Morrissey "California Son" posters removed from Liverpool train stations

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait you just posted that ‘Christianity is generally about love and kindness.’

If that is so.,, then why would they call someone’s choice in sexual partners a sin ?

Christianity = NOT very loving OR kind.

The big difference here is, even if some more traditional orthodox Christians have an issue with people being gay, they don't actually think it should be made illegal or actually think that gay people should be executed for their sexual orientation. BIG difference there when we are debating what 'tolerance' equates to in practical terms. Also, Christians are now the most persecuted religious group globally and are being murdered by Muslims globally. That's a fact.

Now equally we can say, 'Well not all Muslims want to kill and execute gay people.' and that is also a fact. But being very opposed to homosexuality is a standard Muslim point of view. It's not tolerant. I have a good friend who grew up and lives in the Middle East and she wants to get away from there as fast as she can because it's culturally so intolerant towards LGBT people. She tells me this herself. She has told me if you are gay it's really hard or near impossible to find employment. That level of bigotry exists as a norm.

Most Christian countries have evolved over time and have progressed culturally and have become more tolerant. They are also secular. So gay rights have been championed and gains made, same as rights for women and so on. These are all cultural advances we don't see in Muslim dominated societies.

The big difference here is, even if some more traditional orthodox Christians have an issue with people being gay, they don't actually think it should be made illegal or actually think that gay people should be executed for their sexual orientation. BIG difference there when we are debating what 'tolerance' equates to in practical terms. Also, Christians are now the most persecuted religious group globally and are being murdered by Muslims globally. That's a fact.

Now equally we can say, 'Well not all Muslims want to kill and execute gay people.' and that is also a fact. But being very opposed to homosexuality is a standard Muslim point of view. It's not tolerant. I have a good friend who grew up and lives in the Middle East and she wants to get away from there as fast as she can because it's culturally so intolerant towards LGBT people. She tells me this herself. She has told me if you are gay it's really hard or near impossible to find employment. That level of bigotry exists as a norm.

Yes, But this has little to do with my post. I’m talking about the right to judge others, not comparing religions.

Though, in regards to your post, I do hope your friend will find herself in a better situation soon.

Yes all Christians are sinners, and so no better than the ones they judge and call sinners.

Very strange, especially when you take into consideration the biblical phrase....

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.’

:cool:

I feel like you're conflating two ideas. You can recognize something as a sin without casting judgement or persecuting the sinner

I feel like you're conflating two ideas. You can recognize something as a sin without casting judgement or persecuting the sinner

To single someone or something out as a sin is a act of judgement, a persecution that has consequences.

All religions are patriarchal and based around lots of constructed ideas and concepts that you should adhere to, to be a 'good' servant and to be acceptable in your particular God's eyes. It's completely ridiculous. Some lay out worse punishments than others if you 'slip up'.

The concept of 'sin' is an abstraction. It's a construct. It's self-imposed guilt.

Last edited:
Acknowledging homosexuality as a sin doesn't mean the "sinner" needs to be persecuted

But ‘acknowledging’ is judging. You are forming an opinion that colors and dictates your actions in the world.

And those actions however small, large, or unconscious you are of them, can and usually lead to mistreatment of others, which is
called.. persecution.

But ‘acknowledging’ is judging. You are forming an opinion that colors and dictates your actions in the world.

And those actions however small, large, or unconscious you are of them, can and usually lead to mistreatment of others, which is
called.. persecution.

Every single belief system is guilty of your standard of judging. Otherwise we're talking chaos. However ,judging(by your definition) doesn't equal not loving ,which was your original point.

Every single belief system is guilty of your standard of judging. Otherwise we're talking chaos. However ,judging(by your definition) doesn't equal not loving ,which was your original point.

Yes but in my (non-religious always changing and growing) belief system,
I don’t view judging as a sin.

Neither does Christianity. Casting stones is not about judging , it's about punishing or persecuting which is the point of that verse

Before you cast, you are forming an opinion of what is wrong and right, you are judging someone or thing as wrong, casting the stone, persecuting.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand and accept.

Before you cast, you are forming an opinion of what is wrong and right, you are judging someone or thing as wrong, casting the stone, persecuting.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand and accept.

It's not difficult to understand but you said that judging sin(by the same definition that you judge) means Christianity is not loving. I disagree with that

It's not difficult to understand but you said that judging sin(by the same definition that you judge) means Christianity is not loving. I disagree with that

I don’t believe when someone judges another’s sexual preference or proclivities (that is different than their own) as wrong or sinful is loving or kind.

I don’t believe when someone judges another’s sexual preference or proclivities (that is different than their own) as wrong or sinful is loving or kind.

According to the Bible, the Creator has deemed it as unnatural and sinful. If you love someone, you desire for them to not do things harmful to their soul or body. You might not agree with that but if you believe in God's word, setting a moral guideline is Love. Just as a parent guides, sets rules and judges their children for their benefit and growth..Besides all that there are health risks associated with homosexuality in the practical sense , even if you think the spiritual aspect is complete nonsense

That’s enough for me.

good luck though.

:lbf:

According to the Bible, the Creator has deemed it as unnatural and sinful. If you love someone, you desire for them to not do things harmful to their soul or body. You might not agree with that but if you believe in God's word, setting a moral guideline is Love. Just as a parent guides, sets rules and judges their children for their benefit and growth..Besides all that there are health risks associated with homosexuality in the practical sense , even if you think the spiritual aspect is complete nonsense

:cool:

I will say it again. Morrissey is finished here in the UK. People have had enough.

Sodomy is an act of sin. Being "gay" isn't a sin but the concept in Christianity is that identifying as gay is identifying yourself by your sins

????
The forum needs a new button... Like, dislike, funny, redundant, etc are not enough... A "this guy is crazy" button is needed!

Anyway... Do you get that Morrissey is openly bisexual and identifies as such? (Actually "humasexual"... which means feeling attracted to humans of both genders... Which is the definition of Bisexual even if he coined a neologism).

Do you get that even this thread is mostly the result of Morrissey's support for a lesbian politician?

According to the Bible, the Creator has deemed it as unnatural and sinful. If you love someone, you desire for them to not do things harmful to their soul or body. You might not agree with that but if you believe in God's word, (...)

"According to the Bible" suddenly became an "if you believe in God's word"... As if the three Abrahamic religions were the only possible truth... Other Religions have a different point of view and such thing is perfectly shown in their Temples...

b492151ba60178aad4687d6df87d0c3a.jpg

God's word?

Tags
california son info
Back
Top Bottom