Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea that you'd even need a presale link for Leeds and London is pretty amusing. If the UK shows go ahead there will be touts practically giving tickets away on the day.

great news that morrissey is planning to come to germany again. not sure though, whether the time of year is convenient with early march having the highest flu infection rate of the year. you can get seriously sick in literally every single public place, even in hotel rooms or simply when touching money, not to mention a hand.
i remember early march back in 2015 when i contracted the swine flu on a plane - or was it a rented bus? - to paris.

three or four weeks later though, everything is back to normal, and it's also the beginning of the easter holiday season, with folks havin time and money to travel longer distances, e.g. to go to a concert with fam and friends, people are so much more relaxed and cheerful this time of year, i.e. early april.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the least risky live option for Steve.
Huge shows are much harder to disrupt than theatre-size venues.
Over the post Quarry years, his live audience in London has been around 25,000 people.
Wembley holds 12,500 so even if he's lost half the fan-base, it should still be pretty full.
Personally, I won't be going, though, until/unless he retracts his official support for a right-wing political party (whether For Britain/First Britain/Conservatives/UKIP etc.). Unfortunately, I suspect there are many others out there who feel similarly.
Please Mr Morrissey - just do the decent thing. These are precious times.

Friday 6th March Leeds
Love Music Hate racism.
One-Nation-Under-A-Groove.

Come on Dave Haslam :clap: lets be having the venue please.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Have we started the Cancellation Reason Sweepstake yet? I'll have my fiver on 'band illness,' please.

Plus he doesn't have the fanbase to fill these huge atmosphere-free enormodomes in the UK anymore anyway, so they'll either be cancelled like last time, or be half empty. You'll be better off getting tickets for the French shows, and popping over the Channel. I'm done with Morrissey in the UK until he starts playing decent venues again.

He usually plays to around 25,000 in London on each tour (across several venues). Wembley is 12,500 so even with losing half the fan-base it would still be reasonably full. If it isn't, we'll know he's lost even more...

Have we started the Cancellation Reason Sweepstake yet? I'll have my fiver on 'band illness,' please.

The Guardian newspaper is firm favourite.
Reckon they’re gonna buy shitloads of tickets and fill the performance with protesters like they did in Portland.

great news that morrissey is planning to come to germany again. not sure though, whether the time of year is convenient with early march having the highest flu infection rate of the year. you can get seriously sick in literally every single public place, even in hotel rooms or simply when touching money, not to mention a hand.
i remember early march back in 2015 when i contracted the swine flu on a plane - or was it a rented bus? - to paris.

three or four weeks later though, everything is back to normal, and it's also the beginning of the easter holiday season, with folks havin time and money to travel longer distances, e.g. to go to a concert with fam and friends, people are so much more relaxed and cheerful this time of year, i.e. early april.

Morrissey once claimed a gig was cancelled because Kristeen Young gave him the cold. Now he can blame the entire nation of Germany if the Cologne gig is pulled.

He usually plays to around 25,000 in London on each tour (across several venues). Wembley is 12,500 so even with losing half the fan-base it would still be reasonably full. If it isn't, we'll know he's lost even more...
He might be OK with London, not sure, but Leeds looks a bit ambitious.

Over the post Quarry years, his live audience in London has been around 25,000 people.
Wembley holds 12,500 so even if he's lost half the fan-base, it should still be pretty full.
Personally, I won't be going, though, until/unless he retracts his official support for a right-wing political party (whether For Britain/First Britain/Conservatives/UKIP etc.). Unfortunately, I suspect there are many others out there who feel similarly.

f*** off you dreary little man, skinny - so if he announces he's now pro-Labour you'll want to go?
Nobody apart from a loon would choose labour...didn't you see the last GE?
FFS you are the thickest piece of shit going.
Please Mr Skinny - just do the right thing. f*** right off.

IDIOT.

Guess the plan is to only announce 2 UK concerts at the moment to see how the sales reaction is
Cant stand arena shows so will give these a miss, plus I dont fancy standing in the same room as a lot of Morrissey's new fanbase. Particularly those ones running the Tommy Robinson merchandise stall

He might be OK with London, not sure, but Leeds looks a bit ambitious.

He couldn’t fill Castlefield Bowl in his hometown Manchester.
Two weekend dates in the middle of summer :laughing:

These dates are still listed as “Postponed”
Come on Steve time to face the music get your bulbous backside back to Manchester there’s unfinished business with the home crowd.
Andy Burnham is willing to announce “Morrissey Day” specially for him.
I reckon we could persuade him to let Steve lead the pride march as well this year.

The only major left-wing party is engulfed in a racism row & got decimated in the election. He supports Scottish Independence, he said he didn't vote for UKIP or Brexit & he endorsed Anne Marie Waters under the impression that she would unite left & right (which is balls, but at least it wasn't a horrible reason).

Punishing someone so at odds with nearly everything, seems harsh.

But it does seem to be a thing.

Guess the plan is to only announce 2 UK concerts at the moment to see how the sales reaction is
Cant stand arena shows so will give these a miss, plus I dont fancy standing in the same room as a lot of Morrissey's new fanbase. Particularly those ones running the Tommy Robinson merchandise stall

He hasn't got a new fanbase on the right (centre to far), they're confused by him. Laurence Fox is getting more of them just by being snarky on Twitter.

There is potential for some very ugly scenes when The Guardian protesters clash with the Tommy Robinson mob.
#NoThanks

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom