Morrissey bowling thread

Anything that involves rented shoes is out of the question for me, personally.

Add to that the smell of feet in the air, the pointless throwing of a ball (yes, I dislike most sports though), the inserting of one's fingers into the holes in the ball (God knows what germs lurk in there.), the greasy food they sell and the large amounts of flannel worn by the patrons and you have yourself something terribly off-putting there.

But I'm a snob, so.
That's why you buy your own bowling shoes and ball. Also pretzels KICK ASS.

Add to that the smell of feet in the air, the pointless throwing of a ball (yes, I dislike most sports though), the inserting of one's fingers into the holes in the ball (God knows what germs lurk in there.), the greasy food they sell and the large amounts of flannel worn by the patrons and you have yourself something terribly off-putting there.

But I'm a snob, so.

Indeed, you are. Bring hand sanitizer and check your attitude at the door. My kids love going bowling, and two games precisely equal the length of their attention spans, so it's a win both ways.

The alley we go to has automatic bumpers, you choose whether you want the bumpers for each player, and they pop up automatically when it's their turn. Plus, the computer does all the scoring, so all you have to do is play.

Lighten up, Missy. :D

i am a huge snob but i still like bowling,who cares who is there,who cares about the food,i am a vegan,i doubt there is anything vegan about the place,but to actually bowl, is a whole lot of fun.

then again,i do like putting my fingers in holes.:p

sorry,i had to go there.

Last edited:
i ama huge snob but i still like bowling,who cars who is there,who cares about the food,i am a vegan,i doubt there is anything vegan about the place,but to actually bowl, is a whole lot of fun.

then again,i do like putting my fingers in holes.:p

sorry,i had to go there.

As do I, my dear.

And you know, oddly enough I did try to bowl recently. It was only the second time in my life since the first had been so unpleasant for me. I was miserable. For all the reasons I listed. I'm just not meant to bowl.

Also, it just wasn't fun for me. D:

But to each his own.

Indeed, you are. Bring hand sanitizer and check your attitude at the door. My kids love going bowling, and two games precisely equal the length of their attention spans, so it's a win both ways.

The alley we go to has automatic bumpers, you choose whether you want the bumpers for each player, and they pop up automatically when it's their turn. Plus, the computer does all the scoring, so all you have to do is play.

Lighten up, Missy. :D

I've tried. I hate it. There will be no lightening up. Euugh. Just imagining having to go bowling makes me feel drained. I feel similarly about about mini-golf.

Though I really would like to see Morrissey playing mini-golf for some reason.

As do I, my dear.

And you know, oddly enough I did try to bowl recently. It was only the second time in my life since the first had been so unpleasant for me. I was miserable. For all the reasons I listed. I'm just not meant to bowl.

But to each his own.

this is true,whatever floats your boat.:)

But I'm a snob, so.

i love bowling alley french fries. so delicious. i like to drench my b.a.f.f's with a generous amount of high fructose corn syrup enhanced tomato catsup.

i do agree about the holes in the ball and that is why i like the small balls.

but how about during the zexy ? are you too disgusted to insert your fingies into your partners bum bum? to make them feel yum yum?

:p

you know what is the best game ever?

topless paddle ball by the seashore.

excellent fun.

I've tried. I hate it. There will be no lightening up. Euugh. Just imagining having to go bowling makes me feel drained. I feel similarly about about mini-golf.

Though I really would like to see Morrissey playing mini-golf for some reason.

I felt that way until one of my kids was invited to a bowling birthday party and I saw how much fun he had. It's not about me, anyway, it's not like I'd go bowling on a date or anything.

I'm with you on the mini-golf. For some reason, I have only ever gone mini-golfing when it is approximately 105 degrees outside, and I really don't believe I'm exaggerating there.

I felt that way until one of my kids was invited to a bowling birthday party and I saw how much fun he had. It's not about me, anyway, it's not like I'd go bowling on a date or anything.

I'm with you on the mini-golf. For some reason, I have only ever gone mini-golfing when it is approximately 105 degrees outside, and I really don't believe I'm exaggerating there.

i have a great love for mini golf but no one enjoys going with me because i also enjoy real golf and will generally destroy whomever i play.
i am still undefeated.:D

i love bowling alley french fries. so delicious. i like to drench my b.a.f.f's with a generous amount of high fructose corn syrup enhanced tomato catsup.

i do agree about the holes in the ball and that is why i like the small balls.

but how about during the zexy ? are you too disgusted to insert your fingies into your partners bum bum? to make them feel yum yum?

:p

Yum yum bum is an altogether different matter.

Maybe if the bowling ball bought me dinner and spoke sweetly to me first.

oye and osci, can we make it a 3-some? I LOVE bowling and mini-golf!! :D
Bowling alleys aren't for everyone. The fact that it is so redneckish is what makes it so much fun. ;) And don't even get me started on cosmic bowling...:guitar: :cool:

oye and osci, can we make it a 3-some? I LOVE bowling and mini-golf!! :D
Bowling alleys aren't for everyone. The fact that it is so redneckish is what makes it so much fun. ;) And don't even get me started on cosmic bowling...:guitar: :cool:

Most definitely. :cool: (you're guaranteed to at least place in second place, myself being in third.)

it's very redneckish, that would explain why the town I live in has an actual bowling team. :p

i know many a poor bowler that still love to play , bowling is really a lot of fun, and can be quite enjoyable for many outings, with drunk friends at 2 am or makes for a fun date.

i like bowling.

I have had fun bowling. Even on a night that things are not falling the way they should. I have had fun bowling.

I still think this is an inappropriate thread for this area though.

But I'm a snob, so.

You aren't invited out much are you?

The alley where we go has kids' bowling leagues... I know a five year old who has his own shoes and ball.

But really, the kids think cosmic bowling is the coolest thing ever, and if a few blacklights and a disco ball have that much potential to make someone happy... how can you pass that up?

As do I, my dear.

But to each his own.

Unpleasant was dislocating my elbow while landing funny doing the long jump in 8th grade. THAT was unpleasant. Bowling does not even compare even remotely close to unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom