Morrissey’s quirkiness

Well, ghost stories are traditional at Christmas, and Morrissey tells it much better than I could, so, here's the link to the interview in which he tells it:

http://www.laweekly.com/news/features/moz-the-cat/15505/?page=2

It's bloody terrifying, in my humble opinion. And I've been to Saddleworth Moor, so I know what I'm talking about..

oh thanks..i'm exciting^^..i will go out with my dog now..and THEN i will read..and THEN i will leave my impression and THEN i will have a bath and then i will sleep and THEN a nice dream about;):eek:
oh and by the way...stop me if you think you...:D;)
adios muchachos/as!!

Talking of quirky, anyone watching Ken Dodd on BBC2 at the moment? I bet Morrissey is! :)

Veteran comedian Ken Dodd discusses his eventful career with actor Ricky Tomlinson in front of an audience at Liverpool's Royal Academy of Arts. The programme features clips of Dodd in performance, along with archive of his comedy heroes and newsreel from events in his life.
UK only
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/pip/vef9n/

Love that ghost story, it would be so much fun to hear the man himself tell it and act it out :D
And that sofa story, hilarious! Wonder how he would react if someone did the same to him? ;)

Last edited:
I remember the story Suggs tells where he went to find Morrissey in his hotel room, let himself in and found Morrissey in the pitch dark feeling his way around the room with a stick.

“I visit the bathroom three times during our time together - just to check my expression in the mirror – each time I return, Morrissey has moved to a different seat and is wearing a slightly guilty expression on his face that I can’t quite pin down”

I think it was the guy who designed the Southpaw Grammar artwork. He said that when he first went to visit Morrissey at his house, he sat on a sofa. He went back the next day and the sofa was gone and when he asked Morrissey what had happened to it, Morrissey’s reply was “what sofa”?

I don’t know why but I just love hearing things like that. I just love his quirkiness, He must be fascinating company. ;)

Sounds a bit rude and VERY irritating to me .
Just sit still,M !

Just sit still,M !

Awww, don't be too hard on him! :rolleyes: He must be irritating, I agree, in his own cute way, but I don't think he's rude... :p

Awww, don't be too hard on him! :rolleyes: He must be irritating, I agree, in his own cute way, but I don't think he's rude... :p

Mmm,it just sounds like he was trying to unsettle them a bit which,to me,seems rather rude and unnecessary :p

Just sit still,M !

15 years ago my friend and I "liberated" a 8 foot tall stuffed bear that you would find at a fair or bazaar or something. We were doing maintenance for the church at the time and were told to throw it out. We decided to have fun with it and play a prank. We literally walked across town with the bear to his house while his parents were hosting a bbq. Mind you it took two of us to hold the thing.

As we entered his backyard bumping into guests I remember his mother yelling "What are you doing with that bear?"

Both of us in unison looked at his mom while holding the damn thing over our heads and replied, "What bear?"

Too annoyed to deal with us in front of her guests she let it go.

What happened to the bear?
Why we stole another friend's keys and shoved it into his car so he would find it in the passenger AND drivers seat when he went to work the next day. I think he had to cut the bear up to get it out of the car.

Heh heh - Thought I would share.

15 years ago my friend and I "liberated" a 8 foot tall stuffed bear that you would find at a fair or bazaar or something. We were doing maintenance for the church at the time and were told to throw it out. We decided to have fun with it and play a prank. We literally walked across town with the bear to his house while his parents were hosting a bbq. Mind you it took two of us to hold the thing.

As we entered his backyard bumping into guests I remember his mother yelling "What are you doing with that bear?"

Now,that's funny Beat that "quriky Moz" !!!
:p

Both of us in unison looked at his mom while holding the damn thing over our heads and replied, "What bear?"

Too annoyed to deal with us in front of her guests she let it go.

What happened to the bear?
Why we stole another friend's keys and shoved it into his car so he would find it in the passenger AND drivers seat when he went to work the next day. I think he had to cut the bear up to get it out of the car.

Now,that's funny Beat that "quriky Moz" !!!
:p

I always liked the one where John Peel met Morrissey in a motorway services station somewhere up north in the 1980s (it was recounted in a Moz biography but I can't quite remember which one).

Peel was shocked to bump into Moz and so asked him what he was doing at a service station at this time of the night. Morrissey replied 'This is my favourite service station'.

John Peel said something along the lines of that he thought it odd that anyone should have a favourite service station, let alone Morrissey...

My personal favourite is Sandbach on the M6, by the way. Fond memories.

Last edited:
Oh, and Morrissey's quirkiness is one of the most appealing parts
of his persona certainly; it's all part of his compelling mystique which
is a smorgasbord of fascination.
Why else would we love him?
Yes, I know what I have said is a tad wierd, however, it is late
and I'm perhaps a little drunk and really should be asleep......
still I honestly believe Mr. Morrissey's quirkiness is an artform in itself.....

Rude or irritating, doesn't really matter. His quirkiness is one of the reasons I love him so much. Life with out a bit of quirkiness and eccentricity would be very dull and boring. I'm just glad he's so good at it. ;)

Rude or irritating, doesn't really matter. His quirkiness is one of the reasons I love him so much. Life with out a bit of quirkiness and eccentricity would be very dull and boring. I'm just glad he's so good at it. ;)

Quirkiness or eccentricity I like ,rudeness or just being plain irritating is another matter.
Since I've never met the guy I wouldn't know but the examples at the beginning of this thread,to me,would be rude AND irritating

Quirkiness or eccentricity I like ,rudeness or just being plain irritating is another matter.
Since I've never met the guy I wouldn't know but the examples at the beginning of this thread,to me,would be rude AND irritating

Do you actually like Morrissey? :p

Back
Top Bottom