Morrissey Central: Lady Willpower / Rainbow Valley - delayed (22 August, 2019)

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
LADY WILLPOWER / Rainbow Valley. - Morrissey Central
August 22, 2019

Rights to use the photograph from the film 'Eva' (1962) for the "Lady Willpower" 45 - as previously unveiled on M-central - has been denied. The sleeve is now changed and features Lili St Cyr. This will delay the single release for a few weeks.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to recall two other sleeves which were refused use of images. The first is What Difference Does It Make, where Terrence Stamps image was scrapped and replaced with Morrissey in a similar pose. The second was Harvey Keitel refusing use for Strangeways, Here We Come. I'm afraid that's all I can recall for now.
There was also the Headmaster Ritual CD single that was withdrawn due to an objection from Viv Nicholson.

lil saint cyr can see everything she wants with her eyes closed, thus she is a lady of true will and power.

Can I ask what people expect from a Morrissey single front cover?? Maybe a Rembrandt original, or carrivagio perhaps... I think young sam( even though he’s knocking on as well) has and still is doing a professional job, leave him alone... I’ve seen his work at the last moz gig in Newcastle jan 18 .. best footage of any moz gig ever... and for the record I’m seen on it during Sunday’s epic

Can I ask what people expect from a Morrissey single front cover?? Maybe a Rembrandt original, or carrivagio perhaps... I think young sam( even though he’s knocking on as well) has and still is doing a professional job, leave him alone... I’ve seen his work at the last moz gig in Newcastle jan 18 .. best footage of any moz gig ever... and for the record I’m seen on it during Sunday’s epic
You’re taking the piss, right? These covers all look like they’re made with stock fonts, in Microsoft Word 1998.

Did you sleep through The Smiths?

Did you sleep through The Smiths?
No not really I totally lived it to be fair.. trudging through Carlisle with the t shirt of the hour... being mocked by people who would later on join me at Morrissey gigs 5 years later. I get what your saying though.

Just checked out rainbow Valley, looks like the drummer had spent his two weeks holiday in Greggs.... any how it sounds like the theme from CA son.. very 70s , witch the band have picked up on and done a marvellous job doing so, and with a modern, yet still catchy mowerdays interpretation. Voice better than ever.. band perfect, weather it’s a didgeridoo, or 70s style, picture perfect by , ahem... an ageing, trustworthy Sam,,, I’m alive with CS it grows on me day by day.

Good night young sam , what’s your boyo doing these days... does he evade the bright lights??? Or does he have to work in the real world , I would love to not know . Don’t keep me informed.... love you... Carlisle’s biggest fan...

Just checked out rainbow Valley, looks like the drummer had spent his two weeks holiday in Greggs.... any how it sounds like the theme from CA son.. very 70s , witch the band have picked up on and done a marvellous job doing so, and with a modern, yet still catchy mowerdays interpretation. Voice better than ever.. band perfect, weather it’s a didgeridoo, or 70s style, picture perfect by , ahem... an ageing, trustworthy Sam,,, I’m alive with CS it grows on me day by day.
Dunno what you’re smoking but - that band are manikins for shitty t-shirts. Not a chop in the whole hop.

Raise your bar. You’re well below the low end.

Funny he was refused permission to use an image from Eva. There's an eerily familiar figure in the film poster.

Eva_1962_film.jpg

Jesus C, what's the resolution on that photo, 12 ppi?
I'm hoping this is just some low-res version of the actual cover - but the physical version of the 'Lover-to-Be' looked similarly awful, so possibly not. At the bare minimum at least find a source photo of decent quality. It's just embaressing now. :(

What the hell are you even talking about? The original Rainbow Valley by Love Affair? Because Morrissey's version hasn't been released yet.
Unless you have access to it and are willing to share..?

they also did everlasting love which is one of the best songs of the sixties.for 5 wee rascals they were a great band.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom