".
They nailed it completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? Read what you wrote again. Maybe rewrite it. I feel bad for you and your blah blah blah.
What? Read what you wrote again. Maybe rewrite it. I feel bad for you and your blah blah blah.
I actually went back and read what I had written. Maybe I had missed a word or maybe there was some grammatical error? But no, it was perfectly fine. I’m afraid your verbal reasoning just isn’t what it should be.

Last edited:
This, and A$AP Rocky is way too much wokeness and diversity for one week. What the hell is Reelfountain going to do? I wonder if her Ilsa , She Wolf of the SS uniform is at the dry cleaners this week?
Those that protest the loudest always have the most to hide. Look at Jayda Fransen. Forever banging about “mass immigration”, yet she’s the mother of a biracial kid herself.

Those that protest the loudest always have the most to hide. Look at Jayda Fransen. Forever banging about “mass immigration”, yet she’s the mother of a biracial kid herself.

Maybe she wants to be deport her kid.

What’s Skinny going to say about this. ? Brown folk singing Morrissey songs.
What’s that platter the female FOTGTD has in front of her 🦠

The continual close-ups of the plate were a bit distracting. I kept wondering if I was supposed to reading something into it. Maybe the person who filmed the video cooked the meal.

I can't explain why, but this version made me cry. I can imagine how Morrissey must feel when he listens to the covers of his fans.

She is excellent!!!! Que bien canta por Dios!!!! A

Sweet lord, that FOTGTD cover was magnificent. Excellent singing, excellent guitar playing, and an excellent new take making a fantastic song even better. There is still beauty in this world.
Una joya!!!! Hermosa !!!!!

I can understand why M does this, though I wish with all my heart and will that he wouldn't.
It just looks so naff and needy .
Intelligent people know M wouldn't have lasted so long if he wasn't an international act with fans of different ethnic groups.
Anyone who has ever spent time in America will know he has black and asian fans, as well as white and Mexican .

In the UK , when the racist stuff started getting too much, in the 90s, M toured with black singer David McAlmont.
Around 2016 the racist stuff started boiling over again and along came"Cancel Morrissey" hashtags. So, he did a record with Gloria Jones and now A$AP Rocky- to think Morrissey turned down Prince and yet he teams up with this guy . So many great records could have been made if M was "with it"

The trouble is , no matter how its spun or how good the record is, anyone who has been a fan of M's knows the only reason he is doing this , is to steal back some cred, I hope it works.

To me he is now in danger of killing the one thing that was still credible about him, his artistic vision ..His " I am an island " type stance.
You knock him, you could block him, you could be hateful with hashstags but he would steal away, Unchanging in his vision.unmovable form his position.Alas, now even that seems to have gone.
He is on record for hating hip hop, when most of us were listening to KRS One , Public Enemy , Eric B and Rakim and so on
At times thinking. "Imagine Morrisseys vocal had some hard beats behind " M would dash such ideas, being vocal about his hatred of all things Hip Hop. The closet he ever got every before this was saying Public Enemy were powerful.
Yet now he is doing this. Making a Hip Hop record to try a boost his public image.

Shocking
Very well said. I'm of the same view as you. It's hard to not be shocked at what it's come to. It all just doesn't make any sense to me. Perhaps vanity and ego comes into play for Morrissey more than I thought it did.

It is only disappointing because of how much I like him. The state of his last two albums was hard to comprehend for me. Supposedly working with Andrew Watt and now this......I'm flabbergasted.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom