Morrissey A-Z: "Lover-To-Be"

"I have nothing to say" is an appropriate lyric. This sounds like it was written in less time than it takes to hear it, if such a thing were possible. It's a slight step up from stuff like 'The Kid's a Looker' in that it's so insubstantial you forget it the second it stops playing, but not much. A complete nothing of a song, but not actively annoying.

2 out of 10.

I definitely don’t mind this one. It’s fun and quirky and odd, and it doesn’t pretend to be anything but. That said, the lyrics are clever and with several quotable lines. My favorite?
“You act afraid and nervously coy
Because I'm someone you might enjoy”

I definitely don’t mind this one. It’s fun and quirky and odd, and it doesn’t pretend to be anything but. That said, the lyrics are clever and with several quotable lines. My favorite?
“You act afraid and nervously coy
Because I'm someone you might enjoy”
I think that could be found in the "stalker" section of the greeting card aisle.

To me, those 3 bonus tracks on LIHS deluxe edition have a dark and underground atmosphere that I can somehow enjoy.
But we are far away from a classic pop song or rock song, it’s just the 6 of them at a late night jam.

To me, those 3 bonus tracks on LIHS deluxe edition have a dark and underground atmosphere that I can somehow enjoy.
But we are far away from a classic pop song or rock song, it’s just the 6 of them at a late night jam.
Good description. He takes a different approach (again) and unfortunately it doesn't strike a chord with everyone.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom