Morrissey Central: THUNDERCLAP OF JOY. October 26, 2019

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thunderclap-of-joy

THUNDERCLAP OF JOY.
October 26, 2019

Our Canadian tour of 9 concerts has now been completed, and I express deep and profound thanks to the magnificent audiences each night - who really make it impossible to pick out which night was best. Music still turns meaningless existence (mine) into something with meaning, and in a modern world that doesn't seem to know that it has stopped thinking, I am grateful for audiences of informed citizens with their own intellectual spirit. We will never make good slaves !
I am so happy to be so joyfully reacquainted with Canada, and I pray that a return trip can be assured.
Meanwhile, be open, be truthful, speak up - it's contagious !

Yours always, with self-will
MORRISSEY
25 October 2019

isM3Ob7.png

Last edited:
:lbf:

but then, you see, we could penalize him! if it's not in the scrabble dictionary he loses a turn! no ifs ands or buts! we would lay down the law.
Okay, you'll have to tell him, though. I reckon he could get pretty sulky to be told his made-up words aren't allowed.

Okay, you'll have to tell him, though. I reckon he could get pretty sulky to be told his made-up words aren't allowed.
don't worry, ill handle it. I assume the best way of handling it would be to shake your finger and say "tut tut mozbunny tut tut". and then maybe after consulting the dictionary and not finding it in there one will have to insult the dictionary a bit and then say "oh morrisy if only YOU had written the dictionary, how much better our language would be!". it is admittedly a delicate matter because while it's okay if he sulks, we don't want him to storm off home.

don't worry, ill handle it. I assume the best way of handling it would be to shake your finger and say "tut tut mozbunny tut tut". and then maybe after consulting the dictionary and not finding it in there one will have to insult the dictionary a bit and then say "oh morrisy if only YOU had written the dictionary, how much better our language would be!". it is admittedly a delicate matter because while it's okay if he sulks, we don't want him to storm off home.
Yeah, that could work. And pour him another vodka, mayhap. Is it forward to assume I might be invited? I'm quite good at Scrabble, I'm sure I could give Moz a run for his money.

Yeah, that could work. And pour him another vodka, mayhap. Is it forward to assume I might be invited? I'm quite good at Scrabble, I'm sure I could give Moz a run for his money.
OF COURSE you're invited pep pep! I mean, at first it WAS just gonna be me an' moz but then lionsy expressed a willingness to join in and I thought "well it could be fun to have more people for a change", just as long as we don't get TOO MANY people--and absolutely NO CLODS.

OF COURSE you're invited pep pep! I mean, at first it WAS just gonna be me an' moz but then lionsy expressed a willingness to join in and I thought "well it could be fun to have more people for a change", just as long as we don't get TOO MANY people--and absolutely NO CLODS.
Well, thank you. Very decent of you to share him like that. CLODS? :confused:

Well, thank you. Very decent of you to share him like that. CLODS? :confused:
yeah, CLODS. you know what a clod is don't you? someone loud and obnoxious and clumsy, who steps on your toes both literally and figuratively. this forum is full of 'em and as it turns out Morrissey and I don't like 'em! ergo, NO CLODS (also, no zitty dolts)

yeah, CLODS. you know what a clod is don't you? someone loud and obnoxious and clumsy, who steps on your toes both literally and figuratively. this forum is full of 'em and as it turns out Morrissey and I don't like 'em! ergo, NO CLODS (also, no zitty dolts)
Ah, okay. Thank you for elucidating. We have clods of earth (big coarse chunks) and clodhopping (as in a boorish, rude, clumsy person). So that fits. Always good to know the etymology of your insults, I find. :)

Ah, okay. Thank you for elucidating. We have clods of earth (big coarse chunks) and clodhopping (as in a boorish, rude, clumsy person). So that fits. Always good to know the etymology of your insults, I find. :)
so if someone is clodhopping would you call them a clod or a clodhopper? im glad to know the word clodhopping. i would've formally just said 'clod-ish' as the only time I've ever heard a similar word used is when Jackie Kennedy's mother in law referred to Jackie kennedys legs as clodhoppers' (which I thought not very nice)

so if someone is clodhopping would you call them a clod or a clodhopper? im glad to know the word clodhopping. i would've formally just said 'clod-ish' as the only time I've ever heard a similar word used is when Jackie Kennedy's mother in law referred to Jackie kennedys legs as clodhoppers' (which I thought not very nice)
We would tend to say clodhopper, or clodhopping (as in 'that clodhopping fool', or whatever). Wow! Mrs Kennedy Senior sure knew how to throw an insult. :lbf:

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thunderclap-of-joy

THUNDERCLAP OF JOY.
October 26, 2019

Our Canadian tour of 9 concerts has now been completed, and I express deep and profound thanks to the magnificent audiences each night - who really make it impossible to pick out which night was best. Music still turns meaningless existence (mine) into something with meaning, and in a modern world that doesn't seem to know that it has stopped thinking, I am grateful for audiences of informed citizens with their own intellectual spirit. We will never make good slaves !
I am so happy to be so joyfully reacquainted with Canada, and I pray that a return trip can be assured.
Meanwhile, be open, be truthful, speak up - it's contagious !

Yours always, with self-will
MORRISSEY
25 October 2019

isM3Ob7.png

Well, nice to see the tiff with Canada is completed. White seal coats on sale at next tour go round, autographed ofcorse. Raw seal sushi free for Eskimos at the shows as well. They too are a minority too extoll and enshrine for a buck or two,....but not much more.
Terrace Stamp will model his autographed white seal coat on the next tour.

❤️

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom