Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg

… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Anonymous pointed out above, Morrissey has publicly stated that the forthcoming album concludes his contract with BMG. Hence when I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is released, he will be out of a record contract, and his recent posts about BMG hint that the split hasn't been amicable. If he stubbornly refuses to self-release or sign with an independent, this might very well be the last studio album from him.

Agree. Unfortunately, that Morrissey-Central message proves that he isn't coping well with the drastic changes in the way music is now distributed (digital releases instead of physical releases). We all know that singles and albums on vinyl meant the world to him as an adolescent. I also hold fond memories of those days and I am proud to have collected all Smiths 12-inches and the majority of Morrissey singles. But those days are gone now. A part of me thinks that Morrissey would be happy to leave the music business at this point.

So are we are not for sure if we can purchase this on the 10th of Jan......what do we know, besides #2 on chart , none to be found besides leaches on Ebay. I've noticed some record companies have withdrawn there pre order. Some list it as unavailable, and some independent still have preorder on the other side of the earth, ...mind boggling to think who is pulling the strings here .....they should be fired if it's a executive at warner,bmg, or whoever. I know it isnt Morrissey as he has said so....... it's a 7 " single, good grief ,2 freaking songs, release the damn thing.so everyone and anyone can own it.......that may be too simple for them

did you just post that comet stuff? does it really exist? are you posting photos of old stuff from many years ago?:lbf:

Johnny’s new vinyl box set Single Life is sold on that site. At least you know where to go to buy his records, you don’t have to search all over the internet to find his latest release!

Johnny’s new vinyl box set Single Life is sold on that site. At least you know where to go to buy his records, you don’t have to search all over the internet to find his latest release!

No it isnt, its 'sold out'.;)
before it even went on sale it was 'sold out' (-:lbf:-)
3 copies were printed, DJ f***EN LePew, the Missus, and Jr each 'bought' -lol aka got it free from the basement-and now its 'sold out'.:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom