Morrissey A-Z: "Now My Heart Is Full"

Is there an argument that this should have been the first (or second) single off the album? (I know it's nearly 5 mins long, etc, but that didn't stop "November..." from charting well.)
It's an odd one.
Sire released NMHIF as a CD & tape (and the sought after promo CD) with Moonriver as the B.
Here we got Hold On To Your Friends CD, tape, 7 & 12 with Moonriver.

I wouldn't have thought the Brighton Rock imagery nor British suicidal actor references translated well, but the actual whys behind separate tracks for both countries remains a mystery as far as I know.
Regards,
FWD.

One of the greatest Morrissey songs of all time, nay, one of the greatest songs of all time, full stop. A faultless masterpiece. As @Mozmar said, ‘I just can’t explain so I won’t even try to.’

Also, huge credit to Boz and Steve Lillywhite for the gorgeous music on this one, a perfect platform for Morrissey's art in full flow.

I might be going over the top to say that this is Morrissey's finest moment as a solo artist (with honorable mentions to Come back to Camden, I'm not a man, all of VH and Trouble loves me) but this is the song that I always come back to when things are looking a little bleak. A gorgeous, shimmering, powerful, gentle, sing-along, emotive masterpiece. It should be the song that Moz is always remembered for...the first time I heard it back in 1994 I almost passed out - I could not believe that anything could be this good. I still feel the same way...That's why I don't listen to it when driving.

Full translated interview that you will see the "I don't think so. This song was the definitive expression of my change to adulthood, of my maturity.... " quote used around this track.

TO END LIKE ORSON WELLES
Les Inrockuptibles, 1995

(Worth a read).
FWD.

My favourite Morrissey song. Flawless.

Wry, soaring, exultant, poetic: equal parts joyous and heartbreaking. No one else could have written this song, and no one else could sing it.

A very high quality song and Boz really came up with the goods for Vauxhall and I.

This era was also Morrissey at his most inspired in terms of both the lyrics and the vocal melody.

In the poll on the Hoffman board this ranked 1st from 264 solo songs.

Yeah, this is just as good it gets and means so much to me that I'm not able to explain how/why, nor would I want to.

A 20th century masterpiece and should be part of England's canon.

Full translated interview that you will see the "I don't think so. This song was the definitive expression of my change to adulthood, of my maturity.... " quote used around this track.

TO END LIKE ORSON WELLES
Les Inrockuptibles, 1995

(Worth a read).
FWD.
This a long interview. I've taken several breaks reading it.

I don't blame ya. I remember having to do the same back in the days... Those big chunky bits of codswallop made me burp quite a bit, too.
Lots of food for thought in that interview. *googling codswallop*

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom