Morrissey Broadway residency box office - Forbes, Playbill

Morrissey Follows Springsteen To Broadway Box Office Lucre - Forbes

Excerpt:

With Bruce Springsteen's record-breaking Rialto residence as a template, recording artist Morrissey made his Broadway debut last week - and earned more money than almost any traditional musical on the docket.

Over seven performances, the English singer-songwriter grossed a whopping $1.88 million, with the average seat going for $186 a pop. The only shows on Broadway to rake in more were Hamilton ($3.13m) and The Lion King ($2.04m).

The stint, titled simply Morrissey, wasn't technically a song-and-dance musical. It was more of a straight concert in the vein of the singer's 40-year touring career, transplanted to Broadway's intimate Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. The gig is the first in a series called In Residence On Broadway, each featuring a different artist in the 1,500-seat house, produced by LiveNation, EBG, and The Araca Group.

The venture follows in the footsteps of Springsteen's sold-out Broadway bow, which grossed $113 million over 14 months. Seats for that show, which was a bit more fleshed-out than a pure concert, went for over $500 each, with prices on the secondary market leaping to $40,000 (!) during the final week.

5CECC7A6-7756-41A8-BE8F-34F876A82921.jpeg

Also posted by BookishBoy:

Grosses Analysis: Morrissey Kicks Off In Residence on Broadway Series With Solid Showing - Playbill

Excerpt:

British singer-songwriter Morrissey took the stage at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre for seven performances May 2–11 as the inaugural act of the In Residence on Broadway series at the venue this summer. The Smiths frontman grossed a total of $1,881,374—92.32 percent of its potential—playing to an audience at 96.4 percent capacity.

The series will next host Yanni, followed by Mel Brooks, Regina Spektor, Criss Angel, and the Beatles tribute Rain.

Click here for an in-depth look at this week's grosses.

Morrissey Sings $1.9M Tune At Lunt-Fontanne; Total Broadway Weekly Box Office Hits $37M - Deadline. Link posted by SuburbanChic.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Smiths frontman grossed a total of $1,881,374"

Will probably be divided into the following:

Morrissey:$1,200,000
Boz, Tobias & Gustavo:$200,000 each
Matt:$80,000
Mando:$1374.00

Maybe but there’s also crew travel and of course the tax man cometh

THIS :thumb:
British singer-songwriter Morrissey took the stage at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre for seven performances May 2–11 as the inaugural act of the In Residence on Broadway series at the venue this summer. The Smiths frontman grossed a total of $1,881,374—92.32 percent of its potential—playing to an audience at 96.4 percent capacity.

Of course there’s expenses, but deservedly Morrissey will get the largest percentage.

:)

"The Smiths frontman grossed a total of $1,881,374 ...", so this is gross revenue, not net profit. Also, it's not entirely clear if this figure includes ticket and merchandise sales or ticket sales alone. Presumably, crew costs, venue rental fees, etc. would come out of this ... so it's hard to guess what the actual take home profit is... but still quite impressive!

Last edited:
Seems a bit, have another go at Morrissey, what does it matter what money was generated, the residency was a success, many people have loved it, even those who didn’t attend, some of the videos are immense. As far as I’m concerned Morrissey deserves it, a total one off singer, their won’t be another Morrissey.

Some great facts and figures there, well done Morrissey!

All of that money and we barely got a hour and half of music. And not even the last night which was only 19 songs at about a hour and 25 minutes.

Count yourself lucky. Back in 1997 Morrissey was playing 14 or 15 songs in shows that lasted 50 minutes! :lbf:

And don't forget all the animals that will be saved!:thumb:
Rubbish.

How, exactly, will a single animal be saved by Morrissey’s appropriation of their plight - for his own personal gain? Please, do tell! A single example will do just nicely, thank you.

...and the f***ing goof won’t even make good on 30 year old, court ordered payments. He fled from his own native country to avoid paying obvious debts to those who helped to make him what he was.

THIS is who he is now and always has been. A fake-ass, narcissistic clown.

All the hypocrites, slags and ball-washers who attended these shows did was buy the bullshit, dole out their allowance and pay Morrissey’s overdue tax bill.

Do it every year then

...or, since the personal well has run completely dry, carry on with the Pat Boone musical thing. Add the piece of shit record player, coffee mugs, over-priced garbage t-shirts, extra tracks, tacky badges, etc...

You’ll keep buying and he’ll be settled up with Mike Joyce and the IRS in no time.

people forget after tonight he isn't working again till September,im sure most people on here would be livid if they were told they had no work for the next four months.Ms got a zero hours contract.

I wonder if he got a cut of the bar. I ordered a double grey goose the first night it was 20 bucks or something so imagine my shock the 2nd night when I was charged almost 40 and told “they must have made a mistake”

(I snuck my own in after that. If someone can gift him a bottle of crystal, I figured I was good)

I wonder if he got a cut of the bar. I ordered a double grey goose the first night it was 20 bucks or something so imagine my shock the 2nd night when I was charged almost 40 and told “they must have made a mistake”

(I snuck my own in after that. If someone can gift him a bottle of crystal, I figured I was good)
It’s “Cristal”.

He’ll enjoy that over-priced piss, no doubt...

https://qz.com/293456/how-a-racist-remark-led-to-jay-zs-newest-investment-champagne/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom