Morrissey A-Z: "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?"

The real scandal are the white socks he sometimes wears with his stage shoes. That's a real no-go. I don't see anyone at The Guardian writing about it though!
I’ve never seen that, or maybe I blocked it out of mind ! Lol

The thing I dislike the most is when he, or anyone wears a button shirt,
and you can see the T-shirt underneath poking out at the top,

Just not a fan of T-shirts under button shirts really.
You have to wear a low cut V-kneck underneath, this should be a law.

Your most sensible post.

ShirtTease.gif

My memory is blurry, but maybe someone remembers this. Didn't one of the band members make a cryptic remark after the performance of this cover alluding to some kind of big change on the horizon? Maybe Jesse on twitter or Matt after a gig or something? I don't think I imagined this.

Last edited:
The florist shop sleeveless monstrosity is the only thing I really object to him wearing.

The mixing of brown/blue & ill-fitting trousers is odd, but livable with.
Regarding the trousers, I think he has a very close relationship with them

"JEANS
I always wear the same jeans. I always have done, the pair I've had for five years. I remember reading about Edith Piaf when she was singing in the streets of Paris and she wore this little black affair, and even when she was an international star earning millions a minute she still wore this same little black sparrow affair. I was interested that stardom never changed her... I think if you start moving too quickly in one direction you can forget why you came into the thing in the first place and eventually you don't recognize youself. I'm really attached to these jeans. I live in total despair of making hole in them or something... I could never possibly sing again (much laughter)."

This was 1984, and there were times in between when he wore other types of trousers, but he seems to have become very attached to them again over the last decade or so...

Now I’ll never be able to unsee that !

How dare you !? :swear:lbf:

Obviously, off his meds that day.
Give him a break, it was Sweden and it was raining and the poor guy was obviously freezing.

The real scandal are the white socks he sometimes wears with his stage shoes. That's a real no-go. I don't see anyone at The Guardian writing about it though!

I only remember him wearing white socks in the early Smiths days, not recently.
His pants are hanging so low these days that you don't notice the socks.

Gotta be honest, this song does nothing for me. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the original - but it just seems kinda boring. Two chords repeated over and over, with a plodding midpace drumbeat. And the vocal melody isn't that interesting either. I just don't get the appeal.

I only remember him wearing white socks in the early Smiths days, not recently.
His pants are hanging so low these days that you don't notice the socks.
Yeah, I mean, it was supposed to be a joke, but he does lift or pull them up sometimes. It's not very often and not terribly noticeable unless you're paying attention to these silly details.

This is the only picture I could think of right now (although they might be slightly rose tinted here?). It's obviously less atrocious with light coloured trousers.

YoullBeFine.jpeg

Yeah, I mean, it was supposed to be a joke, but he does lift or pull them up sometimes. It's not very often and not terribly noticeable unless you're paying attention to these silly details.

This is the only picture I could think of right now (although they might be slightly rose tinted here?). It's obviously less atrocious with light coloured trousers.

View attachment 67760

Not too bad with light coloured trousers. 😊

Not too bad with light coloured trousers. 😊
True. They do look a bit like they used to be white and Damon accidentally washed them with the pink laundry though.

Maybe just as well!!!!
I haven’t worn white socks since the mid-80s ... do they still make them 🤮

It's a great song but I can't imagine anyone but Waylon or maybe Johnny Cash doing it. Morrissey's dip into country was kind of flawed in my opinion because he just skimmed the surface and played a few signature songs by some iconic artists, whereas there is so much material that would have suited him better if he'd dug a little deeper. Country music from the sixties has hundreds of songs that would have suited his style. He should have asked Nancy Sinatra to help him pick a few. Her "Country My Way" record did it perfectly.

I can take or leave this song,while I can appreciate Morrissey singing songs that he enjoys I would rather hear his own words.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom