Morrissey Central: Blue Rondo A La Turk

BLUE RONDO A LA TURK - Morrissey Central
July 8, 2019

full

"I liked them because they seemed two jumps ahead of everyone else. The mere sight of them suggested big league, but they didn't quite get that far. They were one of the very few groups that the Smiths supported, but there was a scepticism about them being just 'club models' … who asked and got. This was said also about very early Roxy Music … who appeared to be quite affluent before they'd even had a hit. With Blue Rondo, again, you suspected that they were given all of their fantastic suits for free whilst the rest of us had to dream of being able to buy SOMETHING that didn't look TOO abysmal. The main electric spark was their dancing which was very virile and athletic … and even though they came from the Blitz/Billy's scene they seemed like supermale prizefighters or nightclub heavies … deep-chested vocals, narrow-hipped, and very much a man's, man's, man's, man's world. I don't think a sudden tussle would trouble them in the least. But their songs were not about the curves of seductive women - or even about women … as if women might even lack some essential excitement. It's a safe bet that they couldn't stand the Smiths … me singing about not even a glimmer of adventure sex. But that was 1982 or, for me, 1947. Their companion Robert Elms described me as "Ena Sharples". I was actually flattered because Violet Carson, I thought, was extremely funny. You know how comedians or comic actors think that if they show lots of teeth people will think they're saying something hilarious … when of course they aren't? Well, Violet Carson kept her teeth well hidden. Maybe she had none? How did I get from Blue Rondo a la Turk to Violet Carson?
Oh. Well, Blue Rondo were a London band … which was obvious to us because they actually had shoes. I don't think their songs were as good as ours, but our shoes weren't as good as theirs, so, there we are.
They quickly went away and didn't return. I don't know if it's even possible to find their music anymore, but it certainly wouldn't hurt the ear. I think some of Blue Rondo were from the West Indies whereas of course all of the Smiths were born at the Manchester Scabies & Gripe Maternity Hospital."

Morrissey 7 July 2019, talking to himself (for … what choice?)

* sorry, I have no idea who took the above photograph.

Amusing musings from Moz about the first Smiths-support act.

Note posted by an anonymous person:

Actually, it was the other way around. The Smiths supported them. It was their first live show ever on 4 October 1982 at the Ritz.

Last edited by a moderator:
But in these larger sized venues where he shares a bill with another artist whose fans may not all be on his side (never mind his own fans),the chances of something like this happening are big.
I think it could very well be like Bowie's Outside tour where the NIN fans left after their set leaving Bowie to play to half full rooms.

I think this is another of Morrisseys mists of time things where reality doesn't live up to the memory, Blue Rondo Ala Turk, disappeared because they were shockingly poor.
Weren't pretentious band names like Blue Rondo Ala Turk and Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark the reason they chose The Smiths to begin with?

I was thinking politically but artistically yeah.

Nationalism will either triumph or it will be completely crushed. If nationalism triumph, Morrissey will probably have statues built for him and schools named after him for being one of the early martyrs for the Cause.
However, even if the globalists triumph and nationalism is crushed, after a period of time when the threat is a faded memory, people excuse eccentric artists as being "products of their time" and the kind of people who are into "old stuff" know it's unfair to judge people of the past by the moral standards of today and cut people a lot of slack. People still read Ezra Pound. There's still an audience for old Disney and WB cartoons which weren't exactly PC.

Charlie Chaplin married two 16-year-old (pregnancy scares both times). He would be a pedophile by today's standards but 16-year-olds marrying older men wasn't unheard of at the time. Chaplin was kind of a degenerate and a communist to boot and public opinion eventually turned on him.
And yet there's still a niche audience for movies of his era and if you're one of them, you can't just pretend like Chaplin never happened. Chaplin represented everything I am against but I can't deny that he was incredibly talented. I'm not a diehard fan but I'll watch The Gold Rush or The Circus if it comes on. Not the commie stuff though.
When you look back people in them days had to be more mature at an earlier age which is why 20 year olds in pictures from back then look like married 40 year olds in the way they dressed and more.

Nowadays people live nowhere near the lives people did back then. Sure they have more toys and expensive ones at that but never as fulfilling lives and things to fight for.

The age difference is a weird thing cause it is not like the youngest one is ever asked or people realising there are two people in a relationship.

People with no lives will find ways to see what is not there.

Or How did such an asshole create such touching art?
Hopefully by then there will have been a backlash against the ridiculous political correctness and brainwashing of todays social media and press. People will actually be able to think for themselves and won't be frightened to air their views. Self expression will be alive again.
Perhaps you could start the ball rolling by asking yourself if it is possible for "such an asshole" to actually create "such touching art."

It's funny how some of the users on this site keep calling me and others "new fans" as if they can't accept that there are fans out there who understand Morrissey complicitly and have done for years.

I avoided this site for years as I felt very few users even remotely understood what The Smiths or Morrissey was about. I felt it wasn't a place for true fans - especially as Moz himself once wore a t-shirt saying: f*** MORRISSEY SOLO and banned its leader from his gigs (a ban that still stands as far as I know).

Even Morrissey hates this site!

Because he's like you: he can't handle contradiction. He thinks his view is the truth. He thinks contradiction is a ban on freedom of speech. He thinks if you oppose his views then you're just litter. Imperiously thoughtless. Liberace-like behaviour. Hate central.

Because he's like you: he can't handle contradiction. He thinks his view is the truth. He thinks contradiction is a ban on freedom of speech. He thinks if you oppose his views then you're just litter. Imperiously thoughtless. Liberace-like behaviour. Hate central.

Thank you for this. I feel less isolated when I read comments like this.

The 'new fans' are racist, homophobic pratts of the highest order. Reelfountain, as she has often claimed, is desperate to wear the crown. She has nothing to say that isn't laced with hatred. I'm not entirely sure if she should be constantly called out or ignored? Hate central is an apt description of her and her entryist chums. DavidT is complicit in allowing these racist and homophobic entryists - they are certainly visible enough. His repetitous response of supporting free speech - when he actively censors posts - is incredulous. Not one to rest on my laurels - the LGBT hatred was another tipping point - I have made a formal complaint to: [email protected] as the registrar for Morrissey Solo. The 'new fan' and her chums have all been mentioned in my complaint. This may result in nothing. It may result in DavidT being forced to regulate this site. Whatever the outcome, I have done my level best to highlight these racist homophobes to those that can do something, and I'll continue to do so.

Remember: these 'new fans' are not Morrissey or Smiths fans. The only agenda they have is to spread discontent and hatred and they are currently using this fan site to signficant effect. They shouldn't be allowed to exploit real Morrissey and Smiths fans in this way.

Christchurch, Sri Lanka, Admiral Duncan happened because poeple did nothing then acted shocked as the atrocities unfolded. I'm a little more proactive when dealing with racist homophobes. Little by little these hateful entryists - wherever they hide on the internet, no matter which forum, can be outed - you can help or collude.

It's up to you.

I fully expect a deluge of reactionary comments and a good deal of derogatory comments and name calling. Some of this is will be from genuine fans pissed off at what they see as an attack on Morrissey. The majority will be from entryists squawking about freedom of speech and conspiracy. My comments are not an attack on Morrissey. If anything they are the balanced - or as balanced as I feel able. Morrissey has, to my mind, made some dreadful, unacceptable comments of late and I do not support his current thinking one bit. However, he is also been used by hate groups because he opened the doors to them. These 'new fans' are not individuals posting at leisure they are part of a concerted effort to maximise exposure to their hatred by using Morrissey as the vehicle for that hatred. Morrissey is not without blame in this but he is being used - no matter how hardline you feel you are about racism - he is currently being exploited. Let's be clear - I don't have any sympathy for him - but he - his name - is being exploited by this hateful cabal to garner further exposure fortheir hateful right-wing cause.

The 'new fans' are racist, homophobic pratts of the highest order. Reelfountain, as she has often claimed, is desperate to wear the crown. She has nothing to say that isn't laced with hatred. I'm not entirely sure if she should be constantly called out or ignored? Hate central is an apt description of her and her entryist chums. DavidT is complicit in allowing these racist and homophobic entryists - they are certainly visible enough. His repetitous response of supporting free speech - when he actively censors posts - is incredulous. Not one to rest on my laurels - the LGBT hatred was another tipping point - I have made a formal complaint to: [email protected] as the registrar for Morrissey Solo. The 'new fan' and her chums have all been mentioned in my complaint. This may result in nothing. It may result in DavidT being forced to regulate this site. Whatever the outcome, I have done my level best to highlight these racist homophobes to those that can do something, and I'll continue to do so.

Remember: these 'new fans' are not Morrissey or Smiths fans. The only agenda they have is to spread discontent and hatred and they are currently using this fan site to signficant effect. They shouldn't be allowed to exploit real Morrissey and Smiths fans in this way.

Christchurch, Sri Lanka, Admiral Duncan happened because poeple did nothing then acted shocked as the atrocities unfolded. I'm a little more proactive when dealing with racist homophobes. Little by little these hateful entryists - wherever they hide on the internet, no matter which forum, can be outed - you can help or collude.

It's up to you.

I fully expect a deluge of reactionary comments and a good deal of derogatory comments and name calling. Some of this is will be from genuine fans pissed off at what they see as an attack on Morrissey. The majority will be from entryists squawking about freedom of speech and conspiracy. My comments are not an attack on Morrissey. If anything they are the balanced - or as balanced as I feel able. Morrissey has, to my mind, made some dreadful, unacceptable comments of late and I do not support his current thinking one bit. However, he is also been used by hate groups because he opened the doors to them. These 'new fans' are not individuals posting at leisure they are part of a concerted effort to maximise exposure to their hatred by using Morrissey as the vehicle for that hatred. Morrissey is not without blame in this but he is being used - no matter how hardline you feel you are about racism - he is currently being exploited. Let's be clear - I don't have any sympathy for him - but he - his name - is being exploited by this hateful cabal to garner further exposure fortheir hateful right-wing cause.

Update ....

I’m incredibly surprised to have received a response from Google. I hadn’t expected this speed of response at all. Google has clarified that Morrissey-Solo is not hosted on its servers and can therefore take no action. Google has helpfully highlighted that Morrissey-Solo is hosted by GoDaddy so that’s my next port of call.

It's up to you.

Morrissey's own stupidity is to blame for the cesspit this site has become. Put the trolls on 'Ignore' and never engage with them - they aren't worth the effort or headspace. I can't understand why some people here feel compelled to argue with Internet wind-up merchants through 20+ pages of bile and bollocks, all of which has nothing to do with Moz or the Smiths.

We all think our view of the world is the truth.

It's up to you.

The thought police are here. Let's not debate difficult real-world subjects. Oh no. Monkey see - Monkey do.
ffdf.jpg

Update ....

I’m incredibly surprised to have received a response from Google. I hadn’t expected this speed of response at all. Google has clarified that Morrissey-Solo is not hosted on its servers and can therefore take no action. Google has helpfully highlighted that Morrissey-Solo is hosted by GoDaddy so that’s my next port of call.

Who made you the Third Reich? You want to close this site down? You absolute f***ing bell-end.

Morrissey's own stupidity is to blame for the cesspit this site has become. Put the trolls on 'Ignore' and never engage with them - they aren't worth the effort or headspace. I can't understand why some people here feel compelled to argue with Internet wind-up merchants through 20+ pages of bile and bollocks, all of which has nothing to do with Moz or the Smiths.

I agree largely with what you say. My concern is that if we ignore it does it go away or does it spread as it becomes the normalised view? I don't neccesarily want to constantly challenge the hatred but neither do I wish to seem accepting of it.

Who made you the Third Reich? You want to close this site down? You absolute f***ing bell-end.

Nope. If you had bothered to read the comment beforeyour usual reactionary tirade you'd have noticed that I didn't want the site closed down, but regulated, so that you and your racist, homophobic entryist turds would be turfed out on your arses.

Nope. If you had bothered to read the comment beforeyour usual reactionary tirade you'd have noticed that I didn't want the site closed down, but regulated, so that you and your racist, homophobic entryist turds would be turfed out on your arses.

Because you can't face different opinions and you are basically a thought-police Nazi. I get it - the reactionary left can't face debating differing opinions because of their "oh so sensitive constitutions". What is this world coming to. God help us.

The thought police are here. Let's not debate difficult real-world subjects. Oh no. Monkey see - Monkey do.
View attachment 50895

Ah, revolutionary cut n paste at it's worst. The actual quote is .... “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” but why bother with accurate quotes, eh? You do realise these words appeared in a work of fiction? Fact? Fiction? It's all the same to you, isn't it? Of course, Mr Orwell would be speaking your truth, wouldn't he?

Because you can't face different opinions and you are basically a thought-police Nazi. I get it - the reactionary left can't face debating differing opinions because of their "oh so sensitive constitutions". What is this world coming to. God help us.

Difference of opinion? Yes. Racist, homophobic, antisemitic, paedophile apologist opinions? No.

Racism and homophobia are NOT opinions, they're offenses. The frame is the law. I know you'll probably disagree but, mind you, you only have two options: vote or leave. Oh no, there's a third one: do nothing and complain while benefiting from this country.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom