morrissey childhood home

I remembered this interview with Ivor Perry (of Easterhouse) from earlier this year where he mentions that he lived five doors away from Morrissey (at about age 11, so circa 1973), so that would have been in Kings Road, Stetford. The Smiths mentions start at about 18:50 and the living five doors away is at 29:29 and there are other mentions later regarding supporting The Smiths and very briefly joining.

Is it full of Muslims now??

Someone should purchase if it ever goes up for sale. Put up a little plaque stating the years he lived there, try to furnish his room as it was when he was a teenager. Then maybe give tours on the weekends. Make a pretty penny I bet. What do you think? 🙃

Morrissey should, and give the tours himself, telling funny anecdotes along the way. He’d make a fortune! and it would beat touring. Though he’d probably cancel the house tours too! :(

Someone should purchase if it ever goes up for sale. Put up a little plaque stating the years he lived there, try to furnish his room as it was when he was a teenager. Then maybe give tours on the weekends. Make a pretty penny I bet. What do you think? 🙃
Didn't Jarvis do something like this?
He'd need to have lots of security crew to stop people from stripping the place for souvenirs.

Didn't Jarvis do something like this?
He'd need to have lots of security crew to stop people from stripping the place for souvenirs.

You mean with his childhood home? Don’t know much about him.

You mean with his childhood home? Don’t know much about him.
Yes, not sure if it was his actual home or a traveling art installation. Seem to think it was his old bedroom. It was all leading up to Pulp's latest triumphant comeback tour. I suppose I could just Google it but time is short.
It is an intriguing thing to able to see the engine rooms of subsequent greatness.
Viz ran an imaginative strip for a while on our Russell's formative bedroom. It had magical flying abilities almost akin to the Tardis but of course after recent revelations we're not able to mention it anymore.
I guess most teenager's bedrooms are hazard areas.

Back
Top Bottom