Morrissey "California Son" posters removed from Liverpool train stations

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
"You know that thing he said was so racist"
"What was that?"
"He's racist that's what!" "What are you racist too, because you dont think he's racist"
"My life depends on how many racist people I can catch in the act. I have no job, education, friends....LIFE"

:lbf:

If you’re correct, then... let’s see the math ! And proof of tickets that would have sold a few years ago and proof of tickets sold for his last planned UK tour.

We’ll be waiting patiently for the answer.

You just f***ing refute every anti-Morrissey post without making a valid counter claim. Small minded blind fanatic.

Someone's going to end up the scapegoat for Brexit, and Liverpool is probably not a bad bet.

Though personally I think it's pretty obvious it will be Muslims.
Muslims and scousers are the same thing but muslims are better dressed.

You just f***ing refute every anti-Morrissey post without making a valid counter claim. Small minded blind fanatic.

OMG ! :ahhh::drama:

A Morrissey fan on a Morrissey fan site refutes every anti-Morrissey post! :fearscream:

Will wonders never cease?!

:cool:

You’re a f***ing shadow puppet. Bet you’re vegan just because he is. If he scoffed a Big Mac tomorrow you would follow suit

^:crazy::lbf:

I’ve been vegan since 95. I talked about my vegan diet with him once, he was very interested, but I could see he wasn’t ready himself at that time to become vegan, or have a vegan diet.

Wait you just posted that ‘Christianity is generally about love and kindness.’

If that is so.,, then why would they call someone’s choice in sexual partners a sin ?

Christianity = NOT very loving OR kind.

Sodomy is an act of sin. Being "gay" isn't a sin but the concept in Christianity is that identifying as gay is identifying yourself by your sins

Many of us would rather Morrissey not to support For Britain, but unfortunately that won't change. So here we have again the debate about how to separate the artist from the politics. I have been a Morrissey fan since 1984 and I don't feel so excited anymore when I see a poster of him as I used to feel some years ago. I understand the frustration and reasons of the computer in particular. However, the poster is not transmitting any political message, simply publicising his new record. So, I find the reaction a bit over the top to be honest.

I don't want to separate anything. I take the artist and I take the man who thinks and talks his mind. If it happens I eventually don't agree with something he says I just tolerate and respect his personal views on different matters, just as I do with another people in my personal life. Morrissey is not the one with the problem here. The problem resides in people who can't tolerate another people who have different opinions on certain matters. It is shameful this is happening in year 2019. Following this path of intolerance to different points of view we are coming back to fascism and totalitarianism, which is utterly dangerous.

Many of us would rather Morrissey not to support For Britain, but unfortunately that won't change. So here we have again the debate about how to separate the artist from the politics. I have been a Morrissey fan since 1984 and I don't feel so excited anymore when I see a poster of him as I used to feel some years ago. I understand the frustration and reasons of the computer in particular. However, the poster is not transmitting any political message, simply publicising his new record. So, I find the reaction a bit over the top to be honest.

You would rather Morrissey did not support For Britain but he has his reasons. So how about you? Can you make an argument against Nationalism?

Christianity is generally about love and kindness. The Church of England welcomes gays. Even the Catholic Church welcome those they consider sinners. Jesus welcomed those who sinned.
In your world, only Christians and Christianity contain nuance. All Muslims are the same and they blindly follow a completely two-dimensional version of Islam.

Is that already censorship or just when the posters and records are getting burned?

Just curious..... I’m living in a different world.

Sodomy is an act of sin. Being "gay" isn't a sin but the concept in Christianity is that identifying as gay is identifying yourself by your sins

Yes all Christians are sinners, and so no better than the ones they judge and call sinners.

Very strange, especially when you take into consideration the biblical phrase....

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.’

:cool:

Or just look at album & singles sales figures. Or a quick scan on twitter or the dozens of Facebook smiths pages. His fans are turning on him left, right, and centre. there’s prob hundreds of members on here that don’t even bother logging in no more and have long since given up on Morrissey.

there’s prob hundreds of members on here that don’t even bother logging in no more and have long since given up on Morrissey.’

there’s also possibly many members on here that don’t even bother logging in anymore and have long since given up on solo because of members like you throwing around generalizations like ‘the thousands of lifelong fans that are now boycotting his stuff’ because of his political views in Britain.

Now, I never said there was not thousands, hundreds, millions,etc

I just think we would like some substantial proof rather then guessing
from comments on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Folks on the internet are known to lie ya know.

Last edited:
Tags
california son info
Back
Top Bottom