Morrissey A-Z: "Sister I'm a Poet"

Actually, I think M even admitted the band weren't that good live in terms of musicianship
It was a lack of ability, as to why the songs sounded different,a lot of the time. It was awful what they did with the Suede cover. M's voice was great but the band were a bit shite.

They still made good studio records but live it became more of a rougher, NY Dolls kind of "event" rather than polished gigs, great gigs mind.
I myself enjoyed the shows, but I could understand the fans not liking it. Its often been the case post Smiths , that M could do way better, if only he had a better band and thats what annoyed people, the frustration of underachievment

Precisely.

Another term for 'different interpretation' is 'inferior technical ability'.

Great song and it does bark back to the smiths with the guitar effects and playing but it’s the confident brash enthusiasm of the vocal that takes it from good to great. Could listen all day

Great song and it does bark back to the smiths with the guitar effects and playing but it’s the confident brash enthusiasm of the vocal that takes it from good to great. Could listen all day

it sounds a little « Smiths » because of the bass.

One of his best ever! The swagger and sway it has is so damn good.

An attempt at self-parody, beloved by those overly attached to The Smiths' sound.

Was this the most recent song posted? Which one comes next?

Adore the live Wolverhampton version in 1988
didn’t like the new studio single b-side version
hated the rockabilly version

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom