Morrissey Central: Blue Rondo A La Turk

BLUE RONDO A LA TURK - Morrissey Central
July 8, 2019

full

"I liked them because they seemed two jumps ahead of everyone else. The mere sight of them suggested big league, but they didn't quite get that far. They were one of the very few groups that the Smiths supported, but there was a scepticism about them being just 'club models' … who asked and got. This was said also about very early Roxy Music … who appeared to be quite affluent before they'd even had a hit. With Blue Rondo, again, you suspected that they were given all of their fantastic suits for free whilst the rest of us had to dream of being able to buy SOMETHING that didn't look TOO abysmal. The main electric spark was their dancing which was very virile and athletic … and even though they came from the Blitz/Billy's scene they seemed like supermale prizefighters or nightclub heavies … deep-chested vocals, narrow-hipped, and very much a man's, man's, man's, man's world. I don't think a sudden tussle would trouble them in the least. But their songs were not about the curves of seductive women - or even about women … as if women might even lack some essential excitement. It's a safe bet that they couldn't stand the Smiths … me singing about not even a glimmer of adventure sex. But that was 1982 or, for me, 1947. Their companion Robert Elms described me as "Ena Sharples". I was actually flattered because Violet Carson, I thought, was extremely funny. You know how comedians or comic actors think that if they show lots of teeth people will think they're saying something hilarious … when of course they aren't? Well, Violet Carson kept her teeth well hidden. Maybe she had none? How did I get from Blue Rondo a la Turk to Violet Carson?
Oh. Well, Blue Rondo were a London band … which was obvious to us because they actually had shoes. I don't think their songs were as good as ours, but our shoes weren't as good as theirs, so, there we are.
They quickly went away and didn't return. I don't know if it's even possible to find their music anymore, but it certainly wouldn't hurt the ear. I think some of Blue Rondo were from the West Indies whereas of course all of the Smiths were born at the Manchester Scabies & Gripe Maternity Hospital."

Morrissey 7 July 2019, talking to himself (for … what choice?)

* sorry, I have no idea who took the above photograph.

Amusing musings from Moz about the first Smiths-support act.

Note posted by an anonymous person:

Actually, it was the other way around. The Smiths supported them. It was their first live show ever on 4 October 1982 at the Ritz.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s nice that of late he is publicly thinking out loud about bands reforming (The Jam) and Smiths opening acts. Yes, more of this please.

He has many bits like this, all edited out of Autobiography. Using the website with ready material, he’s hoping, will spark interest in him that isn’t about his opinions and politics.

Subtext(1) - "look over here...NOT THERE...over here"
Subtext(2) - When people liked me...
Subtext(3) - How did I f*** it up so badly?

:rolleyes:

o_O

now trolls want to direct Moz website WTF?
have someone pay and set up and they direct while on the dole, drinking wine
in the council house jacuzzi.:lbf:
poor cucks.

This hate hard-on of yours can't possibly be good for the soul. And mind you, I'm a white supremacist. If a white supremacist is telling you that you have unhealthy levels of hate inside, perhaps it's time to see a therapist.

Last edited:

Your psychiatrist would have a field day meandering through your internet contributions here. Imagine spending your twilight years whining and nitpicking over every Morrissey article/commentary 24/7? Do something constructive with this white knight fever brewing inside you, impregnated some ethnic totty, father a gazillion brown babies, donate your pension to an anti-racist charity. Anyone opposing your morality ain't gonna be swayed by your relentless ranting, and those that share your views, well you're already preaching to the choir, so that's redundant.

Your psychiatrist would have a field day meandering through your internet contributions here. Imagine spending your twilight years whining and nitpicking over every Morrissey article/commentary 24/7? Do something constructive with this white knight fever brewing inside you, impregnated some ethnic totty, father a gazillion brown babies, donate your pension to an anti-racist charity. Anyone opposing your morality ain't gonna be swayed by your relentless ranting, and those that share your views, well you're already preaching to the choir, so that's redundant.

or read "Muslim" "scholars" (aka ayatollahs):lbf:

He's allowed to defend himself against utter pricks like Bragg.
This is his best chance, showing off the wit he has.
Obviously it was about the west indies bit.. 'I'm not racist look.'
But to keep trading t blows directly is a mistake. Relying on his friends is a mistake relying on Sam is just stupid.
This is his best defence.

If you think Billy has a leg to stand on you are wrong.

It’s nice that of late he is publicly thinking out loud about bands reforming (The Jam) and Smiths opening acts. Yes, more of this please.
I could be wrong, but didn’t The Smiths open for them? Rather than the other way round.

Morrissey: *exists* *muses on nothing of real significance*
Skinny, posting on a Morrissey-fan site: I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him!!!!

It seems very healthy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom