Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - TTY

Press release: Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - true-to-you.net

11 November 2012

It's rare these days to see a hyper-literate artist succeed as an over-the-top entertainer.
His band is top-notch.

- Billboard

Morrissey Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
Including Additional Cities

After nine shows in the Northeast this fall, Morrissey will continue his North American tour beginning in Greenvale, Long Island, NY, on January 9th and ending in Portland, Ore., on March 8th. The 32-city tour includes a date at the Staples Center with special guests Patti Smith and her band, as well as his first performance at Brooklyn Academy of Music in NYC. As always, Morrissey will perform greatest hits from his legendary catalog as well as new unreleased songs. Tickets for the rescheduled dates will go on sale on Monday, November 12th. Tickets for the added dates will go on sale on Friday, November 16th. Consult your local ticket outlet for more information. Any dates not rescheduled have been omitted due to lack of venue availability.

Morrissey is recognized as one of the most prominent artists of his generation and is an idol for people around the world. Pitchfork has called him "one of the most singular figures in Western popular culture from the last twenty years." Morrissey's influence can be seen and felt throughout the music of countless artists who have noted him as their inspiration.

Morrissey 2013 North American Tour Dates

1/9 Greenvale, NY @ Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
1/11 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
1/12 Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues Atlantic City
1/16 North Bethesda, MD @ Strathmore
1/18 Reading, PA @ Sovereign Performing Arts Center
1/19 Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre
1/21 Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Hall
1/22 Columbus. OH @ LC Indoor Pavilion
1/24 Flint, MI @ The Whiting
1/25 Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
1/26 Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater
1/28 Asheville, NC @ Orange Peel
1/29 Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
1/31 Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center for the Performing Arts
2/2 Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
2/5 Clear Lake, IA @ Surf Ballroom
2/6 Lincoln, NE @ Rococo Theatre
2/9 Las Vegas, NV @ The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
2/10 Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
2/12 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
2/13 Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
2/15 Pharr, TX @ Pharr Events Center
2/16 Beaumont, TX @ Jefferson Theater
2/18 Dallas, TX @ Palladium
2/21 Denver, CO @ Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
2/22 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kingsbury Hall
2/24 San Francisco, CA @ Davies Symphony Hall
3/1 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
3/2 Sparks, NV @ John Ascuaga's Nugget - Rose Ballroom
3/4 Davis, CA @ Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis
3/6 Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
3/8 Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Patti Smith and her band will be special guests at the Staples Center show. Kristeen Young will open on all nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you hear that? I was told that new tickets must be purchased and got a refund.

Directly from Ticketmaster:

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your postponed event has now been rescheduled, and has a new venue:

Morrissey
Ellie Caulkins Opera House New venue: Temple Buell Theatre!
Originally: Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 8PM
New date: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8pm

New location:
[section, row, seat]
[section, row, seat]

To claim the new seats and get your new tickets, just reply to this email with your Ticketmaster order #[number] by Monday December 3, 2012 at 5pm Eastern. We’ll be happy to send your tickets by the same delivery method you used the first time at no additional charge.

1/24 Flint, MI @ The Whiting
1/25 Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
1/26 Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater

Three nights in a row... been years since he has done that.

And I'm sure the fans in Chicago will find out why. Good luck with that.

So, I got my Reading, PA tickets. The seats aren't too bad, but they aren't pit. If anyone is desperate enough, come to Reading. The show isn't anywhere near sold out. Of course, they aren't the best seats, but who knows what will happen...

Earlier this year I bought two tickets from Ticketmaster for the May 25th Bakersfield CA show (my b-day is May 26) and I got front row center, pit tickets, I was so happy. I live in Salt Lake City, so I flew out to see the show. This venue had placed folding chairs over the orchestra pit, four rows of chairs, wire tied together.

When we arrived at the venue Kristeen was on stage and we tried to get to our seats but there was just a mob of people at the front. We decided to go back to the lobby to wait for her to finish, however right after she finishes they start to play the video montage, so there is never a “quite” moment to sort out the seat issue.

We walked up to the front and the usher/bouncer said we were in the front, so we tried to shimmy down the front of the stage to no avail, then we sent back a few rows and walked to the middle thinking we could jump a couple of rows especially once security saw my ticket. All the chairs had been broken apart and pushed to the side and this “reserved pit” became a GA mosh pit. I got about two people back from the front, security would not make eye contact with me and when I yelled “I have found row tickets” at least three people around me said “we all have front row tickets”

Then I noticed a bloke next to me giving his ticket to others outside of the pit, to get them past security, meaning that the pit had more people in it then tickets sold.

I ended up staying in the “3rd” row and enjoying the show from a close distance, I even got my hand on one of his shirts, although I was eventually bit and had to let go.

My advice, is if you have front row or pit tickets, even in a seated venue, get there early. There are “fans” who are f***ers and do not care that you scored your tickets fare and square.

The kicker is that same bloke giving away his ticket was at the next nights show in Stockton CA, where I was up in the balcony, he was again in the pit and this time he got on stage. It’s like a game, not an experience.

My first Morrissey show was in 1991, I have been to 25 shows since. In the past 7 or so years I have been able to travel a bit and see him more. I have never been on the front row of a show. I was one person back at the Zephyr Club in SLC back in 2002.

Thank you for your advice. I will heed your warning and make sure I am there when doors open so I can claim my spot. I have been in plenty of GA mosh puts where I had to fight to maintain my spot but I hope it doesn't come that.

It seems there is a coterie of obsessed Morrissey fans who feel they own Morrissey and they want to keep him all to themselves. They don't want to give anyone else a chance to be in the front, get a handshake, have a shot at the shirt or make a possible stage invasion for a hug. I was in the front row for the Radio City, New York show this past October. I paid a ridiculous amount on StubHub for my seat. Luckily, security only allowed those of us who had a front row ticket to approach the stage. It sucks that security had to police the pit, but greedy fans make this necessary.

I can only hope that the upcoming Moz shows I am attending are as amazing as the ones I attended when Moz was in NY this past fall.

Thanks again for the advice.

you poor thing

Me 2! :)

What an evening that will be!
Morrissey live in concert!
Kristeen young live in concert!
Patti smith live in concert!
3 stars for the price of one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I just KNEW morrissey and kristeen would be good friends with patti smith - the outspoken punk princcess herself - just knew it! :)
I bet they all hang out 2gether and have a few drinks ect!
Reckon kristeen is a bacardi and coke kinds gal, patti smiths posion being a vodka and coke, and morrissey probably a red wine man or pint of larger!
Wouldnt it be wonderfull 2 meet them all in a bar!
And then "MIDNITE" would walk in and they would all smile warmly at me and we would exchange hugs and then share a few laughs and giggles! LOL :) and chat away till the early hours of the morning!
But I just wouldnt know which one 2 talk with the most !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :) ;)

Ive a feeling tho that me kristeen would just "click" :)

that was simply painful to read. at best moz and patti would laugh at you, hiss in your general direction, and carry on hopng that you and kristeen would walk out.... and into traffic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom