Morrissey cancels appearance at Vive Latino (Mar. 14)

Morrissey cancela presentación en el Vive Latino - Rolling Stone Mexico

Las actividades que se tenían programadas para ese día han sido canceladas
FECHA: 2013-03-13 20:18:39 | Por: STAFF ROLLING STONE MÉXICO

Lugo de que Morrissey fuera hospitalizado esta semana debido a una severa neumonía, se acaba de dar a conocer que el músico ha cancelado también su participación en el Vive Latino, donde se presentaría este jueves 14 de marzo.

Según información de Coca-Cola FM, las actividades que se tenían programadas para ese día han sido canceladas, por lo que las actuaciones de Centavrvs, SVPER - antes Pegasvs- y Enjambre, serán cambiadas para el viernes 15 de marzo.

El acomodo de bandas queda de la siguiente forma:

Centavrvs a las 14:00 en el Escenario Indio.

Pegasvs – Svper- tocará a las 14:20 en Escenario Unión Indio.

Enjambre se presentará a las 22:00 horas en la Carpa DanUp

El canje de boletos para la fecha del viernes se podrá hacer este jueves a las 14:00 horas y hasta las 20:00 horas, estará sujeto a disponibilidad. El reembolso será a partir del día lunes 18 de marzo a las 12:00 horas en el lugar donde fue adquirido el boleto.

Also posted by Cesar H (original post):

This is the official statement from the promoters regarding cancellation @ Vive Latino festival

vive_latino_cancellation_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
get well soon father moz,your health is more important,just get well and get back to playing in the uk : )
very soon and now

A very nice gesture paying tribute to a loyal fan who passed, no doubt. But no mention from him or his management on TTY about the cancellation of today's gig? Really?

That is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life :crazy:

JK means just kidding. I'm vegan.

And seriously, if that is the dumbest thing you've ever heard, you really need to go out into the world more. Or just watch E!.

Last edited by a moderator:
He`s in Mexico which probably means he gave it a try. Pneumonia is pretty serious.I`m sure all of the stress of traveling and performing makes everything 10 times worse.I think stress is a major factor.I think maybe Morrissey didn`t take enough time off.Depression can also affect your body.I know from experience.I hope you get better soon Morrissey.

It has been my experience that persons with pneumonia are usually bedridden, not traveling to various countries, especially one where the slightest bacteria in or on a water glass will cause even more ailments to ones comprimised health condition.

And stress is mentioned...why is Moz so stressed that he is getting ulcers...as earlier mentioned, is he in a dire financial condition?

I had a feeling this was gonna happen. Morrissey, please just go to bed and rest! Dang, this might mean Las Vegas is a gonner.

its looking increasingly likely that the end is approaching for moz`s career, the constant touring is killing him, with no outlet for any new material even the most loyal fan will tire of these greatest hits tours when he refuses to play the sort of awsome set list his back list would provide. get well soon moz and plz get a grip!!!

Could there be any truth to the rumor that Morrissey is nearly broke and is touring to actually have some money? He spends his money quite quickly living from one 5 star hotel to the next.

you posting it on a website doesn't make it a rumour

Morrissey if you are indeed in Mexico just have some guacamole tacos and a shot of tequila and you will feel better, get some rest, I want to see you in Vegas.

"And stress is mentioned...why is Moz so stressed that he is getting ulcers...as earlier mentioned, is he in a dire financial condition?"

Some people are just unable to cope with any amount of stress. As I recall, he has had stomach problems all of his life, which is an indicator that he is just a nervous person. Add to that his depression, which compromises the immune system, and his higher level of intelligence, which causes a person to reflect constantly on personal failures and societal injustice, it is no wonder that he is always ill. A ridiculously rigorous touring schedule is the final straw. I do not think that it is appropriate to speculate on his financial situation. He has no children and no wife, and they are the two things that will suck your bank account dry (spoken from a wife who spends all of her money on children and Morrissey concerts).

I am getting worried for Chicago, yipes

Same here. I've actually been sitting on two pairs of tickets since last September and....I can't find a buyer for the other pair because of the constant schedule changes. Really hope he feels much better..... very soon.

He should just throw in the towel. He hasn't been relevant for decades.

I can't believe the mentality of some of these fans. He has cancelled shows EVERY TOUR from the start. This has NOTHING to do with his health, he cancels because he can and all of these people book hotels, drive to other cities and then get cancelled on, and you do it over and over again. It's time to say, if he doesn't care about his fans, no more concert dates and everyone needs to stop supporting the concerts, all you get is screwed in the end.

"And stress is mentioned...why is Moz so stressed that he is getting ulcers...as earlier mentioned, is he in a dire financial condition?"

Some people are just unable to cope with any amount of stress. As I recall, he has had stomach problems all of his life, which is an indicator that he is just a nervous person. Add to that his depression, which compromises the immune system, and his higher level of intelligence, which causes a person to reflect constantly on personal failures and societal injustice, it is no wonder that he is always ill. A ridiculously rigorous touring schedule is the final straw. I do not think that it is appropriate to speculate on his financial situation. He has no children and no wife, and they are the two things that will suck your bank account dry (spoken from a wife who spends all of her money on children and Morrissey concerts).

He's sucked dry financially because he's forking out cash to drag Kristeen Young all over the world. I bet he contributes to her financial well-being!

Reading the 3rd (and last one I plan on reading), biography/discography of the Smiths: "Morrissey/Marr: The Severed Alliance". Morrissey's sometimes erratic behavior sounds like Asperger's Syndrome. He could very well be a high-functioning Aspy. Some of them are geniuses, but lack the social graces. The stuff with moving hotel rooms, food issues, non-confrontational, holing up for days and being anti-social, "eccentric behavior". Not wanting physical contact as a child is a BIG red flag and the whole passive-aggressive response to militant school teachers, having very limited close friends.

Sad, very sad , Moz no visit Mexico, is a grat day . Thursday is pathetic now in Mex. ❤Moz

I can't believe the mentality of some of these fans. He has cancelled shows EVERY TOUR from the start. This has NOTHING to do with his health, he cancels because he can and all of these people book hotels, drive to other cities and then get cancelled on, and you do it over and over again. It's time to say, if he doesn't care about his fans, no more concert dates and everyone needs to stop supporting the concerts, all you get is screwed in the end.

My thoughts exactly.I had tickets for these bad festival with bands I don´t even know who they are or what kind of music do they play.Now I want my money back I refuse to pay for a concert that didn´t took place.Don´t get me wrong,I love Morrissey´s music and I was so happy to see him live again .but he obviously does not care about his fans (Don´t care if you obsessive people call me a troll )if he did he´ll show some respect he owe us A LOT! If he´s ill I truly hope he gets better and wish him a full recovery ,but If he´s not then I will be very disappointed.

He should just throw in the towel. He hasn't been relevant for decades.

It's a bit odd then that you spend your valuable time coming here to the site of one who isn't relevant. Methinks brain and mouth are disengaged.

I've heard this Morrissey broke thing a few times down the years, particularly in the run up to Quarry. It wouldn't surprise me. Presumably all these dates have hefty cancellation penalties written into the contracts too.

With due respect to the Spuds Bar and Vegetarian Grill, Wyoming, why is Morrissey playing these dopey little venues? Fewer larger venues would seem more logical, particularly with his health issues, and yet...

I wondered the other week why a star like Morrissey has somehow managed to engineer a career which has led him from the Hollywood Bowl to Hollywood High in two decades. I'm guessing that wasn't his intention. I saw the Smiths at Reading University in 1984 and that held more than HH could. It's all becoming a bit Spinal Tap. "Morrissey & Puppet Show."

He seems stuck in a not very virtuous circle. The more they ignore him, the madder he gets, hence his idiocy on subjects as sensitive as the Norwegian massacre, the Queen in Ireland, Middleton directly responsible for the death of a Nurse, and so on. He preaches to a small minority of even his own less nuanced fans, while alienating far, far more.

I'm sorry to say he is now approaching a time when he is just a greatest hits act, at least a third of which come from the Smiths era, a time which he continues to claim are irrelevant to the man he is today. So stop playing the songs, Moz, old stick. Less "How Soon Is Now?" more "Roy's Keen". That'll pack 'em in.

BTW, the other day I read an archived statement on TTY from late 2010 in which he claimed the new album was finished and just awaiting a label. We've heard five, so where are those other half a dozen songs or so? It's hard not to wonder if they even exist.

Sad days to follow Morrissey.

so so negative and dull. you seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that HH was intended as a small intimate show and he actually played Staples Centre the night before to a capacity crowd of 20,000. Hardly spinal tap and the puppet show is it now???

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom