Morrissey Central: THUNDERCLAP OF JOY. October 26, 2019

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thunderclap-of-joy

THUNDERCLAP OF JOY.
October 26, 2019

Our Canadian tour of 9 concerts has now been completed, and I express deep and profound thanks to the magnificent audiences each night - who really make it impossible to pick out which night was best. Music still turns meaningless existence (mine) into something with meaning, and in a modern world that doesn't seem to know that it has stopped thinking, I am grateful for audiences of informed citizens with their own intellectual spirit. We will never make good slaves !
I am so happy to be so joyfully reacquainted with Canada, and I pray that a return trip can be assured.
Meanwhile, be open, be truthful, speak up - it's contagious !

Yours always, with self-will
MORRISSEY
25 October 2019

isM3Ob7.png

Last edited:
Canada is very beautiful. we should stop thinking it as of the illegitimate child of the USA
Banff! Oui!

Nice words but always has to get the dig in with the negativity. Even if he got the best XMas present ever he'd complain about the wrapping.

‘in a modern world that doesn't seem to know that it has stopped thinking, I am grateful for audiences of informed citizens with their own intellectual spirit. We will never make good slaves !

Meanwhile, be open, be truthful, speak up - it's contagious !’

:thumb:

VIVA

MORRISSEY !!!

:tiphat:

Lovely SER image.

Morrissey has done so much to make sure everyone has a chance. That is why I respect him so much.

mozzzzzeeer, im so glad this was a good experience for you! I know I very much enjoyed seeing you on my own soil, and to be so close to the stage when you played in Vancouver was certainly the highlight of my life (even if I looked a bit cranky because the zitty dolt next to me kept swaying stupidly and his shoulder kept bumping up against mine despite my giving him numerous warning looks and nudges)! kissssssssssses we love you!

Last edited:
"...who really make it impossible to pick out which night was best". That's all for the best, since I never thought that rating your audiences was a good look for the performer.

"...who really make it impossible to pick out which night was best". That's all for the best, since I never thought that rating your audiences was a good look for the performer.

That's a good point. I was finally at a show that he highlighted as a standout - San Diego. On the flipside, what is the implication toward all the other audiences on the tour that he doesn't shout out?

That's a good point. I was finally at a show that he highlighted as a standout - San Diego. On the flipside, what is the implication toward all the other audiences on the tour that he doesn't shout out?
that they should do better! lousy audiences making Morrissey feel unappreciated, hmph

although if everyone in the audience was like me then that would truly be the lousiest audience ever. im such a bad fan. :( I just don't like the concert set up. I feel condescending, going and sitting for a predetermined length of time and listening to someone sing songs ive already heard a thousand times before. like I said, id rather just play a game of trivial pursuit with Morrissey, if it's all the same.

Thunderclap of claptrap. It"s a tad more coherent than Trump but no less worrying. I wonder if he is advised by Steve Bannon? Self will? Try self restraint you unapologetic racist.

He is now with Will Self?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom