Morrissey Central: "BMG" (October 9, 2019)

unnamed-6_tp1cbi.jpg

BMG.

"It's Over" is now scheduled for release in the second week of November.
The B side is a version of Tim Buckley's "It Happens Every Time".

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

I can't get excited at the prospect of a reheated dinner just because it's on a different plate. There is other, fresher, tastier food out there.

in that "photo montage", is she holding a CD? or is she like a very tall woman holding a regular sized vinyl record sleeve? i think she's a giant!
Yootha Joyce was 5 ft 5" (1.66m) so its safe to say its a CD, IF Moz had a time machine.

iconic-tv-couples-george-and-mildred-1423759935-view-1.jpg

Most significant thing here is whilst we get a potentially great b-side cover....BMG still seem to be supporting him...he called their bluff on the non-release and they decided to play ball so looks highly likely new album will come out on BMG sometime in 2020....if they hadn't then we would've been waiting for a long I think given all the bridges hes burnt...so alls well as much as it can be in Morriseys world....a few European dates would be great though!!!

Most significant thing here is whilst we get a potentially great b-side cover....BMG still seem to be supporting him...he called their bluff on the non-release and they decided to play ball so looks highly likely new album will come out on BMG sometime in 2020....if they hadn't then we would've been waiting for a long I think given all the bridges hes burnt...so alls well as much as it can be in Morriseys world....a few European dates would be great though!!!

Yes to all of this. Long may it continue

I'm sorry. There's so many crap music published on a daily basis that it's a shame this beautiful song with wonderful vocal and instrumental interpretations does not reach the business requirementes to be released as a single just like Morrissey desired. Maybe in the future. Who knows.

No more sorry

Good point. it suggests the relationship with BMG is still working.

I’m a bit surprised that instead of playing certain (IMO weaker) songs to death like Paris & Munich, he’s not at least debuting a song from the new album.

Very wise of Morrissey to air his discontent over decisions like these. I wouldn't be surprised if the new album gets delayed or even cancelled. Morrissey's release calender has been a total mess for the last two years, so BMG have my full sympathies about not wanting to finance any more haphazard vinyl singles.

I’m a bit surprised that instead of playing certain (IMO weaker) songs to death like Paris & Munich, he’s not at least debuting a song from the new album.

I guess he has learnt his lesson about not playing songs not yet on the release calendar. The live versions get recorded by the fans, low quality versions get put out on YouTube, often the songs get criticized a lot -- and then they become "old songs", even though they have not been released. It all takes away from the excitement of releasing studio recorded stuff.

Appropriated vintage sleeves, stage backdrop images, flogging an album with nothing he himself wrote, just covers. Morrissey has nothing to offer, just phoning it in and doing it all on the cheap to top up his pension pot. Ugly, nasty racist to boot. Circus show now.

Appropriated vintage sleeves, stage backdrop images, flogging an album with nothing he himself wrote, just covers. Morrissey has nothing to offer, just phoning it in and doing it all on the cheap to top up his pension pot. Ugly, nasty racist to boot. Circus show now.
Has nothing to offer??? A duet with , LP, billy, from GD. Sold out America/ Canadian tour??? Nothing to offer??? Read the posts on here from concert goers who have a ball ... yes concert goers, try leaving your moms rented room once in a while, I’m sure she is fed up of having to clean up your shit stained underwear and socks that have been stuck solid to the threadbare carpets with seaman

Has nothing to offer??? A duet with , LP, billy, from GD. Sold out America/ Canadian tour??? Nothing to offer??? Read the posts on here from concert goers who have a ball ... yes concert goers, try leaving your moms rented room once in a while, I’m sure she is fed up of having to clean up your shit stained underwear and socks that have been stuck solid to the threadbare carpets with seaman
Off you go daft c*** and watch old episodes of 'George and Mildred'. I'm off to f*** my boyfriends brains out .

Off you go daft c*** and watch old episodes of 'George and Mildred'. I'm off to f*** my boyfriends brains out .

Because that's so much more valuable than watching episodes of George and Mildred. Well done, you should be very proud of your achievements in life and of what you hold up as being a productive use of your time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom