"Morrissey and Violence" by Ian Kashani

Aimee writes:

Recently, Portland artist and Morrissey fan, Ian Kashani, published an essay, "Morrissey and Violence" on his website.

Link:
https://iankashani.com/morrissey-and-violence

I really enjoyed it, and thought it brought up a pretty unique perspective on the recent events involving Billy Bragg, Morrissey, and the media. I'm submitting it cause I thought it would be of interest to Morrissey fans.

Morrissey went from "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind" to "it's not your birthday anymore. There's no need to be kind to you, and the will to see you smile and belong has now gone."

Morrissey's worst nature has eclipsed his best; he's become a nasty, bitter, vindictive old coot who spouts political opinions while refusing to vote. He accuses journalists of lying and twisting his words, then gets caught out in public when they produce the transcripts. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

I'll give Morrissey this though: he is the ultimate sadist. He seduced his audience with warmth and wit, then he broke their hearts. That is a testament to his truly prodigious talent, and the depth of his dysfunction.

Such a great, great singer. Such a shame.

How does being peaceful or kind help when Manchester Arena was bombed and kids were literally ripped in a million pieces?

How does being peaceful or kind help when Manchester Arena was bombed and kids were literally ripped in a million pieces?

giphy.gif

Racist shite!!!

That tries so, so hard, but misses the goal. He doesn't mention or try to 'contextualize the comments such as 'Migrant boats mean migrant votes' or 'Don't apologise for being called a racist', amongst other recent examples. A judicious use of Occam's Razor would lead you to the obvious and correct conclusion here without trying to intellectualize it all. It's simple - Morrissey had become a racist old man, and that explains everything.

You are really leaning on "migrant boats mean migrant votes" and I am not sure the interview that quote is from is real. Morrissey never linked to it. You would think that if it was fake they would go a little further but "don't be afraid to be called a racist" really doesn't sound like him, either.
It would be funny if you were basing your campaign on something he didn't even say.
Maybe while you're wielding Occam's Razor you should think about if Morrissey gave an interview to an unknown 16 year old kid, spouted a couple of comments that don't quite sound right, and then never mentioned it anywhere. Surely if he said those things he would either say them again, but to a bigger audience, or deny them so the kid could post the evidence. I think that interview was #FakeNews but it fit the kid's agenda and it fits yours so who cares, right?

Morrissey went from .... "it's not your birthday anymore. There's no need to be kind to you, and the will to see you smile and belong has now gone."

Morrissey's worst nature has eclipsed his best; he's become a nasty, bitter, vindictive old coot who spouts political opinions while refusing to vote. He accuses journalists of lying and twisting his words, then gets caught out in public when they produce the transcripts. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

I'll give Morrissey this though: he is the ultimate sadist. He seduced his audience with warmth and wit, then he broke their hearts. That is a testament to his truly prodigious talent, and the depth of his dysfunction.

Such a great, great singer. Such a shame.
:lbf:^

Yes, Morrissey sometimes likes to sing through characters in his songs, to tell a story, it is not always him.

But this you surely knew.

:cool:

RACIST!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Funny how M and his lyrics were an enigma when his politics suited the lefties but now of course they know exactly what he intends

:lbf:^

Yes, Morrissey sometimes likes to sing through characters in his songs, to tell a story, it is not always him.

But this you surely knew.

:cool:

Yes indeed. Morrissey has always been the ultimate unreliable narrator. He's used it to great effect, and it's also been very convenient; it's always made him a tough one to pin down.

But the younger Morrissey was clever, brash and engaging; you can get away with murder if you can make 'em laugh (and if you can make 'em think).

Older Morrissey is bombastic and (finally true to his lyrics) he's got no charm. When he sings of kicking the bride down the aisle, one tends to think he (rather prosaically) means it.

Yes indeed. Morrissey has always been the ultimate unreliable narrator. He's used it to great effect, and it's also been very convenient; it's always made him a tough one to pin down.

But the younger Morrissey was clever, brash and engaging; you can get away with murder if you can make 'em laugh (and if you can make 'em think).

Older Morrissey is bombastic and (finally true to his lyrics) he's got no charm. When he sings of kicking the bride down the aisle, one tends to think he (rather prosaically) means it.

In these times, maybe it’s time to brush aside the poesy and get right to the point.

Also there’s .....

Interesting article. But Ian K needs to work on his grammar. All those it's that should be its. Tsk!

"We Hates Bad Grammar" (remember?)

Aimee writes:

Recently, Portland artist and Morrissey fan, Ian Kashani, published an essay, "Morrissey and Violence" on his website.

Link:
https://iankashani.com/morrissey-and-violence

I really enjoyed it, and thought it brought up a pretty unique perspective on the recent events involving Billy Bragg, Morrissey, and the media. I'm submitting it cause I thought it would be of interest to Morrissey fans.
Holy shit, what a puke inducing rant that was!

In these times, maybe it’s time to brush aside the poesy and get right to the point.

Also there’s .....

Yes I agree with you we don't know how much time we have left! Also there is still so much pollution in our cities. It is really sad what is happening to our environment. The beautiful "Rainforest" is still being cut down. They still want to build a third runway at "Heathrow Airport"even though London is already very polluted. People still don't care enough about animal welfare and animal rights. The government seems to put money and economics over people's lives, the animals and the environment/ecology.

I love your posts because your love for Morrissey comes through very strong in each post you write. You are a loving person who wants to do what is right.

This is an interesting video by John Botting called "Tommy Robinson Goes To Prison Again! - Ex Police Officer Speaks Out Again":

John Botting is part of the "English Democrats" political party: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Democrats

By the way I'm aware of the "Animal Welfare Party" (AWP) here in the UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Welfare_Party

The "Animal Welfare Party" (AWP) was founded in December 2006 by Jasmijn de Boo, a Dutch national, of Kennington, London, and Shaun Rutherford of Milford Haven, Wales, then known as "Animals Count!". The party was registered with the Electoral Commission on 22nd January 2007. In October 2010, the party elected a new leader, Vanessa Hudson, whose aims are to increase awareness of the party and to expand its membership. In 2013, the party changed its name from "Animals Count!" to the "Animal Welfare Party".

There are lots of small political parties here in Britain! The big 3 are of course the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib Dems.

There is a feminist party called the "Women's Equality Party": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Equality_Party

There is a Christian party called unsurprisingly the "Christian Party": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Party_(UK)

There used to be the "Animal Protection Party" here in the UK but I don't think that they exist anymore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Protection_Party

For all Billy Bragg knows Morrissey might be very aware of the "Animal Welfare Party" (AWP) here in the UK seeing as he loves animals! I think why Morrissey has chosen to support "For Britain" isn't only to do with animal rights issues. I believe that he really likes Anne Marie Waters as a person and as a politician. Anne Marie Waters is a working-class Irish feminist, a lesbian (she is openly gay), a vegan and an animal rights activist! Anne Marie Waters also supports Israel and she practices meditation. If she was really 'far-right' like people say she is she wouldn't be into those sorts of things! Anne Marie Waters supports 'Brexit' but then again that doesn't make her 'far-right' either. I actually voted to 'remain' in the EU for my sins! Anne Marie Waters is fighting for our Judeo-Christian way of life a compassionate and tolerant way of life. She is frighting to keep British law. She is fighting for freedom of speech. She is fighting against Islamic extremism, the ideology of Islamist fundamentalism, terrorism and Sharia law. I was bullied and felt threatened by an older Muslim/Arabic man so I have experienced first hand the arrogance, hatred, contempt and disdain that some of the men have for young, white, Western Christian women. The man who bullied me and stuff wasn't even a strict Muslim he was actually quite Westernised. I think he was born in England and he spoke with an English Lancashire accent, he drank alcohol, he would swear sometimes, he might of even eaten pork and non-Halal foods/drinks and he even had white non-Muslim girlfriends. I'm still dealing with the trauma of what happened to me and still living with ptsd (post-traumatic stress disorder). Sadly, it has put me off Islamic men and the Manchester/Lancashire area. I'm a Christian and I have forgiven him for what he did to me though. I have found peace and solace in my Christian faith. My Christian faith is what gets me through and sustains me.

I'm NOT a supporter of "For Britain" or of Anne Marie Waters or Tommy Robinson. I don't agree with everything that Anne Marie Waters says and does but I believe that her heart is in the right place and it is wrong to place her in with the REAL extreme 'far-right' like the likes of the BNP which I don't think exists anymore. I actually vote for the Lib Dems and I voted to stay in the EU.

I think that Morrissey is right about the "Me Too" movement in Hollywood. I admire Morrissey for supporting the Jewish State of Israel and his views about animal rights. Morrissey believes in peace and love. Morrissey wants us to live in a loving, caring, peaceful and compassionate society. A society that cares about animals. A society that cares about men, women and children. A society where it is ok to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans. A just, free, tolerant, truthful and fair society.

Roger Doltrey (the lead singer from the rock band 'The Who') and John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten) are both saying similar political things to Morrissey these days yet Billy Bragg never attacks them. Why?

Even John Cleese has recently said similar things to Morrissey. Yet Billy Bragg never attacks John Cleese. Why?

Why does Billy Bragg always attack poor Morrissey never anyone else in the public eye?

Another thing which worries me about Billy Bragg is his anti-Semitic views. I think that Billy Bragg is being hypocritical.

The sycophants around here are already in “black-face” from dwelling up his shit-tube so, perhaps they could do some kind of choir/chorus thing? Could be a great kick-start to the upcoming, off-strip Vegas residency!

Just imagine... a shitstain choir - fresh from his anus - singing in discordant harmony, while Stephen Yaxley-Lennon attempts a cage escape. Toss in Anne Marie Waters as the clown, to entertain the kids. SER is obviously tasked with providing pre-show imaging - particularly where fonts are required. ...and in case you may think I’ve forgotten about the band. I have not. The current crop won’t do, even for The Dresden Room. We need someone who can handle the solo work, the Smiths covers AND the rest of the covers. Morrissey needs Marty and Elayne, if he really wants to take this shit to the next level.

This is pure brilliance. Might even run past 65 minutes. ...perhaps even 90, with an intermission for fresh cashmere changes and a Kerrygold break!

If we can get him to ramp-up interest with 4-5 cancellations between now and then, I do believe we have the making of a proper spectacle here. Let’s make it happen!!!!

Morrissey is on the upswing again! Bless his blackened, dead soul.

When you're so desperate to rail against racist old Morriesy that you compare the skin tone of black people to actual shit.

When you're so desperate to rail against racist old Morriesy that you compare the skin tone of black people to actual shit.

Brilliant analysis. Just another case of the woke-left practicing their love and tolerance towards all, especially peoples of color that shall in no way be referred to as the color of excrement.

We have new higher standards now in this brave age. Forget about the fact this insinuation of shit-color was intolerable in the previous paradigm and the one before that. Because those times were racist!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom