Morrissey Central: HOLLYWOOD BOWL BY JOHN HOOD November 1, 2019

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

MORRISSEY | HOLLYWOOD BOWL BY JOHN HOOD
November 1, 2019

Call me irresponsible, but I’d prefer not to address the generally left-leaning Morrissey’s support of the far-right For Britain Movement. In fact, I don’t even want to think about it. Oh, it’s not that I don’t care. (I do.) Or that I’m not puzzled. (Who isn’t?) But rather that it’s not my place to say which way he or anyone else swings. I mean, I wouldn’t tell Morrissey who to love, so why should I tell him which party to go to?

That said, this is Morrissey we’re talking about and Morrissey is political. Always has been. Always will be. So it’d be impossible to review the man’s most recent Hollywood Bowl show without somehow touching upon politics. It also only makes sense that one of the most fiery and caustic moments of that showing was the politically-charged “I Wish You Lonely.”

Taken from 2017’s Low in High School, “I Wish You Lonely” is an agit-pop fight song for shut-ins. A sorta J’accuse for the recluse, if you will. Think of it as the kinda track a bed-ridden Proust might write if he wore a Yellow Vest and had a kickass band behind him. The place where taunt meets lament and comes out as anthem.

It’s also just a little bit epic.

Live it’s even more so. The stir is more stirring. The churn is more churning. The roar more roarful. The song may be driven by a march beat, backed by a heart’s throb and bolstered by flaring harmonics, but it’s led by Morrissey’s melodic malevolence.

And his inarguable adamance. This is how it is, baby. Deal with it. But don’t fall for it. Whatever you do.

By the time the song sides with the holy sea creature over the evil Norwegian gunships, you’ve become the pursued, and you’ve vowed never to give in to your pursuers, even if your life depends on it.

Because, of course, it does. Which, of course, is the key to Morrissey. He sings of living through lethal things. Love. Loss. Murder. War. You name it. That he does so with a cutthroat wit and a killer croon only makes the songs – and their subjects – that much deadlier.

And that much more vital. It’s there in You Are the Quarry’s “Irish Blood English Heart,” it’s there in Years of Refusal’s “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris,” and it’s there in Viva Hate’s “Everyday is Like Sunday.” It was there in every other song sung at The Bowl on Saturday too, including The Smiths’ classic “How Soon is Now.”

But though “How Soon is Now” actually ended the evening, it was the raucous one-two punch of “Jack the Ripper” and “Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on Stage” that truly crashed out the main event – and left the 17,000+ in attendance gently reeling into that long Hollywood night. We were bruised. We were battered. And we were happy. In fact, we were ecstatic.

Imagine being hit by the world’s most beautiful fist. That’s what the night felt like. I don’t know if the blow came from the left. And I don’t know if the blow came from the right. But I do know I’ll be cherishing the black-and-blue for the rest of my life.

AgKqemR.png

https://www.flaunt.com/content/morrissey-hollywod-bowl-2019

image-asset.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, because you're not anonymous at all are you c***-stick. "I think I can safely say ....". Yup, more arrogance.

ooh, someone’s getting upset. You must be a very unhappy individual.

I’m less anonymous than you. I only post under my username here.

anyway, my original point stands: you’re the one demanding that Morrissey apologise & retract all statements that you don’t agree with if he wants to win back your approval; & I say Morrissey doesn’t even know you exist & couldn’t care less what you think of him. I’d say that’s obvious to anybody. Except you & your misplaced ego, apparently.

anyway, enjoy your day,

love,

Mr. Arrogant c***-Stick.

x

anyway, my original point stands: you’re the one demanding that Morrissey apologise & retract all statements that you don’t agree with if he wants to win back your approval; & I say Morrissey doesn’t even know you exist & couldn’t care less what you think of him. I’d say that’s obvious to anybody. Except you & your misplaced ego, apparently.

anyway, enjoy your day,

love,

Mr. Arrogant c***-Stick.

x

I think I can safely say, & let's be totally frank, I've never heard the insult 'c***-stick'...sounds like it comes from someone who is having a cerebral frenzy & can't cope with things...benny the braindead bitch, maybe?

I think I can safely say, & let's be totally frank, I've never heard the insult 'c***-stick'...sounds like it comes from someone who is having a cerebral frenzy & can't cope with things...benny the braindead bitch, maybe?

yeh, sounds to me like Mr. Anonymous is BBB/Skinny/Trill......Trill being the only user giving a troll rating to each & every one of my posts directed at Anonymous.

Very similar reactions & insults.

anyway, enjoy your day,

love,

Mr. Arrogant c***-Stick.

x

Such pomposity ... "I think I can safely say ... " "It sounds to me like ..." a troll with a view, who is not afraid to express it, no matter how vacuous. Now that's new terroritory. Well done you! No, seriously, well done. Now will somebody buy erm, who is it, oh that not anonymous at all, anonymous person, on the internet a pint. I know we don't know what he looks like but I think we can safely say in any pub, he'll be the one standing on his own at the bar, staring into his phone, looking for comfort.

yeh, sounds to me like Mr. Anonymous is BBB/Skinny/Trill......Trill being the only user giving a troll rating to each & every one of my posts directed at Anonymous. Very similar reactions & insults.

"Sounds to me like ..." Uh, huh there are only 3 people in this forum who disagree with you. Could it be that there are others that think you a tired, boorish, windbag? There are, there's at the very least, 4 of us.

Such pomposity ... "I think I can safely say ... " "It sounds to me like ..." a troll with a view, who is not afraid to express it, no matter how vacuous. Now that's new terroritory. Well done you! No, seriously, well done. Now will somebody buy erm, who is it, oh that not anonymous at all, anonymous person, on the internet a pint. I know we don't know what he looks like but I think we can safely say in any pub, he'll be the one standing on his own at the bar, staring into his phone, looking for comfort.

Hmmm, let's be totally frank, I'm not totally sure, so I don't think I can safely say... but I don't think it's skinny despite your description bearing all the hallmarks..

I see you just described yourself to a tee.

"Sounds to me like ..." Uh, huh there are only 3 people in this forum who disagree with you. Could it be that there are others that think you a tired, boorish, windbag? There are, there's at the very least, 4 of us.

correction: 4 of YOU.

& many more versions of you quarrelling away in your cess-pit mind, all trying to blame each other for what a waste of life you are.

& many more versions of you quarrelling away in your cess-pit mind, all trying to blame each other for what a waste of life you are.

In the main, snoddy, there's skinny, surface, benny, trill...a few others crop up, Dr.Tom, Doctor Tom, Dpoctor Tom (finger error there on trying to quickly produce yet another pseudonym)...plus of course their respective rights to voice as 'anonymous'. We're slowly, but surely, identifying them & their respective patterns of behaviour.

For example, Benny is quite an obvious one owing to his poor education and lack of English spelling ability.

Skinny is more your 'drop a bombshell' type who then sits back & watches the ensuing frenzy.

It's quite interesting to watch as their human behaviour is reflected in their online alias(es) activities.

The clincher is though, they are all one and the same...skinny, so you can imagine how f***ed up the inner workings of his mind must be. Medication isn't working for the guy despite various therapies which are ongoing/long term.

The dreary headmaster corrects the comments to something more to his liking simply because he has nothing going on in his own life. Sad. So, terribly sad.

In the main, snoddy, there's skinny, surface, benny, trill...a few others crop up, Dr.Tom, Doctor Tom, Dpoctor Tom (finger error there on trying to quickly produce yet another pseudonym)...plus of course their respective rights to voice as 'anonymous'. We're slowly, but surely, identifying them & their respective patterns of behaviour.

For example, Benny is quite an obvious one owing to his poor education and lack of English spelling ability.

Skinny is more your 'drop a bombshell' type who then sits back & watches the ensuing frenzy.

It's quite interesting to watch as their human behaviour is reflected in their online alias(es) activities.

The clincher is though, they are all one and the same...skinny, so you can imagine how f***ed up the inner workings of his mind must be. Medication isn't working for the guy despite various therapies which are ongoing/long term.

Lol, what a load of bollocks - the site owner knows exactly who everyone is, you moron.

Yes, it’s all very obvious & a sad reflection of his shaky mental health.

I feel silly for even responding to his inanity , but I come to this site to discuss the music of Morrissey with other fans & am sick to death of the threads being clogged up with this cretins repetitive ramblings.

I'm Skinartacus. No, I'm Skinartacus!

Why is that puffed-up, miserable loud-mouths are so keen to isolate Skinny's voice as a lone voice? I have to ask myself what are they so scared of? Are they intimidated by Skinny and therefore intimated by anyone that shares his views? It certainly seems like it. Some anonymous posters (sorry not anonymous because they've provided a made up name - that's not anonymous at all, is it?) incredulously attempt to infer Skinny posts his comments anonymously? Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Who are they to judge? And ... what proof, other than "I can safely say" ... do they have?

As difficult as it might be for these dullards to comprehend, on occasion, people can and do share the same view. I tend to agree with what Skinny says but I don't always support the manner in which he says it. We all express ourselves differently.

Skinny seems more than capable of looking after himself within this forum but he is far from a lone voice.

yeh, sounds to me like Mr. Anonymous is BBB/Skinny/Trill......Trill being the only user giving a troll rating to each & every one of my posts directed at Anonymous.

Very similar reactions & insults.

Of course its Skinny, and throw 'Surface' in there too. Hes Mega Skinny.

I'm Skinartacus. No, I'm Skinartacus!

Why is that puffed-up, miserable loud-mouths are so keen to isolate Skinny's voice as a lone voice? I have to ask myself what are they so scared of? Are they intimidated by Skinny and therefore intimated by anyone that shares his views? It certainly seems like it. Some anonymous posters (sorry not anonymous because they've provided a made up name - that's not anonymous at all, is it?) incredulously attempt to infer Skinny posts his comments anonymously? Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Who are they to judge? And ... what proof, other than "I can safely say" ... do they have?

As difficult as it might be for these dullards to comprehend, on occasion, people can and do share the same view. I tend to agree with what Skinny says but I don't always support the manner in which he says it. We all express ourselves differently.

Skinny seems more than capable of looking after himself within this forum but he is far from a lone voice.

Skinny, whats with the self promotion and drama? Stop with the trollish soliloquies.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom