Morrissey biopic "England Is Mine" to close Edinburgh Film Festival (July 2, 2017)

Morrissey biopic ‘England is Mine’ to close Edinburgh Film Festival - eNews Channel Africa

Ben also sends the link:

The Smiths new film 'England Is Mine' to close Edinburgh International Film Festival - Music-News.com

Edinburgh International Film Festival is delighted to announce that ENGLAND IS MINE will close the 71st edition of the Festival on Sunday 2nd July, 2017 at Festival Theatre, Edinburgh.

ENGLAND IS MINE takes audiences back to 1970s Manchester, where Steven Morrissey (Jack Lowden – Dunkirk, A United Kingdom, ’71), an introverted, uncompromising teenager, finds himself frustrated with his working-class existence.

With dreams of a successful music career being dampened by his run-of-the-mill job at the local tax office, Steven finds solace in the city’s underground gig scene where he meets Linder Sterling (Jessica Brown Findlay – Downton Abbey, The Riot Club) – an intelligent, self-assured artist – who encourages him to make his ideas of superstardom a reality.

Culminating in his first meeting with Johnny Marr, ENGLAND IS MINE, is a feature length biopic based on the early life of Morrissey, the outspoken former lead singer of seminal British band The Smiths. The film is directed by Academy Award® and BAFTA Award nominee Mark Gill (The Voorman Problem) and produced by Baldwin Li (The Voorman Problem) and Orian Williams (Control). Key cast will be in attendance on Closing night.

EIFF Artistic Director Mark Adams said: “Morrissey is one of Britain’s most iconic artists, and this delve into his formative years is a witty and enthralling look at a great music talent. The world premiere of ENGLAND IS MINE will be a perfect way to wrap this year’s Festival.”

Tickets will go on sale at 10 am on Friday 12 May through the EIFF website. For more information visit www.edfilmfest.org.uk.

Famous when dead also posted the link:

Morrissey biopic to close Edinburgh film festival - BBC News

40041__96014996_morrisseyone.jpg

Jessica Brown Findlay plays Linder Sterling, an artist who encourages Morrissey

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just realized...
Did someone throw a mosquito net over this site in the last couple months?
Benny wotsits seems to be gone (runs for cover).

I've just realized...

He gave up.
The Mozbots have beaten him! :)

Probably cringworthy , no one can be Morrissey, but it will be good publicity for him.

i might go to it as im only an hour from Edinburgh and been to the film festival a few times.its a big deal to be closing a festival,its like a headliner at a music festival.

gives me a giggle to think this is actually going through.

Must be difficult being a living icon. Though I guess one could just play dead and ignore this fiction masquerading as a biopic. Yes I know they'll exercise poetic license, but will it be poetry?

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread
:laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
This is bull ox! That fooking boke looks like Harry Potter not the Mayor of Malibu Steve Morrissey. I reckon Uncle Steve really has become a "lazy sunbather" half a world away in LA inn nn it. Reckon all his high powered attorneys in Century City were more excited than a Brit/Euro at the New York Yankees team store in New York to stop this release. Reckon out of sight, out of mind. Where the fook is Edenburrow?

I've just realized...

He says he's 'Just waiting in the wings', but what he meant to say was... just waiting under his bridge.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread
:laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
This is bull ox! That fooking boke looks like Harry Potter not the Mayor of Malibu Steve Morrissey. I reckon Uncle Steve really has become a "lazy sunbather" half a world away in LA inn nn it. Reckon all his high powered attorneys in Century City were more excited than a Brit/Euro at the New York Yankees team store in New York to stop this release. Reckon out of sight, out of mind. Where the fook is Edenburrow?

In Scotland, or as you prefer hobbits land!
No. Actually it is In GREAT Brit tain. :)
Didn't you follow your geography lessons at highschool?
Or does the US think this isn't of any import even if they could know America is NOT the world? :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the sequel:

"Morrissey: The Prenatal Methamphetamine Exposure Years"

Last edited:
I hope they invite him to watch a copy at home before a zillion people ask him questions about it. What a nightmare to have a movie made about your personal life while you're alive and have nobody reference YOU about it. Fame sucks ass.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom