Morrissey A-Z: "Now My Heart Is Full"

Great great one of their best songs and the live version is amazing I love Moz and Vauxhall an i is their best album

It’s hard to really add anything to the table for this mind blowing song. After “I’m Not A Man”, this is my favourite Morrissey song. The guitars are thick and chiming, the lyrics are detailed to the point of vivid realisation and the vocals move from hushed to triumphant. Imagine hearing this for the first time when it came out! Just spectacular, too spectacular for analysis, really.
10/10

I love this song for all of the obvious reasons but also because it inspired one of my all-time favourite headlines in a music mag (Select, I think), for an interview with the American band Eggs: "Loafing Oeufs in All-Night Chemists".

Number 2 on my list of the greatest ever Morrissey songs. And another extraordinary masterpiece impossible to analyze in a fair way.

I listen to it when I’m glum, because it’s so warm, comforting and strengthening. And I listen to it when I’m feeling good, for most of the same reasons. It’s a remarkable combination of words, music and production, and an amazing example of what can happen when everything and everyone gels.

cant see many complaints about this one,fantastic song,fantastic music.fantastic album,could be too many fantastics for a thursday morning.
9 rain-coated lovers/10 puny brothers. .........vivamozz on a thursday morning.

This is, without doubt, sheer genius; a complete & utter masterpiece....
And I just can't explain, so I won't even try to.
Brilliantissimo.

Another album where the first track is an indicator of the quality as a whole.
It was an excellent choice to open Vauxhall & I with.
The efforts around the single release were a bit paltry, but overall a song I never tire of.
Regards,
FWD.

It's soaring, beautiful, and inspiring. I remember hearing it on V&I for the first time and thinking: I don't know what I just heard... but I need to hear it again. The go to live version for me will always be from Introducing Morrissey... he could repeat "so" 1000 times and I wouldn't have heard enough. In fact, I've already replayed the ending from the link above about 10 times already.

Never liked this one. Thought his pal's names were beyond f***ing stupid, and its overly sentimental and corny.

Never liked this one. Thought his pal's names were beyond f***ing stupid, and its overly sentimental and corny.
You might want to take up 'his pal's names' with Graham Greene.
FWD.

The 'pals' (Dallow Spicer Pinkie Cubitt) were characters from Brighton Rock, a crime/murder thriller novel by Graham Greene c.1938, & later film in 1947, & 2010. Brighton Rock (novel)

Another album where the first track is an indicator of the quality as a whole.
It was an excellent choice to open Vauxhall & I with.
The efforts around the single release were a bit paltry, but overall a song I never tire of.
Regards,
FWD.
Is there an argument that this should have been the first (or second) single off the album? (I know it's nearly 5 mins long, etc, but that didn't stop "November..." from charting well.)

In tribute, there's a men's barbers, part of The Barber Club, & in one of their branches (Brighton) they have this:

dallow spicer.JPG

The tribute must be to Moz, as opposed to the film, obviously. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom