Morrissey 2019-05-10 New York

was able to DL part 1 with no issues from original links only issue I was running into was just Part 2, got same corrupted error again at extraction

was able to DL part 1 with no issues from original links only issue I was running into was just Part 2, got same corrupted error again at extraction
You need an app/prog that handles rar parts. Put both in a new folder. Just click on part 1 to unpack/unrar and it should do the whole thing at once - let me know if you need it as a plain zip.
Regards,
FWD.

I would love this as a plain zip if you have the time FWD. Thanks for all of the great things that you do for us here!

Thanks to all concerned for the links. Not sure if it’s my laptop or even my ears but the sound from the download links appears to have a very boomy bottom end. However when I watch the video on YouTube the sound appears to be much cleaner. Yet is assume it’s all the same source. I might try ripping the sound from YouTube and splitting that if it gets a better result. But maybe my laptop speakers are having a bad day!

Thanks to all concerned for the links. Not sure if it’s my laptop or even my ears but the sound from the download links appears to have a very boomy bottom end. However when I watch the video on YouTube the sound appears to be much cleaner. Yet is assume it’s all the same source. I might try ripping the sound from YouTube and splitting that if it gets a better result. But maybe my laptop speakers are having a bad day!
I have ripped this already - give me a few hours and I'll post a sample of the 2.something gig YT video turned into audio for you to compare.
Without ever wishing to sound ungrateful, the main thing I noticed was audience noise.
Regards,
FWD.

I have ripped this already - give me a few hours and I'll post a sample of the 2.something gig YT video turned into audio for you to compare.
Without ever wishing to sound ungrateful, the main thing I noticed was audience noise.
Regards,
FWD.
Is There any Mp3 To The Last Concert ( 11 May ) ?

Is There any Mp3 To The Last Concert ( 11 May ) ?
Unfortunately, none that anyone appears aware of at the moment.
Rest assured it would surface here PDQ if it was available.
I'm from an age where tapes (or even my own recordings) would surface very slowly after Smiths gigs - so this era is wonderful, but you still have to bide your time occasionally.
If it's out there, it will be shared here.
Regards,
FWD.

Unfortunately, none that anyone appears aware of at the moment.
Rest assured it would surface here PDQ if it was available.
I'm from an age where tapes (or even my own recordings) would surface very slowly after Smiths gigs - so this era is wonderful, but you still have to bide your time occasionally.
If it's out there, it will be shared here.
Regards,
FWD.
I Got it ... But I Wanna Ask Which Program You Use To Clean Up Live Recordings , How ?

I Got it ... But I Wanna Ask Which Program You Use To Clean Up Live Recordings , How ?
To be honest, you are only going to ever sound close to your source via a few degrees of difference.
If you over equalise or play with gain or filter stuff to death, it loses a lot of the charm IMHO.
Matching project bitrates to source and playing with minor settings is fine, but trying to make things like 320kbps files out of mono low bit rate sources never works well.
For most things, I encode with zero changes to the source - like bought files.
Live & youtube is different.
Trying to get the best version of a video isn't always easy. A lot of people just convert a video via a url into some online converter. That's all very well & good but doesn't always do the track justice.
Audacity is my go to gadget (and occasionally a gain programme if heavily bad sounding).
I'm not skilled enough to do lots with it, but rips & HD conversions etc are doable.
I don't believe I've ever made anything ever sound better than source.
There are people here far better than myself at that.
Regards,
FWD.

To be honest, you are only going to ever sound close to your source via a few degrees of difference.
If you over equalise or play with gain or filter stuff to death, it loses a lot of the charm IMHO.
Matching project bitrates to source and playing with minor settings is fine, but trying to make things like 320kbps files out of mono low bit rate sources never works well.
For most things, I encode with zero changes to the source - like bought files.
Live & youtube is different.
Trying to get the best version of a video isn't always easy. A lot of people just convert a video via a url into some online converter. That's all very well & good but doesn't always do the track justice.
Audacity is my go to gadget (and occasionally a gain programme if heavily bad sounding).
I'm not skilled enough to do lots with it, but rips & HD conversions etc are doable.
I don't believe I've ever made anything ever sound better than source.
There are people here far better than myself at that.
Regards,
FWD.
Thank You .. FWD

Would love a soundboard from this run of shows, but hugely unlikely.

That being said, thanks so much for all the audience recordings. Huge sacrifice and very much appreciated. Especially on my morning commute.

The source in FLAC format is different than the video. I used RODE REC LE app to record just the audio with an iphone and used another iphone to record the video.

The source in FLAC format is different than the video. I used RODE REC LE app to record just the audio with an iphone and used another iphone to record the video.

Thanks for the clarification and huge thanks for taping and sharing the recording......much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom