Morrissey A-Z: "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get"

Easily one of my favourite Moz tracks. Certainly not overrated as some are saying on here, many simply mistake deserved recognition with being overrated.

The More You Ignore Me...

For such a classic track, and, arguably, one of his most famous solo songs, it's surprising how little Morrissey has played it live.

Having checked setlist.fm, I had forgotten that he briefly brought it back into the setlist in 2019 - the first time since 2004. Even then, it was only played three times, however.

I'm attending the Palladium show, which I can't wait for, and would love to hear it then, having never had the chance before. To add a couple more classics as well, such as November and Last of the Famous, would really elevate the already good setlist that is currently being played.

It was his biggest hit in the US, top 40 I think.
Yes, very strange he doesn't play it more often , but he is not that fond of it, I think.

For such a classic track, and, arguably, one of his most famous solo songs, it's surprising how little Morrissey has played it live.

Having checked setlist.fm, I had forgotten that he briefly brought it back into the setlist in 2019 - the first time since 2004. Even then, it was only played three times, however.

I'm attending the Palladium show, which I can't wait for, and would love to hear it then, having never had the chance before. To add a couple more classics as well, such as November and Last of the Famous, would really elevate the already good setlist that is currently being played.
Agree, so bad he doesn't play November and Last very often, these are one of my absolute favorites. However the good thing is, some older the Smiths songs are back in the setlist.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom