Morrissey 12"-es only thread

doctor

Ok,here discuss about mozz solo 12"-es(releases,promos,test pressings)
Here are my 2 questions for the start!
1.Which 12" is most rare of the normal pressings(not promos or tests),and why(in your opinion)?
2.I think that every single should come out as 7" and 12",but why was there no 12"-es to southpaw singles or newest stuff?(except I just...12"pic disc)?

it's a charts thing why they couldn't release cd single, dvd single, 7" single, 12" single & even casette single. I think it's a maximum of only 3 different formats that the charts allow, that's why the 12" Singles from Quarry & the 12" single from ROTT wern't released at the time of the singles original release.

As to the rarest 12" I'm not sure, I prefer the old 7" format tbh, so I don't go all out to collect the 12"ers, I've got some but I tend to go for the white labels or promo's.

love

Grim

I have a 12" US Promo of Last Of The Famous International Playboys with a promo sheet giving info about the song....says David Bowie was an inspiration for the song....hmmmm wonder who said that....

Morrissey in the past has said that he, Bolan, Devoto and Bowie are the subjects of the song.

it's a charts thing why they couldn't release cd single, dvd single, 7" single, 12" single & even casette single. I think it's a maximum of only 3 different formats that the charts allow, that's why the 12" Singles from Quarry & the 12" single from ROTT wern't released at the time of the singles original release.

As to the rarest 12" I'm not sure, I prefer the old 7" format tbh, so I don't go all out to collect the 12"ers, I've got some but I tend to go for the white labels or promo's.

love

Grim

How can it be a charts thing when 12' vinyl versions of IBEH and First of the gang to die came out nearly a year after Quarry?

How can it be a charts thing when 12' vinyl versions of IBEH and First of the gang to die came out nearly a year after Quarry?

because a year later would not affect the charts from a year earlier, aint that what I said?

I think it's a maximum of only 3 different formats that the charts allow, that's why the 12" Singles from Quarry & the 12" single from ROTT wern't released at the time of the singles original release.

love

Grim

I would have thought that the mid 1990's ones would be scarcer because by then the CD format was more popular.

Back in the 80's very few people had CD players and so singles like Suedehead, Playboys and Sunday (forgive the abbreviations) would be fairly common on vinyl and very hard to find on CD.

By the time the 90's was in full swing, the opposite was true. If my memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure the last Morrissey 12 inch I bought was Roy's Keen. By that point I was strictly CD, only buying vinyl if there was an exclusive track.

Therefore, I would think the mid 1990's 12 inches may be harder to find because fewer people bought that particular format. I mean, were shops even really stocking them then? Wasn't there some controversy about HMV discontinuing vinyl singles in favour of CD only?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom